2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] SOU vs TOT [WK 30]

Post by kenmega »

bepanda wrote:I expect them to beat liverpool.
balo wrote:Next PL stop for Spurs. Away to Liverpool. :D
I expect we get beat by Liverpool.
WTF What was Rose doing???
Stupid Levy and Lewis for not spending money. Hope not finishing in the top 4 will kick up their backsides this summer otherwise I expect an exodus 2020.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You have not learns your lesson. All these years? You should never EXPECT anything from Tottenham. Even their fans know not to expect anything from them.

Tottenham is like that child that his parents are just happy that he is attending school. He is so daft that they know not to expect anything. If he “carries” 15th position out of 33 students, they are happy. If he carries 32nd, they understand :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] CHE vs TOT [WK 28]

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:We ain't winning jack with this group.
i have a thread dedicated to this very point
1 week later

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:It is fast becoming a worrying trend that we have yet to score more than one goal since Kane returned. In fact Kane has been the only one scoring since he returned.
Olodo coconut head. I told you before but you dey do strong head ... Oya talk now :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Spurs will be desperate to beat Liverpool. If they can beat Liverpool, maybe they can drag them back into the top 4 fight?
Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:
You have not learns your lesson. All these years? You should never EXPECT anything from Tottenham. Even their fans know not to expect anything from them.
Tottenham is like that child that his parents are just happy that he is attending school. He is so daft that they know not to expect anything. If he “carries” 15th position out of 33 students, they are happy. If he carries 32nd, they understand :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:Spurs will be desperate to beat Liverpool. If they can beat Liverpool, maybe they can drag them back into the top 4 fight?
Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:When you fail to take your chances you live to regret them.

We coming for you Buoyyyy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:

Come :D :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Pa Roachi how bodi? Long time nah :D

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I know. I needed time to repair my gas mask. You know talking to you Anigbelenu, it's a must one must wear one :sneaky: :twisted:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I know. I needed time to repair my gas mask. You know talking to you Anigbelenu, it's a must one must wear one :sneaky: :twisted:

Gas mask? It must be very smelly and toxic in that pit we you dey hide for :woot:

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

With Zidane back at Madrid and Ole remaining at United, poor Pochettino may have to remain at a club where he knows he will never win! Man! I feel sorry for him. He should have demanded the United job in December and jump ship. Poor guy
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Finally Levy delivers the shiny shiny stadium he has promised us :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Stupid Levy and Lewis for not spending money. Hope not finishing in the top 4 will kick up their backsides this summer otherwise I expect an exodus 2020.
If you read the transcript of the Trustee meeting with Levy you will find where Levy said there were funds for transfer in the last 2 windows, the problem was the outgoing transfer deals just did not materialize plus no adequate replacements for any player sold were found. He also said any money realized from the sale of players get added to the kitty. He emphasized that the stadium debt has nothing to do with the amount available for transfer. The one thing though is that he demands the club to integrate more home grown players from the academy to get integrated into the first team as that was an investment the club undertook when they took over the club in 2001.

The 3 key projects the owners undertook to make the club become successful are:

1.Build a world class training facility to develop players in house rather than buy as they didn't consider it to be a long sustaining way to keep the club afloat. In addition to the training facility they recognized the need to build a world class stadium.

2. Move the club from being a perennial underachiever to one that becomes a giant global football club qualifying for Champions League on a regular basis.

3. Win trophies, top of the agenda being Premier League and Champions League. They don't mind the other trophies but their emphasis is on the bigger prizes.

Judging by the template they have bared fort they have successfully achieved 2 out of the 3 agenda. The 3rd is the hardest but if their track record is anything to go by it won't be long before we start doing that.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This season is a write off, IAG. The squad is physically and mentally exhausted with lack of depth crippling us. We have done well so far. All i am doing this season is enjoying the ball.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

At the beginning of the season I commented that Spurs will suffer for the success of our players at the wc. They came back late, no pre season and no rest.
The likes of Don followed the wc with 2 more Asia competition. Lack of rest also meant most of our players took turn to visit the sick bay.

If Sissoko had not come to the fore, we would have suffered greatly. We've overachieved this season, considering we let go players but brought none in. We start paying for the over exertion at the tail end of the season. We are normally a high energy team at seasons end but I see a sluggish team.

Just looking forward to the stadium and hope we get to see CL there next season
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My dear friend PaJimoh. How come I have not seen you in the Arsenal thread in weeks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: Stupid Levy and Lewis for not spending money. Hope not finishing in the top 4 will kick up their backsides this summer otherwise I expect an exodus 2020.
If you read the transcript of the Trustee meeting with Levy you will find where Levy said there were funds for transfer in the last 2 windows, the problem was the outgoing transfer deals just did not materialize plus no adequate replacements for any player sold were found. He also said any money realized from the sale of players get added to the kitty. He emphasized that the stadium debt has nothing to do with the amount available for transfer. The one thing though is that he demands the club to integrate more home grown players from the academy to get integrated into the first team as that was an investment the club undertook when they took over the club in 2001.

1.Build a world class training facility to develop players in house rather than buy as they didn't consider it to be a long sustaining way to keep the club afloat. In addition to the training facility they recognized the need to build a world class stadium.

2. Move the club from being a perennial underachiever to one that becomes a giant global football club qualifying for Champions League on a regular basis.

3. Win trophies, top of the agenda being Premier League and Champions League. They don't mind the other trophies but their emphasis is on the bigger prizes.

Judging by the template they have bared fort they have successfully achieved 2 out of the 3 agenda. The 3rd is the hardest but if their track record is anything to go by it won't be long before we start doing that.
Damn! I thought I was an optimist. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friends always come to see me when they are down with any issue because they see me as the eternal optimist. But IAG, you take the cake. :D

My man, I love your optimism. So much to be optimistic about Spurs, don't be like some of your fellow supporters here, who seem to have given up. You have to believe, this is football.

But I have to say as one who has watched your boys live 3 times this season, your players look shattered. If I were you I will be very concerned for top 4.

Arsenal played the high octane physical game against Spurs, like it happens in derby games, and Spurs handled things in terms of physical effort for about 70 minutes, then your players got tired and hung on for the first two games, but at Wembley, 15 minutes into the game we could tell this was our game.

Your players tried to manage the game by trying to slow it down so as to conserve energy. Our players sensed this and tried to forced the issue. Our Coach took a cautious approach to the game, but our players who came to be on the back foot got on the front foot and physically it was no contest. We all know Arsenal wasted an opportunity for 3 points.

There is no hiding place in this league, teams can see Spurs physical effort has dropped overall, moreover they know the particular players or combination of players most affected and these players plus spaces they leave, are being targeted.

I also think, some of your latest academy products are not yet top quality or just not good enough. Dembele is a huge loss in that midfield and the combination of players playing of recent are not up to it in this league on a consistent basis. Maybe there are, and they are just exhausted.

The international break game at the right time for you guys but, how many players do you have out? You guys needed your players resting and not playing for national teams.

But we have similar problems of a thin squad and the race for top 4 will be decided by who keep their best players on the pitch, not the physio's table.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My dear friend PaJimoh. How come I have not seen you in the Arsenal thread in weeks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt:
I hope you're not suggesting because you win a few games ..... I'm sure with over 600 pages my contribution will not even reach 10 contributions. I occasionally comment on interesting topic and not mainly on your games.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I hope you're not suggesting because you win a few games ..... I'm sure with over 600 pages my contribution will not even reach 10 contributions. I occasionally comment on interesting topic and not mainly on your games.
See wayoman. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me be precise. You almost always pay us a visit to yab us when we lose. You make sure there are supplementary visits also. But of late, you have done a runner. Why? Does 3 league defeats to Burnley, Southamton and Chelsea put a stop to your yabbis and gloating? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! Reading this thread, I observed many of you were certain top 4 was in the bag. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Waffiman[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Damn! I thought I was an optimist. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friends always come to see me when they are down with any issue because they see me as the eternal optimist. But IAG, you take the cake. :D

My man, I love your optimism. So much to be optimistic about Spurs, don't be like some of your fellow supporters here, who seem to have given up. You have to believe, this is football.

But I have to say as one who has watched your boys live 3 times this season, your players look shattered. If I were you I will be very concerned for top 4.

Arsenal played the high octane physical game against Spurs, like it happens in derby games, and Spurs handled things in terms of physical effort for about 70 minutes, then your players got tired and hung on for the first two games, but at Wembley, 15 minutes into the game we could tell this was our game.

Your players tried to manage the game by trying to slow it down so as to conserve energy. Our players sensed this and tried to forced the issue. Our Coach took a cautious approach to the game, but our players who came to be on the back foot got on the front foot and physically it was no contest. We all know Arsenal wasted an opportunity for 3 points.

There is no hiding place in this league, teams can see Spurs physical effort has dropped overall, moreover they know the particular players or combination of players most affected and these players plus spaces they leave, are being targeted.

I also think, some of your latest academy products are not yet top quality or just not good enough. Dembele is a huge loss in that midfield and the combination of players playing of recent are not up to it in this league on a consistent basis. Maybe there are, and they are just exhausted.

The international break game at the right time for you guys but, how many players do you have out? You guys needed your players resting and not playing for national teams.

But we have similar problems of a thin squad and the race for top 4 will be decided by who keep their best players on the pitch, not the physio's table.
Al Waff Man my brother, how for do? Baboon born pikin dem say he ugly, him mama see am and say he fine :mrgreen:.

You made a lot of valid points especially WRT to the NLD. You guys gave us a game that day and it was only through sheer grit that we rescued a point.

On the issue of energy you are right that some of the lads are operating on fumes. They have played so much football this season and it is beginning to tell however the good thing is that some of them have had a forced leave due to injury. About the only player who hasn't had a break is Son. When Dele returned against Southampton he looked like he was back to his brilliant self as he linked up beautifully with Kane and gave Eriksen the freedom to operate upfront without worrying much about his defensive duties. Unfortunately he got tired in the second half and when he got subbed it destabilized our shape. Once Dele gets back to full match fitness Spurs will become more fluid and should start scoring goals on a regular basis.

We have a few challenging run-ins to the end of the season with matches against Pool, City, Spammers and Palace coming up. The boys are determined to put in a massive effort to close the season strong as they are playing for pride. The new stadium is an added incentive for them as they will want to give the fans something to be happy about. The key to top 4 is what our performance will be against Pool. We cannot afford to get beat there. Chelsea is slowly fading out of the picture while ManU is beginning to stumble as the cracks Mourinho had that Sol was able to paper over, are beginning to reappear. Our only concern is you lot as you won't let us hear the last of it if you climb over us.