2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs MAN [WK 22]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote:Spurs season about to unravel
How so? We played United off the park but for DeGea it would have been a different result. Some games you lose playing well some games you win playing poorly. Today we have no complaints. The lads gave it their all but it wasn't meant to be.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We did better second half. De Gea played well and it says a lot that he saved more than 6 clear cut chances. We will need to enter the transfer market to find a DM on loan or transfer. We are really short on players and I believe Kane was limping.

This United side was there for the beating. If not for their goalie, this would have been a whitewash.

As for this season, we will do fine.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:This is the defence the special fraud spent valuable time moaning about instead of earning his pay.

don't mind the useless gremlin. I am not a Manure fan, but every fan of EPL likes to see Manure play solid football. One of the richest clubs with the best players should not be playing rubbish football.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:
How so? We played United off the park but for DeGea it would have been a different result. Some games you lose playing well some games you win playing poorly. Today we have no complaints. The lads gave it their all but it wasn't meant to be.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did we watch the same match???

should have been 3-0 at HT but for Martial's profligacy

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:
The injury to Kane... You cannot afford to lose him now. You have lost Sissoko also, hopefully nothing serious.... I am not talking about the game,but loss of key personel
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:This is the defence the special fraud spent valuable time moaning about instead of earning his pay.
ERM their defence wasn't good. If not for De Gea, United were cut open time and time again.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This is the same team that Special Fraud was bitching about like it was Huddersfield... So what did Ole do with the team?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
ERM their defence wasn't good. If not for De Gea, United were cut open time and time again.
And it was Degross who was in Goal when they were shipping in goals. Second clean sheet in a row.... It is improving... Key word improving. Tottenham prior to now have been smoking teams for fun.

That fool brought negativity into his team, rubbished everyone of them and took the joy of playing football out of them. Look at the amount of running the same players are putting into each game.... The Special Fraud shot himself to pieces.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
And it was Degross who was in Goal when they were shipping in goals. Second clean sheet in a row.... It is improving... Key improving. Tottenham prior to now have been smoking teams for fun
Those teams didn't have De Gea. There is a reason he set a personal record for most saves in a match - 11 in this game. The United defence was crappy. Mourinho wasn't wrong on that.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
And it was Degross who was in Goal when they were shipping in goals. Second clean sheet in a row.... It is improving... Key improving. Tottenham prior to now have been smoking teams for fun
Those teams didn't have De Gea. There is a reason he set a personal record for most saves in a match - 11 in this game. The United defence was crappy. Mourinho wasn't wrong on that.
abeg no mind Oloye, anything just to mention Jose

United's defence is a shambles....if your GK is constantly winning MOTM awards, there is a problem

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
You mean it was not Degea that was in goal when United were conceding goals left and right.. Or you did not understand my statement. :lol: Wetin concern other teams

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

United's defence is a shambles....if your GK is constantly winning MOTM awards, there is a problem
2 clean sheets... Yes David De Winch made saves, that is why he is in goal and one of the best in the world.

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Na wa oo! Dean Oloye, it seems an awful long time now you were Chairman of JOMOSA :laugh:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
You mean it was not Degea that was in goal when United were conceding goals left and right.. Or you did not understand my statement. :lol: Wetin concern other teams
Bros there are sometimes even 2 goalies won't help you. Why has DDG been winning Player of the Season? Honestly if this was a non top 6 side, we would call this a smash and grab. Spurs vs DDG not the defence.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
It was not solely about the defence, but then for a coach who parks the bus all the time, his life depends on it. The man was diabolical the way he went about his desire for new defender.. He started sabotaging himself and the team. Evidence playing Herera and Tominay in the defence, that is nothing but sabotage.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Bros there are sometimes even 2 goalies won't help you. Why has DDG been winning Player of the Season? Honestly if this was a non top 6 side, we would call this a smash and grab. Spurs vs DDG not the defence.
And DDG is not part of the defence :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Spurs are getting into their groove and when the team is on this level they are very difficult to beat. All the players are dialed in and want to prove themselves. There is no more room for slackness and therefore they are going to go all out and dominate Man United. United has been in good form of late winning games they are expected to win and doing so with confidence. That confidence is going to brought down to earth as Spurs is the one team that will make life difficult for them.

The first team literally picks itself. Injury to keep players means those who are fit will get the nod. Out injured are Verts, Dier, Rose, Dembele, Wanyama and, to a lesser extent, Moura. We have been coping extremely well without them and it is expected we should be tomorrow as well. Rotation from Tuesday's match means Lloris will play ahead of Gazzanigga, Davies for Danny and possibly Aurier for Trippier. The fab 4 will be as is for the last time for about a month since Son is off to the Asian games after the match. The lineup should be 4-2-3-1:

• Kane
  • Son * Eriksen * Dele
    • Winks * Sissoko

Davies * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier
      • Lloris

This match will either be one where the press is going to go OTT with stories of Ed Woodward plotting to get Poch or Ole getting lauded as the next big thing. Whatever the case is it is going to be a good game.

COYS!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
And DDG is not part of the defence :lol:
No o. he is a groundsman who kept on stopping the ball from entering into United's goal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ukwala wrote:
Na wa oo! Dean Oloye, it seems an awful long time now you were Chairman of JOMOSA :laugh:
Abeg that man fall for my hand with his nonsense :mad:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is why i call them LL

they have all run away

i own your season-long thread for the next few days

wussies

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

The concern is that United's Board will enjoy these performances too much and forget themselves. They need Koulibaly this January and one of Maguire or Aldewereild in the Summer, as well as two CMs, one in January and an "Ndidi" in the summer

The good thing is that United doesnt have to play Tottenham, Chelsea, United and Liverpool every week, and more importantly, their next 4 games are very winable. So, their defence should be able to cruise through those games.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

IAG and pajimoh, how market today. Your useless Totonham team got yanshed at your rented apartment like the shytty team they are... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did we watch the same match???

should have been 3-0 at HT but for Martial's profligacy
IAG is my brother. He finds it difficult to control himself when his CURSED team show themselves for who they are.