Groeneveld drops Dutch name and now bears Danjuma

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Groeneveld drops Dutch name and now bears Danjuma

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

As the world's largest black nation, no matter how bad things get, we will always be attractive to the rest of humanity. When are the biggest negro country on the planet, you should see it as a calling, a special people and charged with a divine destiny.

Netherlands winger Groeneveld drops his Dutch surname and take on the Nigerian name Danjuma - See more at: https://goo.gl/YejH7G
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Groeneveld drops Dutch name and now bears Danjuma

Post by maceo4 »

Hmmm

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Club Brugge - Arnaut Groeneveld explains why he plays with his striking name 'Danjuma' on his shirt

Arnaut Groeneveld exchanged NEC Nijmegen a few weeks ago for Club Brugge. He will also play football on the shirt with the new Belgian national champion.

Danjuma is on the blue-black suit. "It's my second name, that's my passport," explains Groeneveld at FOX Sports . "A lot of people think it's something new or made up, but it's true, I've deliberately chosen it."

Why that choice? "Many suspect that it has to do with the family, but that is not the case My father is a great man, and the rest of the family too It has been a personal choice, and it is beautiful But it is not as impressive as everyone thinks. " (laughs).

Arnaut Groeneveld has not only changed clubs, but has also changed their names. Danjuma is now on his shirt at Club Brugge.

"Many people think it may have something to do with the family name, but that is not true."

You can see the entire interview here:

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/ ... z5OAtz8rXY

Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld: 'Within three years at Oranje'
31/07/18 at 21:00 - Updated at 21:16
From Sport / Voetbalmagazine of 01/08/18

"He's really good, is not he?" Nothing but praise from Nijmegen for Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld, the new left winger of Club Brugge. A portrait.

A rnaut Danjuma Groeneveld, that's his name, the successor of Anthony Limbombe at Club Brugge. Born January 31, 1997 in Lagos, Nigeria, as the son of a Nigerian mother and a Dutch father. His Dutch father, now 71, worked as a dredger for Boskalis, and is now separated from his mother. Arnaut's second name, Danjuma, refers to his roots. Literally it means "born on Friday." That he is going through life at Club Brugge as Arnaut Danjuma, we do not have to find out too much, he told a curious reporter from Fox Sports who walked past the Club Brugge practice camp. His father is and remains a great man in his life, it is just 'a personal opinion.' Groeneveld: 'The name is also just on my passport.'.................................

https://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/vo ... 79461.html
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is useless :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

iworo wrote:Club Brugge - Arnaut Groeneveld explains why he plays with his striking name 'Danjuma' on his shirt

Arnaut Groeneveld exchanged NEC Nijmegen a few weeks ago for Club Brugge. He will also play football on the shirt with the new Belgian national champion.

Danjuma is on the blue-black suit. "It's my second name, that's my passport," explains Groeneveld at FOX Sports . "A lot of people think it's something new or made up, but it's true, I've deliberately chosen it."

Why that choice? "Many suspect that it has to do with the family, but that is not the case My father is a great man, and the rest of the family too It has been a personal choice, and it is beautiful But it is not as impressive as everyone thinks. " (laughs).

Arnaut Groeneveld has not only changed clubs, but has also changed their names. Danjuma is now on his shirt at Club Brugge.

"Many people think it may have something to do with the family name, but that is not true."

You can see the entire interview here:

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/ ... z5OAtz8rXY

Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld: 'Within three years at Oranje'
31/07/18 at 21:00 - Updated at 21:16
From Sport / Voetbalmagazine of 01/08/18

"He's really good, is not he?" Nothing but praise from Nijmegen for Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld, the new left winger of Club Brugge. A portrait.

A rnaut Danjuma Groeneveld, that's his name, the successor of Anthony Limbombe at Club Brugge. Born January 31, 1997 in Lagos, Nigeria, as the son of a Nigerian mother and a Dutch father. His Dutch father, now 71, worked as a dredger for Boskalis, and is now separated from his mother. Arnaut's second name, Danjuma, refers to his roots. Literally it means "born on Friday." That he is going through life at Club Brugge as Arnaut Danjuma, we do not have to find out too much, he told a curious reporter from Fox Sports who walked past the Club Brugge practice camp. His father is and remains a great man in his life, it is just 'a personal opinion.' Groeneveld: 'The name is also just on my passport.'.................................

https://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/vo ... 79461.html
Thanks for posting a more reliable source.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

maceo4 wrote:Hmmm

[/video]
Are these are 2nd division teams?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote:

[/video]
Yea Netherlands 2nd division, but he actually plays like a natural winger running with the ball beating players and whipping in crosses. He should be watched as he’s in Club Brugge now in the first division...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

[/video]
Yea Netherlands 2nd division, but he actually plays like a natural winger running with the ball beating players and whipping in crosses. He should be watched as he’s in Club Brugge now in the first division...
He already has 2 goals in 3 matches.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

[/video]
He already has 2 goals in 3 matches.
I was about to post this. Surely one to look out for.
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma ( The Nigerian Robben) : Time To Become An Eagle

2 seasons back Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi then at Dutch side NEC Nijmegen spoke of a precarious Nigerian talent playing on the same team with him named Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma

Not many paid attention

Skip forward and the entire footballing world is now watching with rapt attention as Danjuma now with Club Brugge in Belgium announced himself to the world in electrifying fashion . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/arnaut-gr ... ome-eagle/
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Has Danjuma himself ever said he wanted to play for SE or even hinted at it ?

Because from all of these articles I have seen about him, he simply changed his name, and people are then running with that to mean he wants to play for SE.

I haven't seen him once speak of it at all. I mean he should definately be courted he looks pretty decent, but what has he said himself.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:Has Danjuma himself ever said he wanted to play for SE or even hinted at it ?

Because from all of these articles I have seen about him, he simply changed his name, and people are then running with that to mean he wants to play for SE.

I haven't seen him once speak of it at all. I mean he should definately be courted he looks pretty decent, but what has he said himself.
As they always do,Nigerians never learn,let the player express his desire to play for Nigeria or at least be on the radar,all this premature ejaculation is cringe worthy.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Not quick enough.....just kidding
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!