Musa Scores Winner in His Debut......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa Scores Winner in His Debut......

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:The bredas might not put him in pedalstal but history will surely remember asamoah Gyan as top 5 Africa Greatest World Cup player even greater than drogba, Essien, etoo (just for World Cup) Okocha to me was a great player and an all round world class talent but when it comes to “WORLD CUP” Performance, Ahmed Musa tops him hands down. We shouldn’t let tribalism becloud our judgement and if musa was an Igbo or yoruba Guy, I’m pretty sure he will be touted as One of Nigeria “GOAT”. Do you know how difficult it is to score 4 world class goals at 2 World Cups playing for an average team like Nigeria??? If you don’t know, then ask Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, yekini, aiyegbeni, emenike, martins, osaze, aghawowa, ikbepa, oruma. All these guy couldn’t achieve it at 2 or 3 word cups

Harry Kane is better than Messi then. They both scored 6 WC goals but Kane did it in one WC.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:The bredas might not put him in pedalstal but history will surely remember asamoah Gyan as top 5 Africa Greatest World Cup player even greater than drogba, Essien, etoo (just for World Cup) Okocha to me was a great player and an all round world class talent but when it comes to “WORLD CUP” Performance, Ahmed Musa tops him hands down. We shouldn’t let tribalism becloud our judgement and if musa was an Igbo or yoruba Guy, I’m pretty sure he will be touted as One of Nigeria “GOAT”. Do you know how difficult it is to score 4 world class goals at 2 World Cups playing for an average team like Nigeria??? If you don’t know, then ask Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, yekini, aiyegbeni, emenike, martins, osaze, aghawowa, ikbepa, oruma. All these guy couldn’t achieve it at 2 or 3 word cups

Harry Kane is better than Messi then. They both scored 6 WC goals but Kane did it in one WC.
:laugh:
That was the logic of your country man
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

aruako1 wrote:

:rotf: :clap:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote:Even posting this highlights here is an insult to us. You might as well post Ghana league highlights as well! :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
Oga, why u deh vex nau? After all, Musa and the great Yobo had one thing in common; they both scored at the same World Cup :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :!:

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The Eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Call the Saudi Arabian league a joke, but they do seem to have a well organized structure... look at how neat that field is.
I believe that match was played in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It is not the Saudi league, but the Arab Champions League.
Does not change the fact that they have fantastic pitches over there my brother :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I clearly said in reference to “World Cup” do you really think World Cup should remember Essien, drogba more than Gyan that reformed at 3 World Cups and scored 6 goals. Messi got to the finals and equally scored/performed overall better than Kane so your argument is invalid
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aruako1 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

aruako1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for this. The nonsense that people spew on this forum ehn...
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

And you think my judgement of musa compared to the rest of SE that played at wc is sorely based on goals ?? Everything was considered and when harry Kane can take his team to World Cup finals you can compare. There are 2 types of comparisons 1) best overall player 2) best player site at WC. When it come to the latter, the likes of Gyan, musa will go down as Africa top 5 sorely at wc just because of their overall performance at multiple world cups not just 1 single WC
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:And you think my judgement of musa compared to the rest of SE that played at wc is sorely based on goals ?? Everything was considered and when harry Kane can take his team to World Cup finals you can compare. There are 2 types of comparisons 1) best overall player 2) best player site at WC. When it come to the latter, the likes of Gyan, musa will go down as Africa top 5 sorely at wc just because of their overall performance at multiple world cups not just 1 single WC
Ok. Keisike Honda is greater than Eto. Honda scored his 4 goals over more than 1 world cup. David Vila is better than Messi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:And you think my judgement of musa compared to the rest of SE that played at wc is sorely based on goals ?? Everything was considered and when harry Kane can take his team to World Cup finals you can compare. There are 2 types of comparisons 1) best overall player 2) best player site at WC. When it come to the latter, the likes of Gyan, musa will go down as Africa top 5 sorely at wc just because of their overall performance at multiple world cups not just 1 single WC
In Musa's case it's b/c of performance in a whooping 2 games, 1 of which he lost & second one couldn't get out of the group stage...Gyan is a different level, he was a PK away from Semi Finals, lets please not try and put Musa in the same category, abeg sir!
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Call the Saudi Arabian league a joke, but they do seem to have a well organized structure... look at how neat that field is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: is it neater than fifa video games
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Musa-Gol
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Rawlings wrote:
john12 wrote:World class player doing what he knows how to do best. He might end up being SE greatest player of all time
I agree
why he's playing in an empty stadium beats me
Better than playing on dirt in Kumasi :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Maceo you call his performance and 4 World class goals “merely 2 games” please why didn’t the likes of Kanu, Okocha, yekini, ikpeba, aghawonder, ekoku all score 4 merely world class goals at the World Cup?? They played 2 or 3 World Cups combined and couldn’t score 4 world class goals but the one that did is labeled as “merely 4 goals” okay o. Say no to innate tribalism, nepotism or biased judgement. Like I said, based on Musa performance at two World Cups for us he is presently SE greatest ever “WORLD CUP” player and Africa top 5 ever strictly at WC and can possibly end up being SE GOAT. You really have to be mad, demented, delusional not to label “baby jet” as Africa “WORLD CUP” GOAT. (Strictly World Cup) not overal
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Maceo you call his performance and 4 World class goals “merely 2 games” please why didn’t the likes of Kanu, Okocha, yekini, ikpeba, aghawonder, ekoku all score 4 merely world class goals at the World Cup?? They played 2 or 3 World Cups combined and couldn’t score 4 world class goals but the one that did is labeled as “merely 4 goals” okay o. Say no to innate tribalism, nepotism or biased judgement. Like I said, based on Musa performance at two World Cups for us he is presently SE greatest ever “WORLD CUP” player and Africa top 5 ever strictly at WC and can possibly end up being SE GOAT. You really have to be mad, demented, delusional not to label “baby jet” as Africa “WORLD CUP” GOAT. (Strictly World Cup) not overal
Because progressing in the WC matters more than scoring goals. If someone scores 4 goals but doesn't get out of the first round, you can't say they are just as good as someone who scores 4 to get to the Quarter almost Semi's. Please don't mention Musa in the same paragraph as Gyan, please respect yourself....abeg!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Why can’t musa be compared to GYAN smh what did Gyan achieve for Ghana? Musa achieved locally, internationally, clubsides, and country and you claim he cannot be compared to gyan. My friend keep quiet. Musa is Nigeria greatest World Cup player off all time while gyan is Africa GOAT World Cup if all time. However, musa still has 2 more world cups
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

The Eagle wrote:
I believe that match was played in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It is not the Saudi league, but the Arab Champions League.
where are all the fans? :shock:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Rawlings wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

:laugh:
That was the logic of your country man
Forget Kane,
Miloslav Klose is greater than Messi+Ronaldo, Maradona+Zidane and Pele
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Why can’t musa be compared to GYAN smh what did Gyan achieve for Ghana? Musa achieved locally, internationally, clubsides, and country and you claim he cannot be compared to gyan. My friend keep quiet. Musa is Nigeria greatest World Cup player off all time while gyan is Africa GOAT World Cup if all time. However, musa still has 2 more world cups
Respect yourself abeg...Gyan in the WC even ANC even just NT is better than Musa stars are there...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How manly titles gyan win for club? How many ANC gyan win for Ghana? How many goals gyan score at World Cup? 6 At 3 World Cups and (2) penalties Musa cv is definitely stronger
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Some people in this thread are drunk.

Musa has really managed to shine in the Mundial, which is commendable.

but he is not in Nigeria's top 40 players, talk less of greatest of all time. His record in the Mundial cannot be used to somehow extrapolate his overall quality. That is poor reasoning.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Tbite wrote:Some people in this thread are drunk.

Musa has really managed to shine in the Mundial, which is commendable.

but he is not in Nigeria's top 40 players
, talk less of greatest of all time. His record in the Mundial cannot be used to somehow extrapolate his overall quality. That is poor reasoning.
Put the Stiegl down please.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD