2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] FUL vs TOT [WK 23]

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote: They are doing all they can to hang on to the runaway two at the top and now have 51 points.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

please rephrase

"they are leading the chasing pack (Chelsea, Arsenal, United) for Top 4"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Cristao II wrote:
kenmega wrote:What a win.
Disgusted with the Spurs fans abusing Winks in the first half.
The ref is a joke.
Still have faith in Llorente but should bring back Janssen.
Pleased for Georges.
Wondering how long Alli is out..
Move on to the next game on Thursday against Chelsea.

THFC 4 LIFE.
Who did is seriously joking? I like his attitude. He doesnt give up. He kept things moving. Bobo is a go getter. Now that Dier is back - he can get back to CM duties.

PS I think he needs a rest. He has racked up some serious minutes this season.

PPS 51 points from 23 games.. Isnt that a record for Spurs this era?
That is the problem with some spurs fans - patience. Winks tried his best in the last few games but he’s no DM. 51 pts is a record for Spurs since the 80s. Same applied for the best away record in the Premier League. We should be fine - can’t see us spending money in this transfer market but we can cope. Shane about the performance today against a poor Fulham side but we got three points
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kenmega wrote:What a win.
Disgusted with the Spurs fans abusing Winks in the first half.
The ref is a joke.
Still have faith in Llorente but should bring back Janssen.
Pleased for Georges.
Wondering how long Alli is out..
Move on to the next game on Thursday against Chelsea.

THFC 4 LIFE.
Faith in Llorente, :lol:.... The only area that lazy bum is good at is in the air, he moves his legs like they have lead tied to them. The last time he had a good season was about 4 seasons ago at Swansea. I wish you guys luck with him. There was a chance he had against United inside the 3 yard box, his leg was so heavy he back passed the ball to De Gea. If you are so close to a keeper and the keeper is still able to cuddle your ball.... The power in those legs should be questioned. :laugh:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Big Andy Carroll.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:Two words. Big Andy Carroll.
One word

"NEVER"

OR

5 words

"NOT IN A MILLION YEARS"
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Dele Alli out till March from news. It seems a number of youth players may get a chance.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Dele Alli out till March from news. It seems a number of youth players may get a chance.
Moura, Kane, Alli, Sissoko and Son all injured or not available. Most will miss semi final and CL games including a tricky FA cup tie away at Crystal Palace. At this crucial stage, this is not good at all.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CC] CHE vs TOT [2 SM]

Post by Its a Goal »

1 step away from final but we are going into the 2nd leg as a massive underdog. We are going into this with so many players down with injury and now having to scrap the bottom of the barrel to find players. Kane out until March, Dele expected early March, Son gone for about 2 more weeks, Sissoko barely making a recovery, while Moura is just about able to get to the field. Chelsea on the other hand are coming into this match off the back of the manager's rollicking and inspired new signing of Higuain. Chelsea will be determined to put an end to the 2 match losing streak by getting a comprehensive win. With Spurs finding it hard to get 11 players on the field this should be a walk in the park for Chelsea except...

...Poch doesn't play dead. He has stated his team has no excuse for a dip in form simply because a few key players are not available. He said their absence should be considered a good thing by those who are trying to break into the team by showing their character and abilities. He said the solution to covering the injuries is not by signing players in the transfer window but rather to have faith in the players who are waiting to be given a chance. This is the mentality that MoPo has been trying to develop over the last 4 years and this is the time to show that his message is getting through. Tomorrow I see a solid team getting deployed to advance to the final to face Man City. I see the following team:

• Llorente
    • Moura * Lamela
      • Eriksen
      • Winks * Dier

Danny * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier
      • Gazzanigga

Poch is a man who gives players chances so long as they give a 110% effort. It doesn't matter that you made a mistake, as long as he is impressed with your overall effort he will be willing to give more chances to help you get it right. This is why Sissoko is the player he is today and I believe that is what he is going to do with Llorente. He is going to start Llorente knowing that he is going to come good sooner rather than later. This match is going to come too soon for Sissoko as he will want to start Dier, who had 20 minutes against Fulham, to continue with this match fitness. Aurier is another player who is trying to get another chance to stake a claim at the RB position. Since Trippier is not exactly showing the form he needs to make that position his permanently then he has left the door open for Aurier to get it.

It is going to be a fascinating match no doubt as both teams have a good chance of winning this match. I believe in the boys and I believe they are going to make us proud. COYS!!!

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Analyzing this game, one would expect Chelsea to carry the day. Too many possible game changers for Spurs are out injured. On a good with Spurs first teamers in place, Chelsea is always a tough nut to crack. Now they must be rubbing their hands and really fancy getting one over Sours.

There's always hope,but that's just the heart talking. As for the head......

I won't be watching but will quietly be hoping..... Miracle time?
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

pajimoh wrote:Analyzing this game, one would expect Chelsea to carry the day. Too many possible game changers for Spurs are out injured. On a good with Spurs first teamers in place, Chelsea is always a tough nut to crack. Now they must be rubbing their hands and really fancy getting one over Sours.

There's always hope,but that's just the heart talking. As for the head......

I won't be watching but will quietly be hoping..... Miracle time?
I have a bottle of miracle water for $5000. But bcos you’re my friend, o se’wo price is $500. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It's a 4-3-2-1 line up. Sissoko is back and will be on the right flank it appears as Lemala will be on the left. Midfield of Dier and Winks means Winks will have a chance to go forward since he has Dier to cover him. Good lineup with game changing bench available.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wherw in USA can i watch it or any online app showing the game.
I th8nk this will be your first trophy for a while.City is beatable and if you guys play chelsea like beloved did last weekend its game over for Chelsea
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

What a goal by Kante.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kante scores for Chelsea
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:Wherw in USA can i watch it or any online app showing the game.
I th8nk this will be your first trophy for a while.City is beatable and if you guys play chelsea like beloved did last weekend its game over for Chelsea

Not in the usa.

If you have Mobdro, Sky Sports Football and Arena Sport 1.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bye bye carabao cuppy
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Ben Davies down injured, Rose warming up
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:Ben Davies down injured, Rose warming up
it's that season :(
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Rose on. Spurs' players dropping like flies
Danny Blanchflower