Nigeria 1 v Spain 2 game thread and links

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 1 v Spain 2 game thread and links

Post by mcal »

...the heart was their to play but the brains lack the coordination. The pressing was too much.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Btw who won second half?
How many shots on goal did Spain have in the second half?

If u no see the obvious answers to above questions then colomentality don blind you.

Cmoke
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ojafranpa wrote:Nigeria should scrap all this women tournament. They can't even move.
...how else will the ogas at the top chop :biggrin:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Thunder wrote:
tmex12 wrote:The Nigerian girls are not bad at all. Spain is a top side and they are holding their own
If only we can be a little bit more technical, we'll be world beaters.
To be considered good you have to be at of the good ones in the world. Spain did it by learning to play the good way from childhood.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Oguleftie wrote:
Thunder wrote:
tmex12 wrote:The Nigerian girls are not bad at all. Spain is a top side and they are holding their own
To be considered good you have to be at of the good ones in the world. Spain did it by learning to play the good way from childhood.
who is this jewman
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Thunder wrote:
who is this jewman
Thanks to Spain and Japan the womens game is going the right way.
Those are the jewwomen.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

mcal wrote:...the heart was their to play but the brains lack the coordination. The pressing was too much.
Easy tiger, what has brains got to do with it, this is how you guys absorb some of the crap spouted about Africans about lack of brains to play the game
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

akamoke wrote:
mcal wrote:...the heart was their to play but the brains lack the coordination. The pressing was too much.
Easy tiger, what has brains got to do with it, this is how you guys absorb some of the crap spouted about Africans about lack of brains to play the game
...abeg help me, i no sabi another word to use o.
The girls were fit and full of running a prerequisite for football, one ingredient was lacking :???:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damn! I missed the game
Last edited by Odas on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WATCHED THE MATCH, EASY TO ANALYZE

In the first half, the Nigerian girls couldn't string passes and it contrasted clearly with the Spaniards' possession football style. It got better in the 2nd half but it still wasn't good enough. Either they weren't coached to play that way, or the Spaniards made it impossible to. This is something the coach needs to emphasize in future trainings. I like their speed, tirelessness, determination and strength but sometimes those should be traded for a more deliberate style so those qualities are not exploited and used against them by the opponents as the girls from Spain did.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:WATCHED THE MATCH, EASY TO ANALYZE

In the first half, the Nigerian girls couldn't string passes and it contrasted clearly with the Spaniards' possession football style. It got better in the 2nd half but it still wasn't good enough. Either they weren't coached to play that way, or the Spaniards made it impossible to. This is something the coach needs to emphasize in future trainings. I like their speed, tirelessness, determination and strength but sometimes those should be traded for a more deliberate style so those qualities are not exploited and used against them by the opponents as the girls from Spain did.
Bell
More important than the result, are there any genuine stars in the making in the team?
This is the whole point of these age-grade tournaments and not to simply win a trophy. That's just the incentive, not the end in itself.

I know the keeper is probably the best female keeper I have seen in decades, senior or junior. Surely, she is the next national keeper. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not too sure about Rasheedat Ajibade who I once thought was the next Oshoala, but now I'm not so sure.

Our female senior team is stuffed with quality so these ones need to be exceptional to push them out....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The whole essence of the tournament is to develop and nurture talents. That keeper should be promoted straight to the Falcons team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:The whole essence of the tournament is to develop and nurture talents. That keeper should be promoted straight to the Falcons team.
She is really special.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

You people should be following women's football closely.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:WATCHED THE MATCH, EASY TO ANALYZE

Bell
More important than the result, are there any genuine stars in the making in the team?
This is the whole point of these age-grade tournaments and not to simply win a trophy. That's just the incentive, not the end in itself.

I know the keeper is probably the best female keeper I have seen in decades, senior or junior. Surely, she is the next national keeper. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not too sure about Rasheedat Ajibade who I once thought was the next Oshoala, but now I'm not so sure.

Our female senior team is stuffed with quality so these ones need to be exceptional to push them out....

IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO FOCUS ON INDIVIDUAL ABILITIES BECAUSE...

...their tactical deficiency stood out too well. Even then I saw enough to believe that individual talents (including Ajibade) could exist within the team. But they'll need coaching that can refine their skills, and instill more strategy and less reliance on brawn - I'm not sure Chris Musa is the one. Now, again, Nigeria being Nigeria, one unfortunately has to ask if there are other ages besides the official ones.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ON FIFA, WHEN I THINK OF IT...

...other than Japan, Nigeria and N/Korea, all the other quarter-finalists are Europeans, within walking distance of the tournament site on a pleasant day. No N/America, S/America or Asia. Even though, there may be cultural and historical reasons why this may be the case in this tournament, a look at world football (regardless of gender or age) shows uneven development that is damaging to its growth. The current make up of FUFA hierarchy, being European, cannot be trusted to be sensitive to this situation. Even the non-Europeans probably do not think outside the box enough and are more than willing to accept the current order of things. I think the FIFA's leadership should emphasize independent thinkers from countries that are not part of soccer's center of gravity, W/Europe.
Bell
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bell wrote:ON FIFA, WHEN I THINK OF IT...

...other than Japan, Nigeria and N/Korea, all the other quarter-finalists are Europeans, within walking distance of the tournament site on a pleasant day. No N/America, S/America or Asia. Even though, there may be cultural and historical reasons why this may be the case in this tournament, a look at world football (regardless of gender or age) shows uneven development that is damaging to its growth. The current make up of FUFA hierarchy, being European, cannot be trusted to be sensitive to this situation. Even the non-Europeans probably do not think outside the box enough and are more than willing to accept the current order of things. I think the FIFA's leadership should emphasize independent thinkers from countries that are not part of soccer's center of gravity, W/Europe.
Bell
Dude you project too much victim mentality

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

jette1 wrote:

Bell

I think you missed his point.

He is making the case for greater diversity in football as being the best way to sustain this global sport longterm. If the game is over dominated by European teams, then it means FIFA is not doing enough to develop the game in other regions, and football is not benefiting from greater cultural diversity.

All valid points to be considered.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

charlie wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Bell

He is making the case for greater diversity in football as being the best way to sustain this global sport longterm. If the game is over dominated by European teams, then it means FIFA is not doing enough to develop the game in other regions, and football is not benefiting from greater cultural diversity.

THANK YOU, SIR...

...people like you make it worth posting here.
Bell
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Bell

only if you knew where Im coming from