Deportivo Coach Apologises to Uzoho Over Shocking Comments..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Deportivo Coach Apologises to Uzoho Over Shocking Comments..

Post by Enugu II »

Deportivo La Coruna Coach Apologises To Uzoho Over ‘Racist’ Comments, Insist Eagles Keeper Is Third Choice
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/08/de ... rd-choice/
August 8, 20180193

Coach of Deportivo La Coruna Carmelo del Pozo says he has explained ‎to Nigerian goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho the true context of the words he used in describing his demands for a starting spot few days ago.

While reacting to the position of Uzoho at the club after the signing of another goalkeeper in Ortola, the coach said the Nigerian won’t be his first choice due to several reasons which he has explained to the 19 year old.

Uzoho’s post on social media shortly after the manager’s comment suggest he was replying to the coach as he said ” We all Know What This Means Now”, although he later cleared the air on what the post is all about, insisting it’s nothing close to what the coach said.

Coach Carmelo didn’t stop there as he once again spared time during the unveiling of David Simon to criticise Uzoho once again, comments which many felt has racial connotations based on the context.

” I hope they do not forget that they are where they are thanks to Deportivo, because they opted for them, others coming from Africa when they did not have clothes or money”, a statement which immediately sparked a reply from Uzoho on his verified Twitter handle.

” I came to this world without clothes, so it’s not so bad that I also came to Europe without clothes. At home they taught me to choose my battle wisely”, he posted before he later deleted it.

The battle between the duo drew a response from the club president Tino Fernadez who even backed the Nigerian goalkeeper at the World Cup and subsequently apologised to him on the comments made by the coach.

” We apologise, and in fact it is very important for Francis to play. He cannot be third goalkeeper or even second, even if it’s a Primera team”, the president said during his take on the feud between the duo.

During the presentation of another new player in Domingos Duarte, the coach revealed that he spoke with Uzoho and aplogised to them about the comments which many viewed as a racist‎ remark.

” The next day I spoke with Francis and I gave him my explanations and aplogies. Our idea has not changed from the first day and it will not change “, the coach said, apparently referring to his decision on Uzoho as third choice for the first team but first choice for the B team in the third division.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Deportivo Coach Apologises to Uzoho Over Shocking Commen

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Move on Francis, move on!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I blame the Naija league
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

What's with all these sideways and step-down contracts 9ja players are involved in?
Isn't the World Cup the platform that players use to get lucrative contracts?

I guess let's wait for 2022, if they qualify....
Last edited by Kabalega on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:What's with all these sideways and step-down contracts 9ja players are involved in?
Isn't the World Cup the platform that players use to get lucrative contracts?

I guess let's wait for 2020, if they qualify....
Hopefully the Ugandan players will use their platforms better when they qualify in the year 2354.
Last edited by aruako1 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

He has a $10m release clause in his recent extension he signed recently.. I dont think it would be that easy.. He needs a better agent finally to help him.. At his age, he should go where he would be first choice!!
afc##
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Coach Carmelo:

” I hope they do not forget that they are where they are thanks to Deportivo, because they opted for them, others coming from Africa when they did not have clothes or money”,
:roll: probably lost in translation.

The great Samuel Eto'o once said, "I will work like a black-man and eat like a white-man"
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Coach Carmelo:

” I hope they do not forget that they are where they are thanks to Deportivo, because they opted for them, others coming from Africa when they did not have clothes or money”,

The great Samuel Eto'o once said, "I will work like a black-man and eat like a white-man"

Care to share what you think was the right translation?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chuks69 wrote:He has a $10m release clause in his recent extension he signed recently.. I dont think it would be that easy.. He needs a better agent finally to help him.. At his age, he should go where he would be first choice!!
I agree, he should have looked to go out on loan as it was clear from the jump (even though some folks on CE couldn't see it), that he was NOT going to get chances with Deportivo first team as they brought in other more experienced keepers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

maceo4 wrote:
chuks69 wrote:He has a $10m release clause in his recent extension he signed recently.. I dont think it would be that easy.. He needs a better agent finally to help him.. At his age, he should go where he would be first choice!!
I agree, he should have looked to go out on loan as it was clear from the jump (even though some folks on CE couldn't see it), that he was NOT going to get chances with Deportivo first team as they brought in other more experienced keepers.
Rohr might have to pull some strings for Uzoho to join a 2nd Division German team as a backup keeper.
Though you do have to worry about a coach dabbling in player trades.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Rohr might have to pull some strings for Uzoho to join a 2nd Division German team as a backup keeper.
Still if Uzoho were Ugandan he would be your greatest player ever. He has been to the world cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho should focus on what he can control. Continue to get better in training, play well for the National team. If they still refuse to make him the first choice, he can always find another club. The last thing he should do is extend his contract. Unless it is an attractive contract.

$10 million release clause is not much. But bad move signing that extension.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Coach Carmelo:

Ok,it's clearer in English and that's how I read it,I guess the Spainish made Eto'o work like a black man so he could even sleep like a white man and feed and clothed him and Uzoho,in Spainish that's OK!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:I blame the Naija league
For once in your miserable life try to be serious. Not everything is play.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Kabalega wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
There'd be an outcry if a Nigerian coach was to dabble in player trades....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Very few 19 yr old start in div 1. The error was taking a 19 year old to the worldcup now he thinks he is good enough to start for a top league side. Experience is so important for a keeper and most of that is gotten being a backup and playing in the lower division. At around 23 - 25 is usually when keepers start to start for major teams. Rohr don turn things on their head. I will advice Uzoho to be patient, its not like he lit the worldcup on fire, if anything it exposed flaws in his game. Work on your craft and the opportunity will come begging him not him chasing it.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

So we now believe owngoal?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Why are people attacking Francis for having offensive comments said about him?