Gavin Bazunu - 16 year old keeper signs for City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kbt
Egg
Egg
Gavin Bazunu - 16 year old keeper signs for City

Post by kbt »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gavin Bazunu - 16 year old keeper signs for City

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

In London? He’s already Berra than Vince ever was. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:In London? He’s already Berra than Vince ever was. :thumbs:
is he better than Uzoho
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:In London? He’s already Berra than Vince ever was. :thumbs:
is he better than Uzoho
I'm just glad it says Nigerian GK, expands our pool of options.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote:
is he better than Uzoho
Uzoho learnt his trade in Benin City, this boy is in Manchester City for goodness sake. We go find out at the next Afcon if he’s better. Just invite him and give him a shirt and gloves. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
is he better than Uzoho
I'm just glad it says Nigerian GK, expands our pool of options.
16 years old and already kept in the Europa League? Awesome. NFF better move fast. But, Emir, why the unnecessary insult to the great Vince? The man was #1 for 13 years and 101 caps. Respect. There's a reason why we still have a vacuum in goal since he retired.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Another site puts his nationality as Irish. So I guess that’s that. He probably feels more Irish.

Anyway, where’s Ayo to tell us he’s the second best keeper we have after Francis :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gavin Bazunu, 6ft tall.
Age 16.

There's another Naija kid keeper Arthur Okonkwo in the making at the Arsenal youth squad.
Already about 6'3 at 17 years old.

David Nwokolor, Croatian club HNK Rijeka.
Age 22.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We could soon be forgetting Uzovelcro
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

What’s stopping Bazunnu from shot stopping for Ireland?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:What’s stopping Bazunnu from shot stopping for Ireland?
Nothing.
But I suspect the Ngr-Ireland dilemma is an easier choice than a Ngr-England or a Ngr-Germany one.
Ultimately its about how Nigerian he feels and a lot of that is down to the influence of jollof rice and pounded yam. :D
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

I guess we need the customary You Tube clips

[/video]
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Nothing.
But I suspect the Ngr-Ireland dilemma is an easier choice than a Ngr-England or a Ngr-Germany one.
Ultimately its about how Nigerian he feels and a lot of that is down to the influence of jollof rice and pounded yam. :D
And that’s why it’s hard to tell if a teenager born and raised outside Nigeria is worth a song and dance about,it’s good to know of them but the NFF should always have a priority for home grown (genuinely young) talent (not that they are capable of supporting any talent)!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nothing.
And that’s why it’s hard to tell if a teenager born and raised outside Nigeria is worth a song and dance about,it’s good to know of them but the NFF should always have a priority for home grown (genuinely young) talent (not that they are capable of supporting any talent)!
Yes you are right, but I suspect the issue is simply a practical one.

We all know what needs to be done in terms of infrastructure and the need to 'develop' the league and homegrown youth talent across the country bla-bla-bla.
We can all sound intelligent because the theory is not exactly rocket science.
But the game is a result-oriented game and everyone wants to achieve results - fans, administrators and of course the players themselves.

To get those results there is:
1. The long-term route - putting all those structures etc in place, which is time, money and let's face it, dirty politics.

2. The short-term illegitimate route - which is what we have been doing for decades with the whole age-cheating nonsense; and

3. The short-term legitimate route - which is scouring the globe for 'semi-cooked' Nigerian talent while looking out for local raw talent with the limited resources we have.
In this option, we will win some and lose some, as we've seen already. I have no problem with this as long as the foreign Nigerian talent doesn't become the only desired resource sought after at the expense of our local talent.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nothing.
Yes you are right, but I suspect the issue is simply a practical one.

We all know what needs to be done in terms of infrastructure and the need to 'develop' the league and homegrown youth talent across the country bla-bla-bla.
We can all sound intelligent because the theory is not exactly rocket science.
But the game is a result-oriented game and everyone wants to achieve results - fans, administrators and of course the players themselves.

To get those results there is:
1. The long-term route - putting all those structures etc in place, which is time, money and let's face it, dirty politics.

2. The short-term illegitimate route - which is what we have been doing for decades with the whole age-cheating nonsense; and

3. The short-term legitimate route - which is scouring the globe for 'semi-cooked' Nigerian talent while looking out for local raw talent with the limited resources we have.
In this option, we will win some and lose some, as we've seen already. I have no problem with this as long as the foreign Nigerian talent doesn't become the only desired resource sought after at the expense of our local talent.
I agree but I can tell you short and simple,Nigeria can't plan anything if they are not even sure of what type of players they are going to inherit,with the pick and mix portion of European raised players that where either rejects in their nation of birth or ignored before they choose Nigeria,then there's players that are on the radar of their nation of birth that Nigeria spend too much time trying to poach only to find out Nigeria wasn't even an option for them (Tammy Abraham, Sidney Sam and even some Isreali kid) so it's always wise to try and developed players you can monitor because if they are good enough they know they can only play for Nigeria and no one else so there's no time wasting and raised hopes just pure expectation!
(This is no disrespect to the players who successfully choose Nigeria over their place of birth or where developed from an early youth stage abroad)!