Latvian club try to make Akinyemi sign extension at gunpoint

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Latvian club try to make Akinyemi sign extension at gunpoint

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Latvian club Ventspils try to force Nigerian striker Adeleke Akinyemi to renew contract at gunpoint - See more at: https://goo.gl/178eKa

This one get as a be ooo. Gunpoint????

Well the slave trade may long be over but I guess there are still a large body of Caucasians out there who do nor accept that the negro is a human being of equal standing as themselves. This Latvian club probably look at him and think: "Were it not for us, you would be starving in Africa. You should be grateful that we rescued you from poverty."

I am sure the Russian owner of the club knows of a lot of local rages to riches stories but alas, he will never rank them alongside that of an African. This I guess is just the lingering legacy of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and colonialism.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Latvian club try to make Akinyemi sign extension at gunp

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Latvian club Ventspils try to force Nigerian striker Adeleke Akinyemi to renew contract at gunpoint - See more at: https://goo.gl/178eKa

Well the slave trade may long be over but I guess there are still a large body of Caucasians out there who do nor accept that the negro is a human being of equal standing as themselves. This Latvian club probably look at him and think: "Were it not for us, you would be starving in Africa. You should be grateful that we rescued you from poverty."

I am sure the Russian owner of the club knows of a lot of local rages to riches stories but alas, he will never rank them alongside that of an African. This I guess is just the lingering legacy of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and colonialism.
If the story is true, what is our man and his agent(s) doing, or is going to do about it? I hope they file a complaint; at least.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I blame the naija league
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Latvian club Ventspils try to force Nigerian striker Adeleke Akinyemi to renew contract at gunpoint - See more at: https://goo.gl/178eKa

Slavery is more in Africa before, and as of today than in anywhere in Caucasian land.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bouncer wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Latvian club Ventspils try to force Nigerian striker Adeleke Akinyemi to renew contract at gunpoint - See more at: https://goo.gl/178eKa

Slavery is more in Africa before, and as of today than in anywhere in Caucasian land.
I agree with you - Bouncer! If my brain is not failing me, I heard fellow Africans were the ones handling other Africans - upon capture - to the White people.

Back to our boy, he and his agent(s) need to do something about this issue of the gunpoint claim is true.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Can someone please post a better source? This story is not even online.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wale1974 wrote:Can someone please post a better source? This story is not even online.
:agree:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

He could be on his way to Racing Strasbourg of France...
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:He could be on his way to Racing Strasbourg of France...

Excellent. I hope he carried on in the tradition of José Luis Chilavert who established himself as a world class player while at Strasbourg.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Obong wrote:He could be on his way to Racing Strasbourg of France...

Excellent. I hope he carried on in the tradition of José Luis Chilavert who established himself as a world class player while at Strasbourg.
Why are you always lying? Chilavert established himself at Velez Sarsfield where he won Copa Libertadore and Intercontinental Cup in 1994......Plus 4 league Titles.

IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper: 1995,1997,1998.
Footballer of the Year of Argentina: 1996
South American Footballer of the Year: 1996
FIFA World Cup: All-star team 1998

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9 ... avert#Club
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Incidentally, the late great Stephen Keshi played for Strasbourg. He reportedly even captained the team.

https://www.naija.ng/1100790-stephen-ke ... ml#1100790
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Obong wrote:Incidentally, the late great Stephen Keshi played for Strasbourg. He reportedly even captained the team.

He went there after he left Belgium.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obong wrote:Incidentally, the late great Stephen Keshi played for Strasbourg. He reportedly even captained the team.

True but Keshi’s best days were at Anderlecht. At Strasbourg he was not in his prime.