Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by kajifu »

ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Liverpool need more defensive help in January. They look good. Will need some luck though to win the title.
They have the best defence in the league.
Yes, but this is just 16 games. 22 games to go. Need more depth.
In which area exactly?
Help me to ax him biko. What a beast is Van Dijk in the heart of that defence! The guy is hands down the best CD in the EPL.
How my beloved Arsenal miss him when he was at rangers is a crime .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:
kajifu wrote:How come Liverpool not as good as last season but picking up more point's?Another test for you guys is tuesday a must win against Napoli,i see you guys heading to Europa ...
The team is miles ahead of last year..
I don't think so oooh,that team last season would not drop points like you guys are doing in CL.Your team is likely heading to Europa and you are talking about a team that if not for Ramos dirty play could have been Euro champs.
Your defense improved a bit but last season this team out played City.Please Oga txj abeg explain me why this team is miles better.I am glad to learn something I don't know.thanks
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kajifu wrote:
txj wrote:
kajifu wrote:How come Liverpool not as good as last season but picking up more point's?Another test for you guys is tuesday a must win against Napoli,i see you guys heading to Europa ...
I don't think so oooh,that team last season would not drop points like you guys are doing in CL.Your team is likely heading to Europa and you are talking about a team that if not for Ramos dirty play could have been Euro champs.
Your defense improved a bit but last season this team out played City.Please Oga txj abeg explain me why this team is miles better.I am glad to learn something I don't know.thanks

A good team is a team with balance. Balance between offense and defence. Last year the team was heavily skewed towards offense. What is more, on the offense, they needed a heavy dose of high pressing to be able to launch the attack. In otherwords, they could only be effective playing one way.

This year is quite different. They can win in multiple ways, including thru high pressing. They are able to create chances against low-block teams, while still retaining the counterattcking qualities from last season.

The only thing from last season they are currently missing is the ability to counter from midfield as a result of the injury to Ox, and Naby yet to be fully integrated.

The losses on the road in the CL is probably not the best measure of the team. I would also disagree with ur characterization of the defence. It has improved greatly...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Team news is in. Not sure about Keita not starting but coach knows best. We have to be solid in Midfield
Big game. Let’s go get em. YNWA....
Can’t watch live because of work so will stay off internet so I can watch somewhat live when I get home. Best of luck Red Men...

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Lovren, Keita, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Origi
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
kajifu wrote:
txj wrote:

A good team is a team with balance. Balance between offense and defence. Last year the team was heavily skewed towards offense. What is more, on the offense, they needed a heavy dose of high pressing to be able to launch the attack. In otherwords, they could only be effective playing one way.

This year is quite different. They can win in multiple ways, including thru high pressing. They are able to create chances against low-block teams, while still retaining the counterattcking qualities from last season.

The only thing from last season they are currently missing is the ability to counter from midfield as a result of the injury to Ox, and Naby yet to be fully integrated.

The losses on the road in the CL is probably not the best measure of the team. I would also disagree with ur characterization of the defence. It has improved greatly...
Agree with everything especially the defensive aspect plus your new goalie who has already won Liverpool many points in the league this season. That said, my expectation is that Klopp should look to start fast early on (first 20 mins) in search for an early goal especially backed by the 12th man at Anefield.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Alategun wrote:Team news is in. Not sure about Keita not starting but coach knows best. We have to be solid in Midfield
Can’t watch live because of work so will stay off internet so I can watch somewhat live when I get home. Best of luck Red Men...

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Keita not starting is wrong :ohmy:

Dont want to be negative but i dont think we will do it today :sad:
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

heavyd wrote:
Alategun wrote:Team news is in. Not sure about Keita not starting but coach knows best. We have to be solid in Midfield

Keita not starting is wrong :ohmy:

Dont want to be negative but i dont think we will do it today :sad:
Europa dey now... :D :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Salahhhh
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:Salahhhh
:boo:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:
kajifu wrote:
txj wrote:

Thanks for the free lecture,i just notice that Liverpool dont panic if its not going their way,they are a tough side.I also think your keeper this year is playing a big part to keep the defence better.Kai OX injury is the reason also for missing out on CL trophy.OX is a big miss but you guys have deep bench
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

can never understand why Klopp doent make changes!!!!
YNWA
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, world class save by Alisson...cliché! Does soft mint still exist?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How in the world was this game only 1-0?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:Salahhhh
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^@Tx, can soft mint do it? #cliché
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:^@Tx, can soft mint do it? #cliché
I'll take it any way, thank you sir!

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap:
Proper British goalkeeping, none of that fancy Dan, European Union malarkey...Good ol’ fashion, get in there, get sum’int on it yer cy*nt.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How did Mane miss all those chances?

Squeaky bum does not begin to explain the tension I just went through...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Alisson don join De Winch as keepers that earn you three points.

Liverpool must be thankful the days of pipes like Mignolet and his understudy are long gone.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:How did Mane miss all those chances?

Squeaky bum does not begin to explain the tension I just went through...
The African in him came out. :D Probably just nerves. The last one was the worst. :lol:
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Wow, just seen the game. Salah was massive. Mane! Men all those chances. He remains vital to the team though. And Allison! What a keeper.
This was good game from us. Better finishing 4-0 easy
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

metalalloy wrote:Alisson don join De Winch as keepers that earn you three points.

Liverpool must be thankful the days of pipes like Mignolet and his understudy are long gone.
To be honest i dont really think the save was anything special. Mignolet has made countless saves much better than that.
What Alisson brings to the team is Confidence. Confidence and knowledge that he will do the simple things very well, wont make many stupid Mistakes and will also come up with the odd stupendous save. His calmness on the ball and excellent distribution are also great assets.
YNWA