2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs HUD [WK 33]

Post by pajimoh »

COYS, before I'm accused of doing a disappearing act everytime we WIN :tic: I was preparing to follow the game but sleep had other ideas
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I'll say it again, for the return leg, Spurs should stick with:

------------------------Lloris------------------------

--------Sanchez-------Aldeweireld------Vert----------------

--Trippier-------------------------------------Rose---------

-------------Sissoko--------------Winks--------------------

----------------------Erickson---------------------------

--------------Son----------------Lucas------------------

And just pump it up to Lucas to run into.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: I'll say it again, for the return leg, Spurs should stick with:

I am not sure if Poch will return to a 3 at the back. If he doesn't then it will be Llorente upfront as the target man. It is not in his DNA to play too defensively especially at the start of a match.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: I'll say it again, for the return leg, Spurs should stick with:

I am not sure if Poch will return to a 3 at the back. If he doesn't then it will be Llorente upfront as the target man. It is not in his DNA to play too defensively especially at the start of a match.

This was Poch's line-up from the start today---

----------------------------Lloris------------------------

-----------------Foyth-------Sanchez------Vert----------------

--Walker-Peters-------------------------------------Davies---------

----------------Sissoko--------------Wanyama--------------------

-------------------------Erickson---------------------------

-----------------Llorente----------------Lucas------------------

This was against a team that had already been relegated. Is this line up more attacking, or less attacking, than the one I provided?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

This was against a team that had already been relegated. Is this line up more attacking, or less attacking, than the one I provided?

Ogbeni, are you trying to reverse the curse?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Ogbeni, are you trying to reverse the curse?
Cristao has been in too much pain, lately. I just dey try see how we fit help our brother. You know how he gets when Tottenham lets him down. Na weeks and weeks of crying. Abeg! :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Today's lineup had more to do with rotation rather than formation. Against City in the first leg we played 2 CBs. 3-5-2 can be more offensive or defensive than a traditional 4-4-2 it just depends on choice of personnel. The personnel who started today seemed more defensive in nature but once Jan got substituted it became more offensive as Danny is more of a threat going forward than Davies.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Today's lineup had more to do with rotation rather than formation. Against City in the first leg we played 2 CBs. 3-5-2 can be more offensive or defensive than a traditional 4-4-2 it just depends on choice of personnel. The personnel who started today seemed more defensive in nature but once Jan got substituted it became more offensive as Danny is more of a threat going forward than Davies.
So you agree he started more defensive against a relegated team than I suggest he does againt the best team in the league (while leading 1-0)? cool.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: So you agree he started more defensive against a relegated team than I suggest he does againt the best team in the league (while leading 1-0)? cool.
There is no doubt it was more defensive in nature than it needed to be. It wasn't because Poch fared Huddersfield's offensive weapon but rather to give the fringe players a chance to start. Against City it is not going to be this defensive.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: So you agree he started more defensive against a relegated team than I suggest he does againt the best team in the league (while leading 1-0)? cool.
There is no doubt it was more defensive in nature than it needed to be. It wasn't because Poch fared Huddersfield's offensive weapon but rather to give the fringe players a chance to start. Against City it is not going to be this defensive.
That was not my point though. In an earlier post, you claimed that Poch NEVER starts a defensive team. In a later post, you admitted the started defensive.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
There is no doubt it was more defensive in nature than it needed to be. It wasn't because Poch feared Huddersfield's offensive weapon but rather to give the fringe players a chance to start. Against City it is not going to be this defensive.
That was not my point though. In an earlier post, you claimed that Poch NEVER starts a defensive team. In a later post, you admitted the started defensive.
You know what I mean. Today's lineup was a result of squad rotation not choice of tactics. If he had Lamela and Dele available for selection he would have gone with 2 at the back.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Huddersfield..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Bigpokey24[/color] wrote: Huddersfield..
How market today :mrgreen:?

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Update:-

We can no longer be caught by the following 14 sides:-

Watford - gw 33
Wolves - gw 33
Leicester City - gw 32
Everton - gw 32
West Ham - gw 32
Bournemouth - gw 31
Crystal Palace - gw 29
Newcastle United - gw 29
Brighton & Hove - gw 29
Burnley - gw 29
Southampton - gw 27
Cardiff City - gw 27
Fulham - gw 25
Huddersfield Town - gw 24​
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

I Think Chelsea and United will miss out on the CL slot
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Our next 2 games City will be season defining. We advance on Wednesday and it will be boast we need to finish the season stronger including getting a result next Saturday. We lose and it may demoralize the squad.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] MAC vs TOT [QF 2L]

Post by Its a Goal »

We are on the verge of an historic moment in the club's history. We are about 90 minutes away from making the Semi-Finals of the CL for the first time. This is an opportunity that must be seized with both hands and utilized because we just don't know when such opportunity will come again. The lads have to go into this match believing in themselves. They have to think back to the group stages where they had only got 1 point from 6 and everyone had written them off. They can't forget how they went to Camp Nou, facing the might of Barcelona knowing they needed to get a result in order to qualify for the next round and they did it. Nobody gave them a chance against City last week yet they prevailed. Before they said they couldn't cope without Kane but they have shut the doubters up. Now is the time go one step further and show what they are made off.

On the injury front, Dele is back despite fracturing a bone on his arm in 2 different places. He is a soldier and will be determined to make his mark. Winks is still battling a groin injury and may not be available. Out for sure is Kane. Lamela and Aurier are highly likely still out of the tie as they have not trained with the team. Llorente should be fit after the concussion suffered a few weeks back.

Knowing Poch he is not going to line out a highly defensive side instead he is going to go with the team that aligns to his football philosophy. He is going to field a team that is attack minded rather than one that sits back to defend a 1 goal lead. He is going to look to score a goal or 2. I believe he will go with a 4-3-3 side that will comprise of:

• Moura
    • Son * Eriksen
      • Dele
  • Wanyama * Sissoko

Rose * Jan * Toby * Trippier
      • Lloris

The idea is to have quick counter attacks as City will push to attack leaving themselves vulnerable. In Son and Moura we have pacy attackers that can cause their defenders to panic. In Dele, we have someone who can put a shift in the defense to free up Eriksen from dropping too deep. Danny is a tricky wing back that can defend and attack. We have enough weapons to give City a battle on their ground and get a result.

To Dare Is To Do. We can do this and that is because we dare it. Come Spurs. Let's go make history. COYS!!!

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:We are on the verge of an historic moment in the club's history. We are about 90 minutes away from making the Semi-Finals of the CL for the first time. This is an opportunity that must be seized with both hands and utilized because we just don't know when such opportunity will come again. The lads have to go into this match believing in themselves. They have to think back to the group stages where they had only got 1 point from 6 and everyone had written them off. They can't forget how they went to Camp Nou, facing the might of Barcelona knowing they needed to get a result in order to qualify for the next round and they did it. Nobody gave them a chance against City last week yet they prevailed. Before they said they couldn't cope without Kane but they have shut the doubters up. Now is the time go one step further and show what they are made off.

On the injury front, Dele is back despite fracturing a bone on his arm in 2 different places. He is a soldier and will be determined to make his mark. Winks is still battling a groin injury and may not be available. Out for sure is Kane. Lamela and Aurier are highly likely still out of the tie as they have not trained with the team. Llorente should be fit after the concussion suffered a few weeks back.

Knowing Poch he is not going to line out a highly defensive side instead he is going to go with the team that aligns to his football philosophy. He is going to field a team that is attack minded rather than one that sits back to defend a 1 goal lead. He is going to look to score a goal or 2. I believe he will go with a 4-3-3 side that will comprise of:

• Moura
    • Son * Eriksen
      • Dele
  • Wanyama * Sissoko

Rose * Jan * Toby * Trippier
      • Lloris

The idea is to have quick counter attacks as City will push to attack leaving themselves vulnerable. In Son and Moura we have pacy attackers that can cause their defenders to panic. In Dele, we have someone who can put a shift in the defense to free up Eriksen from dropping too deep. Danny is a tricky wing back that can defend and attack. We have enough weapons to give City a battle on their ground and get a result.

To Dare Is To Do. We can do this and that is because we dare it. Come Spurs. Let's go make history. COYS!!!
You do realise Spurs have reached the European Cup semi finals in 1962. Anyway, we should go for the defensive approach in the first half. If it’s 0-0 at half time then we might have a chance to sneak a goal. I hope Eriksen steps up the plate though I still believe he is going this summer. Lloris better concentrate

THFC 4 Life
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kenmega, the CL is considered a new competition just like the Premier League is considered different from the era of the Premiership.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Kenmega, the CL is considered a new competition just like the Premier League is considered different from the era of the Premiership.
Division 1
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

:scared: :scared:

Ederson, Walker, Kompany (c), Laporte, Mendy, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero

COYS,COYS,COYS. TGBATG
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Wanyama, Sissoko; Dele, Eriksen, Son; Lucas Moura.

Winks didn't make it. Our MOM against City in the first leg.