odion igalo remains relevant in se

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
odion igalo remains relevant in se

Post by jette1 »

is not as if we have better strikers lined up to replace him
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: odion igalo remains relevant in se

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kpom! Mugus watch and pick players like they know more than the coach
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Relevant in the South East, yes. If we don't have a striker then stick a midfielder or even a ball boy up front. Nothing worse than a striker that can't score and taking space.
0 goals in the world cup while defenders were scoring. He's done in the SE if we want to progress
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is 29. He is no longer relevant. Only critical players that are nearing 30 should be retained. We can find a younger alternative. He has served the country well. But time to retire from international football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Yes let’s make space for a complete and utter wastepipe. It’s not enough that he single handed cause is to lose against Argentina but let’s invite him back to inflict even more damage to the national team. If Rohlr has any sense he should be looking in a different direction than a striker playing in china
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

We thank him for that goal against Cameroon. Wish him the best on all his future endevours.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Flex Swift wrote:Yes let’s make space for a complete and utter wastepipe. It’s not enough that he single handed cause is to lose against Argentina but let’s invite him back to inflict even more damage to the national team. If Rohlr has any sense he should be looking in a different direction than a striker playing in china
Why are you saying this about MUSA ! Oh ! Wait a minute, what do you mean same thing applies to igalo. So now that musa shot you up you want to switch to igalo

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Relevant for exactly what? It is not as if we don't have enough people to make up the team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

jette1 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Yes let’s make space for a complete and utter wastepipe. It’s not enough that he single handed cause is to lose against Argentina but let’s invite him back to inflict even more damage to the national team. If Rohlr has any sense he should be looking in a different direction than a striker playing in china
Why are you saying this about MUSA ! Oh ! Wait a minute, what do you mean same thing applies to igalo. So now that musa shot you up you want to switch to igalo
You must be confusing me with someone else..... never been a Musa hater ,supported his inclusion to the national team he is a player that has won the league in Russia was top scorer in the 9ja league has euro. Hampikns league experience rep 9ja at the under 20 World Cup performed very has scored in the World Cup.

Now lets review Ighalo : waste pipe at the under 20 fifa World Cup losing to 10 man Germany having not scored a single goal the whole tournament. Helped 9ja to fail to qualify for African Cup of nations.hasnt scored for Nigeria since the first leg against Cameroon. Was has be done club wise one hit wonder at Watford for a single season other season played for Granada now plays in China. How many opportunities should he be given to prove how useless he is?????
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Flex Swift wrote:
jette1 wrote:
You must be confusing me with someone else..... never been a Musa hater ,supported his inclusion to the national team he is a player that has won the league in Russia was top scorer in the 9ja league has euro. Hampikns league experience rep 9ja at the under 20 World Cup performed very has scored in the World Cup.

Now lets review Ighalo : waste pipe at the under 20 fifa World Cup losing to 10 man Germany having not scored a single goal the whole tournament. Helped 9ja to fail to qualify for African Cup of nations.hasnt scored for Nigeria since the first leg against Cameroon. Was has be done club wise one hit wonder at Watford for a single season other season played for Granada now plays in China. How many opportunities should he be given to prove how useless he is?????
so he consciously stirred himself from scoring because he has more to gain from not scoring than he stands to gain when he scores

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

jette1 wrote:is not as if we have better strikers lined up to replace him

Yes, we may not better striker lined up...... but we don't want a toothless one like Odion on our team!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

The howler against the Argies is it for me....... Just like Gov. Fayose..... "I'm in severe pains..... If anything happens to me, Ighalo should be held responsible...."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Undertaker wrote:
jette1 wrote:is not as if we have better strikers lined up to replace him

Yes, we may not better striker lined up...... but we don't want a toothless one like Odion on our team!
'anyi mbekwu' ( consult ohsee for translation) - like you have a say in SE line-up

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is 29. He is no longer relevant. Only critical players that are nearing 30 should be retained. We can find a younger alternative. He has served the country well. But time to retire from international football.
I am NOT for, or against Ighalo, but didn't some say he is doing poor because he is being starved of the ball in our national team? If so, why are we blaming the young man?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mapet wrote:The howler against the Argies is it for me....... Just like Gov. Fayose..... "I'm in severe pains..... If anything happens to me, Ighalo should be held responsible...."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He is 29. He is no longer relevant. Only critical players that are nearing 30 should be retained. We can find a younger alternative. He has served the country well. But time to retire from international football.
I am NOT for, or against Ighalo, but didn't some say he is doing poor because he is being starved of the ball in our national team? If so, why are we blaming the young man?
Leave that one. Ighalo is a terrible striker. Calling him "poor" is injustice to poor strikers.
Ighalo doesn't look like he's been starved. Dem starve him in Watford, in Italy and even in China?

How we can honestly say we have a striker when he scores about every 10 to 12 games is beyond me.

I said before the world cup we cannot rely on Ighalo. We play 3 games and must win at least 2 to progress. If you then have a striker that can go 10 games without scoring then how do you hope to qualify? We were depending on others to do his work for him. Waste of space
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Odas wrote:
Leave that one. Ighalo is a terrible striker. Calling him "poor" is injustice to poor strikers.
Ighalo doesn't look like he's been starved. Dem starve him in Watford, in Italy and even in China?

How we can honestly say we have a striker when he scores about every 10 to 12 games is beyond me.

I said before the world cup we cannot rely on Ighalo. We play 3 games and must win at least 2 to progress. If you then have a striker that can go 10 games without scoring then how do you hope to qualify? We were depending on others to do his work for him. Waste of space
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, bros, I got-it!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The problem with Ighalo isn't just that he is a very poor goal scorer for the SE, he just doesn't contribute to other aspects of the game that can improve goal scoring for the SE. The job of a striker isn't just to score, there are other aspects to his game that can improve the team... Ighalo brings none of this to the team. And biko spare me the rubbish excuse that he gets no service... how much service did Emenike get? That guy knew how to hustle his way to score by any means necessary, heck even the likes of Martins, Aiyegbeni, Ike Uche of recent memory didn't particularly play with a world class midfield, yet they had a decent ratio of goals on their records. Ighalo is just a poor striker, it's just that simple.