2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CC] WHU vs TOT [RD 4]

Post by Cristao II »

Been impressed by the young ones tonight ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Oliver Skipp coming on soon... The next product off the Carroll, Winks, Onomah production line...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Son is 100 times better than Lamela.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Son is 100 times better than Lamela.
Bros - Son can be inconsistent oo...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This has been an awesome run out for the squad.
Pretty much every player had either added fitness to get back into contention, or much needed experience for the promising youngsters

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why is the Spurs left wing often isolated?
Even when two players attacked from there with on twos, they were cut off from the rest of the team.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cristao II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Son is 100 times better than Lamela.
Bros - Son can be inconsistent oo...
Absolutely true but compared with Lamela na no contest which is disappointing considering Lamela's talent and the high expectations from the very beginning of his career.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Didn't get to watch the match as it wasn't on any channels here and was at work. From TalkSPORTS commentary it appeared Son, Gazzanigga, Foyth and Winks all had a good game. KWP seemed to have had a hard time containing the force known as Anthonio (why did MoPo put KWP on the RB and Aurier on the LB when Aurier's size would have been suited to deal with Anthonio?). Hopefully the performance was as good as how it was relied on radio and a few of those players made a case for themselves to push to start this weekend.

10 changes and we still won comfortably. Goes to show how much better we are getting with the return to form of some of these players. Hopefully we can start to get a turn in the CL too. On to the goners, aka Woolwich FC, in round 5.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] WOL vs TOT [RD 11]

Post by Its a Goal »

If there is ever a time to play a back 3 in the absence of Jan it is now. Foyth has proven to be a capable CD and needs to be given a chance to play games regularly. However knowing MoPo he is going to revert to what has been working well up to now, which means it will be a central 2 and 2 side backs. The victory on Wednesday has lifted the gloom of recent days. MoPo's assurance of staying to see the project through gives the stability and focus to keep pressing forward. The place for a starting role has just got stiffer with almost everyone fit. Eriksen has to step up likewise Dele and Dembele as the likes of Moura, Winks, Lamela and Son are more than capable of taking their place.

COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele and Dier didn't make math day squad. Sissoko and Winks starts. Eriksen on the bench. Rose and Verts still out injured.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Snap, Dembele is injured and will have to be replaced. Twisted ankle just after 2 minutes.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son on for Dembele. Looks like Dembele might be out for a considerable length of time.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This yeye Wolves they play good football as a team but where individual effort is needed they are found wanting
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with a chance couldn't finish it.

Spurs dictating the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: This yeye Wolves they play good football as a team but where individual effort is needed they are found wanting
Long may it continue cos if they had good individual effort we would have been a goal down with that Son wayward back pass.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

injuries just keeps mounting up. Midfielders taking turns to visit the sick bay. We already have a few defenders lounging there
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We are slow off the blocks.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: injuries just keeps mounting up. Midfielders taking turns to visit the sick bay. We already have a few defenders lounging there
If we see Dembele on the field of play for us the rest of the year it will be a miracle.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen should have come on instead of Son. The team is not balanced in the midfield.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Lamelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pamela Lamelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Mouraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa