2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs FUL [WK 2]

Post by Cristao II »

Ditto here I will be at an event but that is fine.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Jan Davies

Dier Sissoko

Moura Dele Eriksen

Kane

The above is likely to be the lineup although I would much prefer to put Llorente instead of Kane.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBATG. COYS. One should expect challenges when doing a project and our stadium is no different. In fact things have been running smoothly or the club have shielded us from some disappointment along the way. The reasons fans are disappointed is cos they've been used to seeing everything going on without a hitch and constant announcement of partners etc

The stadium will come on line. In the meantime, victory to Spurs
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: TGBATG. COYS. One should expect challenges when doing a project and our stadium is no different. In fact things have been running smoothly or the club have shielded us from some disappointment along the way. The reasons fans are disappointed is cos they've been used to seeing everything going on without a hitch and constant announcement of partners etc

The stadium will come on line. In the meantime, victory to Sputs
Well said :clap: :clap: :clap:. It is embarrassing reading and hearing the reaction of some of the fans over the stadium delay. Just glad that we are moving in the right direction rather than in reverse.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Ditto here I will be at an event but that is fine.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Jan Davies

Dier Sissoko

Moura Dele Eriksen

Kane

The above is likely to be the lineup although I would much prefer to put Llorente instead of Kane.
I like your lineup but doubt Aurier will start for 2 reasons: 1. Poch likes to rotate and 2. Tripps should be fit to start. As for Kane, the only way he gets benched is if he is injured.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Well taken goal by Moura.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

How are we doing?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mitro smh should have been 1-2
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

As much as I want to hate football, EPL sweet no be small. :thumbs:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Callumity Chambers smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cellular wrote:How are we doing?
Who is we?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Toto don vex ohhh :taunt: this Fulham goalie na akpere sha :woot:

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bend it like Trippier. Serves Fulham right with being too clever
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Great run by Lamella and fantastic finish by Kane....but once again Fulham made to pay for being fancifully foolish with the ball
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

So what happened to the Jean Michel Seri some muppets wanted at Arsenal?
sultan
Egg
Egg

Post by sultan »

Nkume wrote:So what happened to the Jean Michel Seri some muppets wanted at Arsenal?
Overweight, short and slow
Last edited by sultan on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My wife says she is Kenny Saint Brown in the church. But at home, she is Kenny Saint Fire" -- Eddy Remedy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And so relegation battle starts in earnest for Fulham

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Nkume wrote:So what happened to the Jean Michel Seri some muppets wanted at Arsenal?
Pretty average...but then if he is new to EPL , maybe he needs time to bed in.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That Kanara should have been removed since first half.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:How are we doing?
You should answer that was question :tic: Learn to wait. :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Well done Spurs. Lets keep together.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cellular[/color] wrote: How are we doing?
We is doing pretty good :thumbs:.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Message to those players at Spurs who are not happy

[link][/link]

I am learning leadership skills from this dude.

Here is every word of his six minute answer to the question.

"Look this season I am not going to talk....look, many things happened and are going to happen and happened in the past. I am not going to talk, because that is a private matter. Only I am going to talk about what you saw on the pitch, about the performance, about decisions. It's obviously that like I explained in the press conference. I'm not going to talk about it.

"I told you players that have the possibility to stay here, I not talk about him, I talk about in general always. I want player commitment with the team. Players that are not happy, from my point of view, everyone can leave. Then it's different if they can negotiate with Daniel [Levy] and be agreed.

"But for me I want players who are fully committed with the team and want to fight for the team. The players that are here are all committed. Not one told me today that they wanted to find a solution. That is why I'm not going to make any comment about that situation because you know it's so...everyone can have their opinion and it's a lot of parts in different situations that can give or provide different information.

"The only information and the only truth that I can translate to our fans is myself. Today I am so open to listen to players if they want to leave. But if they are going to be here I want all commitment. If not tomorrow we can find a solution. But I told you, it's not to say 'Gaffer, you are so aggressive in your position'.

"I am so tired about talk about this. If some player want or some player are not happy or some player, I understand that if some players don't play they can be disappointed. But the rules in football. Look, you created football.

"You created the rules. It's only 11 players. Why didn't the English players in the past put 22 or 24 players playing against 22 or 24. Why is the squad 25 players if you can only play 11? Why not rules like in basketball where you can change one minute, five minutes in, out? Why not in Italy all on the bench and you don't need to give a list of 18 if you have 25 in the squad? Oh, many, many things that..come on. I am so tired of that. I want to enjoy football.

"If I am here, in my position like a manager because the club trusts in my decision, not because I am so handsome. Maybe that too but (laughs). No, but look for me it's wasting time and wasting time and wasting time and lose the opportunity maybe to improve or challenge for big things. I understand every single situation, I understand agents, I understand everything that football becomes a business, a big business too and protect their asset and duh duh duh, daa daa, doo doo too.

"It's a lot of things that I can say, but I promise you I'm not going to waste time talking about individual situations. Who's not happy we have the possibility to fix. If not professional, contract, every week or every month the club pay on the 28th the salary. The player when they sign a contract they sign to be available to be selected by the manager.

"But when they sign they sign to show the manager in training that they deserve to play. The manager can have some predilection, maybe to play with three at the back or four or five. Look players who don't play they need to wait, if I'm going to be sacked or if someone, or another, finds another solution.

"Look you know better than me, but it's wasting time like this. It's not going to change. You're not going to put pressure on me, or put pressure on my decision. Nobody is going to blackmail me. The club is not going to put pressure on me or if not I go home. Look, many things can happen. Sorry for giving you this situation, but I am so... I want to enjoy football I promise you.

"When I started playing football it was because I loved the emotions that translated with the ball. When I started my career as a manager it was to provide the players with the tools to play and enjoy football on the pitch. But sometimes it is so tough, but that is part of my job too, I understand."

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8