2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 2018/2019 Season: [PL] New - Tot [R1]

Post by Cristao II »

Not watching game again but I get the feeling Kane needs to come off.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Son came on for Alli
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Phew
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

phew, Spurs living dangerously
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Luke Amos replaces Eric Dier
Danny Blanchflower
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Luke Ayodele Amos comes on for Dier
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looks like the ref hasnt favoured Spurs with calls on dirty challenges..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Yedlin limps off leaving Newcastle with 10 men having used all their subs
Danny Blanchflower
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Atsu sometimes doesn't use his head
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Piom. Invaluable 3 points for a team with hardly a preseason, no new players and playing away from home. COYS
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Newcastle will not want to play us again. Poch has to be braver to bench Kane.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Congratulation to Dele Amos
Oya back to the matter
open and close
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT Hard fought win for Spurs.
Vertonghen my motm, scored a goal and stopped a goal
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Newcastle will not want to play us again. Poch has to be braver to bench Kane.
Just as he was about to take him off Dier sustained an injury and Luke Amos came on for Dier. Is going to take updates of 3 weeks for them to get sharp.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Belabored win but a win is a win. Well done lads.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Didn't Al Waff Man tell us that this is the same guy that is going to sign for them during the last transfer window :rotf:?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

May not be much but at least it gives us a sense of knowing we can start winning things. Well done to the lads :clap:.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

What trophy is this? :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:What trophy is this? :rotf:

Trophy of champions :D Look at all the clubs that took part. If you're going to participate you might as well win it :taunt:

COYS

tfco in 5,4,3,2,......
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]The YeyeMan[/color] wrote: What trophy is this? :rotf:

Trophy of champions :D Look at all the clubs that took part. If you're going to participate you might as well win it :taunt:

COYS

tfco in 5,4,3,2,......
Abi o. Dem invite efrebodi to play and na only 1 team do better pass the rest :biggrin:.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

COYS - You guys gotta listen to this West Spam fan arguing about their bench to ours. He got owned big time on Talksport radio :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: reminds me of Ayo. all gibberish, no substance :tic: :taunt: :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

^^^I heard it live on Thursday and boy how much did I crack up :rotf:. Spammers are the most delusional set of fans that ever existed.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs FUL [WK 2]

Post by Its a Goal »

After a tormentous week over the uncertainty of the stadium completion, when and where to play City as well as the future of certain players it is nice to be back to doing what we love: beating up the opposition. Getting a full week in between matches would have done some of the players a world of good as some like Kane, Eriksen, Rose and Trippier clearly suffered from the long summer. Also getting to play at "home" helps a great deal as it gives the players confidence to go on the attack. Against Fulham I expect to see the players go all out and attack. Players will be fighting for their shirt as they know there is a great competition for the limited spots especially around the midfield. It is going to be a tactical match since Fulham will try to frustrate us by playing deep and counter attack when the opportunity presents itself. We should try and choke them by scoring early.

On the injury front there is good news. Winks is back to full training while Foyth and Wanyama are back to outdoor training. Moura, Dier and Sissoko all left the pitch last week with suspected injury however they seem to have cleared up.

Poch has a selection headache ahead of him. He has to decide what he wants to do with Toby. It is looking highly likely that he will have sell him but at the same he has to try and keep him happy. Sanchez is good but he is not at Toby's level. Against Fulham Sanchez will be able to hold him his own. Aurier has thrown down the gauntlet to Trippier however despite Aurier's beautiful cross for Dele to score the winner against Newcastle he did not exactly have an excellent game. He was partially responsible for Newcastle's equalizer since he didn't close down the striker and ended up getting a free header. There are youth players who are trying to get their chance. Amos had a decent debut, Walker-Peters is still pushing for a run of games and Georgou is begging to make his league debut.

The lineup I will expect to see tomorrow will be:

• Kane
    • Dele * Eriksen
  • Moura * Dier * Lamela

Davis * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
      • Lloris

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the match in it's entirety but I hope they will make me proud all the same with a wonderful result. COYS!!!