2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs MAN [WK 22]

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Wait 2 weeks and come back to suggest the bet. Your euphoria is catching up with you.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

^^ evidence #100 of being Lily Livered
If we check histories on CE with regards to bets - I doubt that would be the case. Take the advice and come back in a week or two. As I said you are allowing euphoria to get to you.
I'm enjoying T-Roll's over-celebration in a quirky way. I remember when we used to lose to SAF and Man United, T-Roll was extremely friendly to Spurs and always hated Arsenal, Chelsea etc. Now he gives extra attention to Spurs, with a thread to boot. On top of that he celebrates a win like it's 1999 :rotf:

Enjoy it guys, we are officially respected enough to be hated. :D :thumb:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

^^ I am actually praying that we get them again in the FA Cup (They are in the FA Cup right?).
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Wait 2 weeks and come back to suggest the bet. Your euphoria is catching up with you.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

If we check histories on CE with regards to bets - I doubt that would be the case. Take the advice and come back in a week or two. As I said you are allowing euphoria to get to you.
I'm enjoying T-Roll's over-celebration in a quirky way. I remember when we used to lose to SAF and Man United, T-Roll was extremely friendly to Spurs and always hated Arsenal, Chelsea etc. Now he gives extra attention to Spurs, with a thread to boot. On top of that he celebrates a win like it's 1999 :rotf:

You guys seriously see the Takoradi clown as a real Man United supporter? :woot:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Kane out till March. Another challenge for Pochettino. COYS.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Harry Kane out till early March, :oops:
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Harry Kane out till early March, :oops:
CURSED!

Biggest mistake Spurs made was not buying a proper substitute for Kane. In the summer, I thought Wilson (Bournemouth) would have been perfect.

With Kane out and Son gone to the National Team, good luck to Tottenham.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YemiBrazil wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

You guys seriously see the Takoradi clown as a real Man United supporter? :woot:
T-Roll is like the ISIS of Man United. Just as I.S claim to be Muslims and most are not denouncing them, I don't see any Man U fans denouncing him. :tic: :D
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It's been that kind of season. We keep going. Que sera sera
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ligament
6 weeks

Watch us rise
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
CURSED!

Biggest mistake Spurs made was not buying a proper substitute for Kane. In the summer, I thought Wilson (Bournemouth) would have been perfect.

but dem get Lucas Moura and that tall Spaniard now, no be so?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Ligament
6 weeks

Watch us rise
Kane seem to suffer ankle injury every season. #expected
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

T-Roll is like the ISIS of Man United. Just as I.S claim to be Muslims and most are not denouncing them, I don't see any Man U fans denouncing him. :tic: :D
With all due respect, that is NOT an accurate narrative, although parroted by the press. It is an extremely dangerous narrative that gives a dog a bad name in order to hang it. I would refrain from making such statements, even in jest.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
CURSED!

Abegi chief. Keep quiet, biko :sneaky:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
CURSED!

:lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:^^ I am actually praying that we get them again in the FA Cup (They are in the FA Cup right?).
we are in the same number of comps as you

tic toc

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

aww

what a shame

is.my.bet.still on?

any Lily Livered takers?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:^^ I am actually praying that we get them again in the FA Cup (They are in the FA Cup right?).

tic toc
You in Carabao? #Niggscantcount

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:

tic toc
nope

neither are you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Harry Kane with damaged ligaments in the left knee. Ouch!

Time for Llorente to step up.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:

tic toc
nope

neither are you
Check again...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

C II, stop feeding the troll
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] FUL vs TOT [WK 23]

Post by Its a Goal »

Our injury list continues to pile up with no obvious and immediate replacement available. Tomorrow against Fulham we have to deploy a tactical formation that has to overwhelm them early in the match. We have to push to score early and fast. Score one then go for second and third all in the first half simply because we are light in the midfield. Dier is close to full fitness however he is only going to be able to make the bench rather than start. Winks is the only fit senior midfielder to play DM as Skipp is not at that grade yet. Dier can be added when the match is at the 70th minute to build up his match fitness regardless of the score. My offensive lineup will be as such:

• Llorente
    • Eriksen * Lamela

Danny * Winks * Dele * KWP
  • Jan * Sanchez * Toby
      • Lloris

The choice of KWP over both Trippier and Aurier is that KWP is the best crosser among them and is not so prone to mistakes. To get Llorente to score we will have to utilize his height advantage rather than work the ball to his feet as we often do with Kane. This is where the choice of Danny comes in too as he is faster and better offensively than Davies. Dele tucked in to Marshall the midfield with Winks will give Lamela the chance to create scoring opportunities for himself and Llorente.

Poch has said there is no excuse for dip in form simply because there is injury to a few key players. He said their absence is the perfect opportunity for the others to show what they can do by playing in a different way.

On the bench we will likely see a new face or 2. It is highly likely Sterling will get a place on the bench and possibly get his debut in the league if we are winning comfortably and there are injury forced substitution to key players.

A win is now more critical than it has ever been with the likes of the ARSE and ManUre breathing down our neck for 3rd place. Good luck to the lads. COYS!!!