Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by Coach »

Noble has been a big disappointment in front of goal.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Keita lucky to escape a second yellow there
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

see Origi.. smh..

and thats why you are a journeyman. Offside sha.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brendan Kloppgers? Over to you Peperenpe.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Brendan Kloppgers? Over to you Peperenpe.
he is a winner, isnt he? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Keita switched off there, 1-1
Keita has been poor this half, but its hard to blame that goal on him.
That's who the commentators blamed, said he switched off as Antonio ran across him, that he didn't do enough to stop his run and just let him in to meet a simple pass...I don't know who else i'd blame on that, he's the last man in Liverpools defense and so has to track any such run and really didn't...

Guy, you better pass dis one now. Look at the replay and see if you agree with the commentator.

1. He was marking Noble, Anotonio was not "his man" and it was Robertson ( i think cant see his no) who should have tracked that run. If keita left his man to track that run, Noble would have been wide open.
2. Noble pulled and tripped him as Antonio ran past him. It wasn't called
Still looks like his fault, he’s the last in Liverpool’s line, you want Robertson to run into his own player to chase Antonio? In this case you pass the runner onto the next man then cover his man. Keita had no next man to pass him on to so it’s his responsibility to mark him, so he carries the most blame. I know he’s our broda and we have blinders on when it comes to him but come on...he was pretty useless all game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Danfo, he’s making a fist of it. What is a winner after all? Mourinho bragged about being part of that elite cabal and is fast blacklisting himself from Europe’s upper echelon. Klopp, points dropped or not, has Liverpool in a good position, arguably in the position many thought Mourinho would be taking United. Pardon the Mourinho references brethren, one assumes that was the whole point of the “winner” claim right?

Time is better spent discussing the employed and thus influential, rather than the unemployed and presently irrelevant.
Last edited by Coach on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
That's who the commentators blamed, said he switched off as Antonio ran across him, that he didn't do enough to stop his run and just let him in to meet a simple pass...I don't know who else i'd blame on that, he's the last man in Liverpools defense and so has to track any such run and really didn't...

Guy, you better pass dis one now. Look at the replay and see if you agree with the commentator.

1. He was marking Noble, Anotonio was not "his man" and it was Robertson ( i think cant see his no) who should have tracked that run. If keita left his man to track that run, Noble would have been wide open.
Still looks like his fault, he’s the last in Liverpool’s line, you want Robertson to run into his own player to chase Antonio? In this case you pass the runner onto the next man then cover his man. Keita had no next man to pass him on to so it’s his responsibility to mark him, so he carries the most blame. I know he’s our broda and we have blinders on when it comes to him but come on...he was pretty useless all game.

Did Robertson go to cover Keitas man? There is a clear 4-5 meters between Robertson and Keita when Antonio started his run, and so there was no risk of running into anyone. Robertson stayed transfixed in an area where 3 pool players were covering one man after he left Antonio to run free, Robertson made no attempt whatsoever to follow Antonio that he was clearly marking, and somehow it's Keitas fault? You yourself already said that you "pass the runner onto the next man then cover his man"did Robertson make any move to cover Noble?

Keita did follow Antonio and was prevented from getting to him from a correct old sense man play from Noble where he set a bball pick on him.

I have no blinders on. I said he has a poor game (he improved quite a bit in the second half and set up Origi with what should have been the winner) along with others like Firmino who had a worse game. I find it hard to fault him on that goal.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Did Robertson go to cover Keitas man? There is a clear 4-5 meters between Robertson and Keita when Antonio started his run, and so there was no risk of running into anyone. Robertson stayed transfixed in an area where 3 pool players were covering one man after he left Antonio to run free, Robertson made no attempt whatsoever to follow Antonio that he was clearly marking, and somehow it's Keitas fault? You yourself already said that you "pass the runner onto the next man then cover his man"did Robertson make any move to cover Noble?

Keita did follow Antonio and was prevented from getting to him from a correct old sense man play from Noble where he set a bball pick on him.

I have no blinders on. I said he has a poor game (he improved quite a bit in the second half and set up Origi with what should have been the winner) along with others like Firmino who had a worse game. I find it hard to fault him on that goal.
That’s your opinion sha, I agree with the commentators. I don’t see how he has no fault but na you know...but I’ll say this if that was Van Dyke there, no way he gets such an easy uncontested shot.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

That’s your opinion sha, I agree with the commentators. I don’t see how he has no fault but na you know...but I’ll say this if that was Van Dyke there, no way he gets such an easy uncontested shot.
You are comparing a 6 4, 203lbs dedicated defender vs a 5 8 140lbs soaking wet midfielder? :D I bet you if that was Robertson instead of Naby, we would have the same result, AND you and commentators would rightfully be blaming Naby for not following his man.

VVD is most likely getting through Nobles pick, but should never have been in that position if everyone did their job.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Plenty more there

https://twitter.com/search?q=robertson% ... o&src=typd

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Plenty more there

https://twitter.com/search?q=robertson% ... o&src=typd
I didn’t say Robertson gets no blame but at least those posters acknowledge Keita’s blame and are not saying he has no fault.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Danfo, he’s making a fist of it. What is a winner after all? Mourinho bragged about being part of that elite canal and is fast blacklisting himself from Europe’s upper echelon. Klopp, points dropped or not, has Liverpool in a good position, arguably in the position many thought Mourinho would be taking United. Pardon the Mourinho references brethren, one assumes that was the whole point of the “winner” claim right?

Time is better spent discussing the employed and thus influential, rather than the unemployed and presently irrelevant.
Anyone who expected that Liverpool would run away with it has not been paying attention.

But having said that, I still cannot forgive JK for letting Clyne go. So much energy being expended in covering that deficiency...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

if they do not win the league with these gifts, they deserve flogging

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:But having said that, I still cannot forgive JK for letting Clyne go. So much energy being expended in covering that deficiency...
Glad you've revised your earlier view on that move. Still makes no sense to me. Can you imagine Pep allowing Danilo to leave on loan in the middle of a title race just because the player needs playing time? Poor by Klopp.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:@Danfo, he’s making a fist of it. What is a winner after all? Mourinho bragged about being part of that elite canal and is fast blacklisting himself from Europe’s upper echelon. Klopp, points dropped or not, has Liverpool in a good position, arguably in the position many thought Mourinho would be taking United. Pardon the Mourinho references brethren, one assumes that was the whole point of the “winner” claim right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Step away from the mirror and answer my question:

Klopp is a winner, isnt he? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Winner oh oh oh! Winner!

Winner oh! oh! Oh! Winner!

Kloppy you don win o! WInner!

Kpata kpata you go win again o! Winner!

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

I take it you didnt see the 93rd minute change where Origi was offside with a chance to win the game, and linesman allowed him to play on?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So ex Liverpool boss Rafa slows City, now ex City boss Pelle returns the favor and slows Liverpool.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:So ex Liverpool boss Rafa slows City, now ex City boss Pelle returns the favor and slows Liverpool.

LOL Pellegrini explicitly said he wouldn't mind helping city out by beating Pool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... l-15776150

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
theYemster wrote:So ex Liverpool boss Rafa slows City, now ex City boss Pelle returns the favor and slows Liverpool.

LOL Pellegrini explicitly said he wouldn't mind helping city out by beating Pool

watch OGS follow suit in a few weeks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool fans,you can used this cool your heart if it doesn't go your way.

Liverpool have announced a world record profit of £106m.

In their yearly financial results, the Reds made an annual pre-tax profit of £125m - up from £40m - as turnover increased in the 12 months to May 2018 by £90m to £455m, also a record.

Liverpool were boosted financially by a run to the Champions League final last season, which earned an estimated £72m.

They were also helped by midfielder Philippe Coutinho's £142m transfer to Barcelona in January 2018.

Leicester City had held the record for net (post-tax) profit of £80m in 2016-17 (£92m pre-tax) after reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League in 2017.

Having topped the Premier League table for much of the season, Liverpool are vying with defending champions Manchester City for a first English top-flight title for 29 years, and that success has been mirrored off the pitch too.

Media revenue has increased by £66m to £220m, commercial revenue by £17m to £154m and match revenue by £7m to £81m.

In revenue terms, Liverpool will leapfrog Arsenal into third place in the Premier League, behind Manchester United and Manchester City.

In total, £137m came into the club from player transfers. Liverpool say all of that has been reinvested back into the squad, taking outgoings on new players to more than £190m.

Andy Hughes, the club's chief operating officer, said: "What we have seen is a stable and sustained improvement in the club's financial position over recent years.

"This growth and increase in revenue has enabled us to significantly reinvest both in the playing squad and the football operational infrastructure.

"Financial results do fluctuate depending on player trading costs and timing of payments, but what's clear in these latest results is the further strengthening of our underlying financial footing and profits being reinvested in the squad and infrastructure."

The club also say their social media platforms had a 14% growth rate, taking the total to over 60 million followers across digital channels, and that in May 2018 they had the highest viewing figures ever for a Premier League club, and third of any sports club globally.

In January, Liverpool climbed two places to seventh in the latest edition of the Deloitte Football Money League.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

watch OGS follow suit in a few weeks
So who will OGa OSG slow down City or Liverpool?