Arsenal 0 v Man City 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 0 v Man City 2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:
bk-one wrote:
oloye wrote:This is not about spending,this is about a team that over the years had lost its way and become too comfortable using the words of Sagna. Watch them play ,you see a bunch of Muppets who have lost fire and desire,Muppets who feel the honor of playing for Arsenal is simply to get selected and dance around at the Emirates!

Two players symbolise this most, Ramsey and Xhaka. The rest queue up to outdo those two.

I really wanted to like Xhaka as a player but to be honest yesterday was that day I realized that even at his best he is not Arsenal material( or doesnt suit the league). Yes he was not match fit but a 19 year old had a far much more matured game than him. Torreira who is not match fit and still new to the league did far much better than him.

It says a lot that you are the team's most experienced central midfielder and your new coach will rather play you as a second striker and rather play an inexperienced 19 year old on your position. The earlier Arsenal fans and their hierarchy finally admit that Ramsey just like Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs e.tc represent what Arsenal is trying to move on from, the easier it will be for them to finally accept his limitations as an elite footballer.
The club and Emery will learn the hard way,Chelsea and Manu wanted Ramsey,the club should have ask for Martial for Ramsey from Manu.As for Chelsea they should have ask cash plus that kid that almost retired Belle in the friendly.
Xhaka should have been loan out or sell.Palace wanted him and xhaka want to stay in London,just ask for Zaha and give the cash like 10million.
We need wingers
Yesterday it was Barcelona and today Manchester United/Chelsea.....dude that was just agent talk ....When Ramsey leaves Arsenal he is going to join the likes of Burnley, Everton or West ham.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even me sef no go pick Ramsey for my "choosing" team
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:
oloye wrote:This is not about spending,this is about a team that over the years had lost its way and become too comfortable using the words of Sagna. Watch them play ,you see a bunch of Muppets who have lost fire and desire,Muppets who feel the honor of playing for Arsenal is simply to get selected and dance around at the Emirates!

Two players symbolise this most, Ramsey and Xhaka. The rest queue up to outdo those two.

I really wanted to like Xhaka as a player but to be honest yesterday was that day I realized that even at his best he is not Arsenal material( or doesnt suit the league). Yes he was not match fit but a 19 year old had a far much more matured game than him. Torreira who is not match fit and still new to the league did far much better than him.

It says a lot that you are the team's most experienced central midfielder and your new coach will rather play you as a second striker and rather play an inexperienced 19 year old on your position. The earlier Arsenal fans and their hierarchy finally admit that Ramsey just like Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs e.tc represent what Arsenal is trying to move on from, the easier it will be for them to finally accept his limitations as an elite footballer.

It took a while but finally we have a break through :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Liverpool looks more like the Arsenal team of the early 00 and late 90's. Arsenal has lost its way. We have to take back our club from Kroenke and his collaborators.
I expect them to push City to the brink especially if Sturridge can remain healthy. Hopefully they've sorted out their poor form against lower teams that likely cost them a decent shot at the title last season.

Yes they did spend a lot (especially that fortune on their goalie which imo was too much) but in recent years they've managed to do good business profiting on players like Suarez and Coutinho and spent wisely on players like Salah and Mane. The lies the difference between them and Arsenal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Few questions about the formation I would like to understand..

- Why was were Ozil and Mikhi played on the wings and Ramsey and Xhaka given free roles one to parade to front and the other to the back ?
- Why did a 19 year start ahead of our 20 M man Torreira ?
- Why did Unai leave Mikhi ( and Ozil ) on the pitch with a faster Iwobi on the bench

SO many things just to help me understand the man's coaching philosophy , not trying to abuse anyone o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Waffiman is still waiting for Xhaka to pass to Laca so Aubame Ying yang gooly gooly can score so all the brainless goons on the terraces can shout

XHAKA, LACA BOOM BOOM. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: o waffiman. You're a class act :thumbs:
We did last season at the Emirates, we will this season too. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How about your lilly livered Spuds? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You have won nothing. But it gets better. You lot budgeted £400m for your stadium, you were supposed to move in at the beginning of this season. Your stadium cost are already over one billion pounds and increasing. You are still at Wembley and you lot have no money, with Dembele, Toby and Rose looking to move on. Yet you are trying to take the piss out of Arsenal. Have a look at your club my dear friend. The joke is well and truly on you.
Ahh my friend waffiman, how body. Na wetin I do you? I just commented on ya song, that one na crime? :tic: :lol:

Yes the stadium cost has gone up. Budgets go up if you plan for 12 years to build. I'm also sure you pass by the BEST stadium in the EPL and definitely in London. You noticed it's no longer just a stadium but the biggest club shop in Europe, Ticketing office, renovation of Percy House, redisign of the original proposed stadium to include retractable pitch, two entry points, one for football teams and one for American football teams, different dressing rooms for soccer teams and American football players....... I could go on and on. ;Let me also add - Community Health Center, Hotels .....

In fact let's see how deep ya bad belle goes - what do you think of the stadium and will you be attending when Arsenal visits? :sneaky:
How are you lot going to pay without CL football? :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Few questions about the formation I would like to understand..

- Why was were Ozil and Mikhi played on the wings and Ramsey and Xhaka given free roles one to parade to front and the other to the back ?
- Why did Unai leave Mikhi ( and Ozil ) on the pitch with a faster Iwobi on the bench

SO many things just to help me understand the man's coaching philosophy , not trying to abuse anyone o
From personal opinion, Emery line up was all wrong and it cost us the game
---Xhaka should never have start this game to be honest.
---Mikhi and Ozil one of them should have drop from the team and it was a crime for allowing both finish this game
----He sould have start with 2 striker today as we all see the big different when Laca enter the game.
---Also Auba my guy has not show hunger as other Cf do.He has been piss poor since sign for us.
---Arsenal need wingers to feed Auba,Torreira should have start in place of Xhaka the 19 years old did good in his first game for the club and against the best team in England.Benching Iwobi for this game expose Emery as an ok coach nothing special in him.If he does not wake up he will last just 2 season atmost.I know how badly he did with PSG with world class talent.I mean Monaco win the league in his first season.The is a reason he was let go by PSG,hope he bounce back and pick the right players not name.If Iwobi was white he would have start this game ahead of either Mikhi or Ozil.
Finally Ramsey should have stay all game than Ozil
Last edited by kajifu on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Few questions about the formation I would like to understand..

---Mikhi and Ozil one of them should have drop from the team and it was a crime for allowing both finish this game
----He would have start with 2 striker today as we all see the big different when Laca enter the game.
---Also Auba my guy has not show hunger as other Cf do.He has been piss poor since sign for us.
---Arsenal need wingers to feed Auba,Torreira should have start in place of Xhaka the 19 years old did good in his first game for the club and against the best team in England.Benching Iwobi for this game expose Emery as an ok coach nothing special in him.If he does not wake up he will last just 2 season atmost.I know how badly he did with PSG with world class talent.I mean Monaco win the league in his first season.The is a reason he was let go by PSG,hope he bounce back and pick the right players not name.If Iwobi was white he would have start this game ahead of either Mikhi or Ozil.

You played Man C. Until your team is as packed as MC, don't expect to beat them.
It was Unai's first competitive game, unfortunately it had to be against the best team in the league. It's going to take several games to find balance. Give it time.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

----He sould have start with 2 striker today as we all see the big different when Laca enter the game.

You played Man C. Until your team is as packed as MC, don't expect to beat them.
It was Unai's first competitive game, unfortunately it had to be against the best team in the league. It's going to take several games to find balance. Give it time.
Oga Balo if you check yesterday I did not bother to comment on any game thread just watch the game and no need worry myself.
He will struggle to settle because he allow bad habit.I am one of the people who really want him succeed but he might not do himself a favor if he keep playing guys like xhaka and Ozil.He should have put some players in the market not give them captain.I will relax him may be he does not know Xhaka is waste pipe but trust me expect xhaka and Ozil to start against chelsea
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

----He would have start with 2 striker today as we all see the big different when Laca enter the game.

Man City is beatable with right personal we could have beat them.Their LB was accident waiting to happen.You don't approach such game with short 2 is asking for trouble.
Oga Balo your thoughts on the weekend game against Chelsea vs Belove?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Waffiman is still waiting for Xhaka to pass to Laca so Aubame Ying yang gooly gooly can score so all the brainless goons on the terraces can shout

XHAKA, LACA BOOM BOOM. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: o waffiman. You're a class act :thumbs:
We did last season at the Emirates, we will this season too. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You have won nothing. But it gets better. You lot budgeted £400m for your stadium, you were supposed to move in at the beginning of this season. Your stadium cost are already over one billion pounds and increasing. You are still at Wembley and you lot have no money, with Dembele, Toby and Rose looking to move on. Yet you are trying to take the piss out of Arsenal. Have a look at your club my dear friend. The joke is well and truly on you.
Ahh my friend waffiman, how body. Na wetin I do you? I just commented on ya song, that one na crime? :tic: :lol:

Yes the stadium cost has gone up. Budgets go up if you plan for 12 years to build. I'm also sure you pass by the BEST stadium in the EPL and definitely in London. You noticed it's no longer just a stadium but the biggest club shop in Europe, Ticketing office, renovation of Percy House, redisign of the original proposed stadium to include retractable pitch, two entry points, one for football teams and one for American football teams, different dressing rooms for soccer teams and American football players....... I could go on and on. ;Let me also add - Community Health Center, Hotels .....

In fact let's see how deep ya bad belle goes - what do you think of the stadium and will you be attending when Arsenal visits? :sneaky:
So you think Spurs is in the top 10 of richest club because we've played about 3 seasons of CL football? Abeg make I roll on the floor small :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Oga Balo if you check yesterday I did not bother to comment on any game thread just watch the game and no need worry myself.
He will struggle to settle because he allow bad habit.I am one of the people who really want him succeed but he might not do himself a favor if he keep playing guys like xhaka and Ozil.He should have put some players in the market not give them captain.I will relax him may be he does not know Xhaka is waste pipe but trust me expect xhaka and Ozil to start against chelsea

You don't have Oezil on your team and stick him on the bench. He is/should be the creative force of the team. You need to put enforcers behind him. Torreira is the type of player you need and you got him. He didn't have a full preseason with the rest of the team hence couldn't be risked to start the game.

I expect Arsenal to get better from here on .
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:

So you are saying that all our players that cost/earn a gazillion dollars should be on the bench? Are you saying we are money-miss-road, who spent most of our money on players not worthy of starting, and who gave Sanchez away for Mkhi?

Hmmm, Danfo go soon show up o.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Waffiman wrote:

I of course disagree with simplistic analysis. These so called players you care rubbishing won 3 FA Cups in 5 seasons. They are winners, not Muppets, and if they have lost desire, there is a new man in charge to sort out the wheat from the chaff. The way some of you bang on, you think these players never achieved a thing at the club, the joke is Spuds supporters, their team and club with failure written in their DNA shamelessly try to talk in our business.

Emery needs more time than just one PL game to get 6th placed Arsenal to compete with record breaking champions Manchester City. This is not rocket science, it is common sense. So why do we suddenly have fans trying to second guess the Manager? Drop Mkhi, Cech, Ramsey etc.

I was impressed with so many things about Arsenal yesterday, I left the stadium disappointed because we lost but hopeful and optimistic for the future. For example, it was quite brave of Emery to try and implement his style and structure, especially playing out from the back, against City, considering it was his first game in charge and they are the best team by some distance. Most Managers in that position may have just parked the bus and hoped for the best.

Another brave decision was to play a 19 year old, giving him his debut in such a game. This is indicative of things to come, team strategy going forward will decide which players are needed. Emery has no allegiance to any player, it all comes to how the player fits in his plans and their individual performances.

For me, the let down yesterday were our forwards, they did not offer much in attack and defence. For example, when City pressed, squeezing and blocking passing lanes, you want your forwards to step up and offer options. You have a 19 year old on the ball flapping his hands around asking for movement and options. The forwards must improve or else.

Another thing, offensively they were also poor, there was no coordinated and fluidity in their play. I think Emery made a mistake playing Ramsey in the role he did. It may work against Teams like Bournemouth but not against Fernandinho and City. Another mistake was to play Mikh on the left side, he is no good in that position. It is like playing Iwobi on the right side. Mikh is at his best on the right side. There considerable improvement when he swapped Mikh.

But the main problem was Ramsey in that set up yesterday, what I loved was how Emery was quick to make the change, acknowledging his mistake and the introduction of Lacazette brought about a huge improvement attacking wise.

A key observation I noted, and those who have read my analysis of Emery will know this, is who will be the deeper of the DCMs? Emery usually has at least one DCM drop deep between the CDs when playing out. Emery chose to use the kid for this role, I expected it to be Xhaka. To be fair Xhaka did drop between Mustafi and Bellerin to instigate play at times, but it was the kid who was the main man in this role. For a kid new to the team, this was high risk by Emery and City snuffed out our build up play with their pressing for most of the game but I was highly encouraged and what is to come given time.

Another key observation was when Torreira came on, I observed he replaced the kid in the deep role, whilst the kid pushed higher up. Could this be an indication of future selections? It is obviously too risky to play a recently arrived Torreira and the kid, but I guess they might be Emery first team choice by December.

I noticed Emery's disgust at the final whistle, I bet he is angry at how we lost our shape and structure for the 2nd goal. Prior to this the tactical changes had worked we had City under pressure as we searched for the equalizer but some serious gamesmanship, orchestrated from the bench, made them lose concentration. It proved costly and this part of our game will be sorted. Emery is not a Manager to gamble with open spaces, leaving his team venerable to the counterattack.

We go again next week, our pressing game would unsettle and dismantle most other teams eventually, we saw signs of it. To be fair, we had a press game last season but I noticed significant differences in approach to last season last season. Lacazette was our best presser high up, with Auba looking to feed off scraps, i.e. the 2nd press or ball. With Laca injured, Mikh became the 1st in the press. Yesterday, Ramsey had this job with Ozil detailed to feed off scraps. When Laca came on, he was once again far more effective in the 1st press role and we really should have scored when he allowed Ozil run on to a ball he should have taken control of. It gave the goalie the opportunity to redeem his mistake.

We have a new regime, and we need to be patient, it is why I was so disappointed to hear certain sections of the crowd get so impatient so early with the playing out from the back. I really thought there would be a bit more patience. But I was expecting too much. A managerial change would make ceryain type of people decent people.
Analysis from the Lai Mohammed of Arsenal! Please :roll: :roll: :roll:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

[Arsenal Fans Unimpressed by Midfielder's Performance vs Man City] http://va.newsrepublic.net/s/hQZeys
Guess who?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

So you think Spurs is in the top 10 of richest club because we've played about 3 seasons of CL football? Abeg make I roll on the floor small :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
On the contrary my dear friend. With your stadium costs having spiralled out of control, who is going to pay for it? There was an initial loan agreement of £400m to be paid over a 5 yr period. Now that costs are approaching the one billion mark, how will be paid for? :taunt: :taunt:

Have you read the latest? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2 ... um-update/

Like I always say, it just does not matter how bad things get at Arsenal, the joke is always on Spuds. :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

On the contrary my dear friend. With your stadium costs having spiralled out of control, who is going to pay for it? There was an initial loan agreement of £400m to be paid over a 5 yr period. Now that costs are approaching the one billion mark, how will be paid for? :taunt: :taunt:

Like I always say, it just does not matter how bad things get at Arsenal, the joke is always on Spuds. :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf:

Only goons will be looking at anything about Spurs just to make you feel good about your hopeless situation :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It was only last May we played Man United. Yes it was hoped that we could move in for the first game but building a stadium like this is not a given that everything will go according to time and even budget. Suppliers will have challenges, workers will have challenges and even the weather challenges during the cold snap in England. Even a delay until January can't dampen our enthusiasm about this stadium. Building a stadium in 2 years no be yam.
I'm sure you remember your stadium was delayed for close to 2 years because the source of funding suddenly closed. But eventually you found a new source of funding and continued the project. Now you're here trying to forget your arse whooping at the hands or Man City because our stadium will be delayed for about 4 weeks to 2 months? Try harder :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

:lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.