Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by YemiBrazil »

Let's go Man Shitty - let's do this :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am moving over :twisted:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

We are going 433. They put all their midfielders in 343
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Klopp has gone with his tried and trusted three in midfield... hmmm, it usually lacks penetration though so we'll see....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The YeyeMan wrote:Klopp has gone with his tried and trusted three in midfield... hmmm, it usually lacks penetration though so we'll see....
Works well when the press works. If we don’t press right, that midfield may get out run with both Silvers. But trust Firmino and Mane particularly to play bring and help with the press.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Alategun wrote:We are going 433. They put all their midfielders in 343
Read it wrong they are playing 433. No De Bruyne.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Keita please! And Shaq. I will rather try getting a goal and run the risk of losing more than stay where we are right now
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Since Fabinho came on everything changed
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pool is trashed getting exposed..abi banana spill dey road :)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Klopp needs to learn. That midfield 3 play better at home against the big boys. The crowd moves them forward. But away, it hasn't worked well. I hope he learns from this. And Trent needs to rest. He was jittery throughout. Having Lovren Beside him doesn’t hep either. Lovren’s spatial awareness is suspect. Even though Aguero I was offside initially, u don’t lose sight of him.
Still 4 points ahead and we could have gotten a result easily. Controlled game better with fabinho on. We will be fine. The tough away games left are against Man U and Everton. All the other tough games are
At home. We can do it still.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote:Klopp needs to learn. That midfield 3 play better at home against the big boys. The crowd moves them forward. But away, it hasn't worked well. I hope he learns from this. And Trent needs to rest. He was jittery throughout. Having Lovren Beside him doesn’t hep either. Lovren’s spatial awareness is suspect. Even though Aguero I was offside initially, u don’t lose sight of him.
Still 4 points ahead and we could have gotten a result easily. Controlled game better with fabinho on. We will be fine. The tough away games left are against Man U and Everton. All the other tough games are
Everton away isn't tough unless their form picks up. The Spurs game will likely be Liverpool's toughest challenge.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Alategun wrote:Klopp needs to learn. That midfield 3 play better at home against the big boys. The crowd moves them forward. But away, it hasn't worked well. I hope he learns from this. And Trent needs to rest. He was jittery throughout. Having Lovren Beside him doesn’t hep either. Lovren’s spatial awareness is suspect. Even though Aguero I was offside initially, u don’t lose sight of him.
Everton away isn't tough unless their form picks up. The Spurs game will likely be Liverpool's toughest challenge.
Everton away shouldn’t be tough but those games are always mentally tough. Yeah Tottenham at home is a tough game too but we should beat them. I just hope Klopp stops with these midfield 3 away at the top sides. At home yeah.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Really? That's not supported by the facts.

With a 7pt lead, the onus from start was on City. Thus from a tactical perspective, the MF trio fitted the strategy and Fab cam on when he should have...My quarrel is rather with the timing of Mane's sub.

I think coming from the offsides position to get onside, led to Loveren losing sight of him...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:

With a 7pt lead, the onus from start was on City. Thus from a tactical perspective, the MF trio fitted the strategy and Fab cam on when he should have...My quarrel is rather with the timing of Mane's sub.

I think coming from the offsides position to get onside, led to Loveren losing sight of him...
We played same 3 away to Napoli once Keita got injured and away to PSG. Arguably our worst performance of the season was against Napoli away. Red Star aside.
Same trio at home to PSG and Napoli were carried by their energy which gets a lot of boost from the home crowd.
Lovren’s spatial recognition is suspect. I told my son I hope they don’t lose sight of Aguero when he fell. I know he was originally off but you still have to be aware of where he is.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

In hindsight, after scoring the equalizer, we should have gone back to 433 and play on the counter. Henderson was too far forward and Gini too and they picked us apart.
But perspective is needed. Start of December. We were 2 points behind city and now we are 4 points ahead with equal GD.
Win against Brighton and we start again.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Solanke and Clyne gone to Bournemouth. They made some money on him. Probably not explosive enough. He is like a poor man’s Firmino. Brewster I think will be better
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote:Solanke and Clyne gone to Bournemouth. They made some money on him. Probably not explosive enough. He is like a poor man’s Firmino. Brewster I think will be better
Odd move for Liverpool given the options at RB.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Alategun wrote:Solanke and Clyne gone to Bournemouth. They made some money on him. Probably not explosive enough. He is like a poor man’s Firmino. Brewster I think will be better
More odd from the player actually. The club has options- Milner, Fabinho; and Gomez when he returns at end Jan.

Then there is the young dutch kid Kia-Jana who looks quite promising...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
More odd from the player actually. The club has options- Milner, Fabinho; and Gomez when he returns at end Jan.

Then there is the young dutch kid Kia-Jana who looks quite promising...

Loan deal and he is no where close to displacing arnold at the moment. Playing time has to be more important to him at this stage and he can slide right into the starting line up at Bournemouth.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:

Watching the game again and I just say your assessment was right. We actually played well that 1st 1/2. Thought Bernado Silva and Fernandinho bullied us but we controlled the game otherwise. City was lucky. They could have been down 2 goals and that almost red for Kompany....

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

A lot of changes. Will be interstellar by.

Mignolet, Camacho, Fabinho, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Keita, Jones, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.
Subs: Kelleher, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Hoever, Christie-Davies, Alexander-Arnold.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Hoever and Fabinho at center back. Lovren injured early on. CB injury crisis?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Camacho being ridden like an oversized (no such thing) masoko in downtown Kinshasa. Oh the curriculum.