Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:

Mikel next? if so, the bobo has tried enough for his country.

As for Moses, thank you to him for his service. At times, he played as if he owed us a favor. Good luck to him at his club. I will always support him and hope he breaks into the team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olumide wrote:
He will be missed. Thinking back, a lot of the best moments for SE over the past five years or so have heavily involved Moses.
Victor was a great SE and will be missed. I thank him for his service and wish him the best in his club career.

He is 27 but has achieved all there is to achieve with Nigeria, unless we believe the delusional fans that think we will win the next WC with a bunch of barely average players. The only thing Victor will gain by continuing with Nigeeia is more abuse like those posted by ingrates above.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:

I see Iwobi not necessarily retiring but making excuses and not honoring invitations.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Could this result to another ANC miss? Hmm...Vic Mo has done well. It takes a lot to quit a national team. He's thought it through. Damn I like the guy!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Retiring at 27!!! This is really disappointing as he will be missed. My thought is that come next world cup he will be asking to play...
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:He is 27 but has achieved all there is to achieve with Nigeria, unless we believe the delusional fans that think we will win the next WC with a bunch of barely average players.
How about a second ANC trophy? Something no Nigerian has achieved.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

bushboy wrote:Good Riddance!! We are still living on the memories of Moses from 2013. He has been very poor in the last 5 years. He can go. We have a lot of talent in his position. He will NOT be missed.
Just STFU.....silly gas head :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:urther, was he always comfortable being among his SE colleagues? Just asking?
Good question...

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised by this. On the flip side, it'll give Rohr another excuse as we've lost an experienced player. :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Obong wrote:Wow. Rohr needs to earn his keep and convince Moses to rescind the decision. I'm trying to imagine the team without Moses in World Cup qualifying and at the World Cup itself. Pedestrian.
...think we can send Bini witches to him in the middle of the night for a little..umm..."convincement"? :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

heavyd wrote:The Victor Moses at the last World Cup will not be missed. The Moses of ANC 2013 and the qualifies will be. I have a feeling he may have been lent on by his club. If he is big enough to stand up to them then good riddance. Time for the NFF to go and get the likes of Ademola Lookman and Ovie Ejaria and for the likes of Moses Simon to step up.

Good luck to the lad.
Nonsense post.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Good Obi Mikel is next. Give room to young lads like Onyekuru to make their mark. Onyekuru is too talented than Moses.
Another nonsense post.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:
olumide wrote:
He will be missed. Thinking back, a lot of the best moments for SE over the past five years or so have heavily involved Moses.
Victor was a great SE and will be missed. I thank him for his service and wish him the best in his club career.

He is 27 but has achieved all there is to achieve with Nigeria, unless we believe the delusional fans that think we will win the next WC with a bunch of barely average players. The only thing Victor will gain by continuing with Nigeeia is more abuse like those posted by ingrates above.
Kpom :clap:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:urther, was he always comfortable being among his SE colleagues? Just asking?
Good question...

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised by this. On the flip side, it'll give Rohr another excuse as we've lost an experienced player. :roll:
:lol: :bump: :mrgreen:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Loosing VicMo will hurt, but we have depth at his position, so I am not too concerned.
I wish him good luck with his career. I will always be a fan!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
olumide wrote:

KPOM!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:
olumide wrote:

KPOM!
I don't know why you KPOm the post uncle,with good coach this team can win it in the middle east.France 4 years ago could not even beat SE clearly if not for the American cheat ref and today they are world champs.Never say never you have play the game so am a bit surprise you don't believe in this team 4 years from today
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Well done son.....................Enjoy your career in peace :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:to be frank, he was a big dissapointment at the WC. He has not been playing well for a while. He is super talented but it seems like he just was not in it for quite some time.

This may be a blessing in disguise.
To be frank, you are a big disgrace on CE :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Apparently, he had a falling out with Rohr at the WC and initially refused to play at wing-back until he was prevailed by Kinnock and Kanu among others.
He was unlikely to be invited to the SE as long as Rohr remains the coach, so he pre-empted the coach.
LOC knows what he's talking about with his tweet.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If that’s true then na wa oh. You refused to play RWB in a single game a position you play numerous times at clubsides I hope it’s untrue
TheTactician
Egg
Egg

Post by TheTactician »

Dammy wrote:Apparently, he had a falling out with Rohr at the WC and initially refused to play at wing-back until he was prevailed by Kinnock and Kanu among others.
He was unlikely to be invited to the SE as long as Rohr remains the coach, so he pre-empted the coach.
If that is the case, good. Let him, Mikel and the other "Big Men" hurry up and retire. A ship can only have one captain and nobody is above the coach. It's only in some african teams that players will be bringing their bigmanism to the country. Who is better, Moses or Ashley Young? Imo, Ashley yet he plays where he's told to play. For all the sir's and ma's we as nigerians tend to do, we seem to have a real lack of respect for authority. This goes along with a very selfish nature that is seen in several players in the team. We need to eradicate such behavior from the national team and I don't care if it costs us qualification at the next world cup. It will be better in the long run. The team comes first and everybody needs to understand that fact. So many times in the world cup, we saw selfish plays from the Nigerian team because players placed themselves ahead of the team. If the coach tells you to play left bench, go sit and warm that bench as best as you can. It's the NFF's job to select the best coach possible(another discussion on it's own). It's the coaches job to prepare the plan for each match(another discussion on it's own). It's the players job to execute the plan as a unit.

We always marvel the way teams like Spain play or teams like Barca play. Are those on those teams not good enough technically to go for glory themselves? Of course they are. The thing that separates them from other players other than technical ability is their high football IQ. Their decisions on when selfish and when to be selfless often aligns with the teams interest. Instead on Nigeria, we have guys like Ighalo cutting grass like he's a grass cutter and ignoring better options on the pitch.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:Apparently, he had a falling out with Rohr at the WC and initially refused to play at wing-back until he was prevailed by Kinnock and Kanu among others.

So he is a "bigman" who does not play for the team in the formation the coach sees fit.

Did he tell his boss at Chelsea that he did not want to play at right wing back.

I think the guy is a spoiled brat. I hope I'm wrong but that seems the truth to me.