Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Post by metalalloy »

lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:
lekanlij wrote:Same about Moses - since retiring from Nigeria he doesn't seem able to get in either 1st or 2nd Chelsea team squad. Hopefully, he moves on from Chelsea in January to where he can play often or he experiences a change of future in Chelsea.

Definitely he couldn't have become a bad player over a few months - the only regular member of the Chelsea first last year not to be in either 1st or 2nd squad - I smell a rat and he might have been treated unfairly!! Keep your head up Victor Moses!!

A system change at Chelsea is to blame here. He was so good playing the RWB that first season of Conte. His stats as a winger aren't as good for a top club, and Sarri seems to think he fits the role of a RWB better.

He needs to work on a lot of things as he moves away from Chelsea.
He can't be that bad - how can a first team regular just last season not be in the top 35 players the next season because of formation change. Is Alonso a full back or wing back? Watch how Chelsea play now and am not sure that Alonso's role has changed much from last season. I can understand if Moses was drop for Azpicuerta but not making first team and second team squad is scandalous.

Moses might not be playing for us anymore but we should still be sticking up for him - even Hudson-Odoi gets a nod before him. An upcoming player before a tried and tested world cup competitor and critical member of EPL team? Emerson & Ampadu for example get more of a look in IMO than Moses. Infact the only first teamer in Chelsea Moses is slightly better than atm is Drinkwater!

Something is amiss and Moses should know our support even though he's retired from playing for us!
Didn't the something similar happen to David Luiz and Willian after Conte arrived? Coaches have their preferred systems and preferred players. Moses isnt one for Sarri.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

balo wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:
lekanlij wrote:Same about Moses - since retiring from Nigeria he doesn't seem able to get in either 1st or 2nd Chelsea team squad. Hopefully, he moves on from Chelsea in January to where he can play often or he experiences a change of future in Chelsea.

Definitely he couldn't have become a bad player over a few months - the only regular member of the Chelsea first last year not to be in either 1st or 2nd squad - I smell a rat and he might have been treated unfairly!! Keep your head up Victor Moses!!

A system change at Chelsea is to blame here. He was so good playing the RWB that first season of Conte. His stats as a winger aren't as good for a top club, and Sarri seems to think he fits the role of a RWB better.

He needs to work on a lot of things as he moves away from Chelsea.
He can't be that bad - how can a first team regular just last season not be in the top 35 players the next season because of formation change. Is Alonso a full back or wing back? Watch how Chelsea play now and am not sure that Alonso's role has changed much from last season. I can understand if Moses was drop for Azpicuerta but not making first team and second team squad is scandalous.

Moses might not be playing for us anymore but we should still be sticking up for him - even Hudson-Odoi gets a nod before him. An upcoming player before a tried and tested world cup competitor and critical member of EPL team? Emerson & Ampadu for example get more of a look in IMO than Moses. Infact the only first teamer in Chelsea Moses is slightly better than atm is Drinkwater!

Something is amiss and Moses should know our support even though he's retired from playing for us!

Moses WILL ALWAYS get my support. I was only letting you know what is happening at Chelsea. Before Odoi started getting the nod, Moses was ahead of him until Moses, allegedly, had that chat with Sarri and was told he wasn't in his plans. Before then, he had a few runs in which he didn't show much interest.

There are lots of players, and lots of games. When you are given a chance, however little that chance is, you have to will yourself to impress. Moses did not.
Morata was stinking up the joint, yet he gets the nod because Chelsea doesn't have that many strikers. They have many wingers ahead of Moses. Willian (I don't understand why Moses couldn't push to steal Willian's spot because Willian hasn't been exemplary), Hazard, Pedro, Moses, Odoi. 3 Wingers ahead of Moses. Only 2 can play atthe same time. Odoi had one start, he scored and had an assist. (That's taking your chances). But watch what happened the next EPL game, Odoi got dropped for the more established wingers.

It is what it is. Moses must rediscover the joy of playing soccer.
Good points.

Moses didn't acquit himself well at the World Cup where Sari and many other coaches were watching.
So, when he went back to Chelsea, he had to show a better side of his game but probably did not.

Few coaches at the top level have the time or patience to "fix" Moses' glaring dumb mistakes at the WC.Maybe Pep Guardiola or Klopp.
Rohr could have helped a bit, but the lad quit the NT. Another dumb move! VM needs better advisers.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marko wrote:Playing within an incompetent organization can force players to do the unthinkable
Assuming that’s at play here which it clearly it isn’t.

NFF has nothing to do with Moses retiring so feel free to look elsewhere. It’s not hard to figure out.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Balo abeg go siddon.. the truth is Moses isn't in Sarri's plan .. similar to Mikel and Conte.. once you aren't in a manager's plan , no matter how hard you try it aint going to work.. Musa for example wasn't played at Leicester, but when Worlcup start, bobo was our best player. i hope Vic Mo leaves out on loan.... Sarri will be gone soon... After City waya am out of top 4 come saturday then we go know.. even with so many games this month, bobo will not select Moses... perform or no perform e no matter
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Balo abeg go siddon.. the truth is Moses isn't in Sarri's plan .. similar to Mikel and Conte.. once you aren't in a manager's plan , no matter how hard you try it aint going to work.. Musa for example wasn't played at Leicester, but when Worlcup start, bobo was our best player. i hope Vic Mo leaves out on loan.... Sarri will be gone soon... After City waya am out of top 4 come saturday then we go know.. even with so many games this month, bobo will not select Moses... perform or no perform e no matter
Pokey, he told him he wasn't in his plans AFTER he gave him PT to show what he's got and Moses was disinterested in those games...unlike Conte who didn't even give Mikel a chance...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Balo abeg go siddon.. the truth is Moses isn't in Sarri's plan .. similar to Mikel and Conte.. once you aren't in a manager's plan , no matter how hard you try it aint going to work.. Musa for example wasn't played at Leicester, but when Worlcup start, bobo was our best player. i hope Vic Mo leaves out on loan.... Sarri will be gone soon... After City waya am out of top 4 come saturday then we go know.. even with so many games this month, bobo will not select Moses... perform or no perform e no matter
Pokey, he told him he wasn't in his plans AFTER he gave him PT to show what he's got and Moses was disinterested in those games...unlike Conte who didn't even give Mikel a chance...
stop making stuff up..haba :lol: :lol: :lol: anyways, Sarri has been found out... City up next, lose to spurs, lose to Wolves and willmos def lose to City.. 3 loses in the trot next...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
stop making stuff up..haba :lol: :lol: :lol: anyways, Sarri has been found out... City up next, lose to spurs, lose to Wolves and willmos def lose to City.. 3 loses in the trot next...
You have other facts then post them or please shaaaaaarrrrraaaaaaappppp....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!