2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs BVB [RD 16]

Post by Its a Goal »

I am delighted that ManU won today as that has eased the pressure on the media flogging Poch off to ManU. I also hope he beats Liverpool on Sunday and PSG the Wednesday after as that will solidify his position for the ManU job.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:I am delighted that ManU won today as that has eased the pressure on the media flogging Poch off to ManU. I also hope he beats Liverpool on Sunday and PSG the Wednesday after as that will solidify his position for the ManU job.
Don't really care about United's result. They are not getting Pochettino. It is no longer clear cut that United are a better side in the EPL over the last 5 years.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

On a brighter note, it seems "test events" for the stadium may come on on the 26th & 23rd of March.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We have 22 days off in March. Right after the ARSEs match we will have no footie again for over 3 weeks. Poch said he will take his team for a mini pre-season training.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The media can be a funny bunch. After months of ignoring Spurs' title credentials all of a sudden they have opted to ply pressure on the team by stating we should win the league if both Spurs and ManU win this weekend. They say the title will be ours to lose but one thing they have not factored in is our run in games. We have the most dicey 12 games left. Out of those 12 games to play 4 are with the top 6 of which 3 are away. Out of the 3 away games we lost 2 at home in the first round. Asking Spurs to go on and win all the remaining matches should result go our way this weekend is asking a bit too much.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:The media can be a funny bunch. After months of ignoring Spurs' title credentials all of a sudden they have opted to ply pressure on the team by stating we should win the league if both Spurs and ManU win this weekend. They say the title will be ours to lose but one thing they have not factored in is our run in games. We have the most dicey 12 games left. Out of those 12 games to play 4 are with the top 6 of which 3 are away. Out of the 3 away games we lost 2 at home in the first round. Asking Spurs to go on and win all the remaining matches should result go our way this weekend is asking a bit too much.
Ol boy, leave the pundits. Their coulda woulda shoulda is none of our business. We take each game as it comes.

What if Man City or Liverpool win all their games? Are they not ahead at the moment? Ignore those cretins. They've installed Man City as favorites, long before the season kicked off
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: You want to see progress - Go here http://www.myfootballfacts.co.uk/englan ... oints-won/
Very interesting stat. We have accumulated the most points in the first half of the season and on tract to have the most points in a season. Will that translate to a title? I feel so long as we continue to keep in touching distance to the top 2 we will definitely stand a chance. One game at a time.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] BUR vs TOT [WK 27]

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane back, Dier back, Davies back, Dele close. It is happy days... except we have had 10 days of non-football period. It gives the players a chance to rest but it destabilizes the rhythm of the team's flow. A crucial match to ensure we keep up with the top 2 and continue to keep a distance from the chasing pack trying to nick 3rd.

I'll rest Kane as he is only just returning and start Son and Llorente in his place. If Danny has recovered sufficiently from his illness then I will start him and go for a back 3 but if he isn't then a back 2 with Jan on the LB. My team:

• Llorente
    • Son * Eriksen

Rose * Winks * Sissoko * Aurier
  • Jan * Sanchez * Toby
      • Lloris

COYS!!!

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Kane back, Dier back, Davies back, Dele close. It is happy days... except we have had 10 days of non-football period. It gives the players a chance to rest but it destabilizes the rhythm of the team's flow. A crucial match to ensure we keep up with the top 2 and continue to keep a distance from the chasing pack trying to nick 3rd.

I'll rest Kane as he is only just returning and start Son and Llorente in his place. If Danny has recovered sufficiently from his illness then I will start him and go for a back 3 but if he isn't then a back 2 with Jan on the LB. My team:

• Llorente
    • Son * Eriksen

Rose * Winks * Sissoko * Aurier
  • Jan * Sanchez * Toby
      • Lloris

COYS!!!
TGBATG. COYS.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I am not happy that Kane is starting. He should be on the bench at most.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: I am not happy that Kane is starting. He should be on the bench at most.
Sometimes I think Poch is afraid of Kane. But then who knows, Kane might have shown how extremely sharp he was in training and left Poch no choice but to select him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is 3-4-2-1 formation. Foyth comes in for Sanchez, who didn't even make the bench. Missing as well are Trippier and Dier.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As I thought the opening part of this match shows a bit of rustiness on the lads' play. Pass completion is not great.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Burnley pegging us back in.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The sun seems to be bothering Lloris a bit.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tough nut to crack Burnley. Another late show for Spurs? Lets contain their early exuberance.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane goes for his first attempt. Outside the box but goes wide.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is going to be an interesting selection headache for Poch when Dele finally makes his return. Who gets dropped?

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:It is going to be an interesting selection headache for Poch when Dele finally makes his return. Who gets dropped?
Is there such thing as "good" headache?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Threatening moves inside the Burnley 18 but Spurs can't find the right combination to get a shot on target.