What’s up with Osihmen?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
What’s up with Osihmen?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He has been turned down by 2 Belgian clubs after loan trials from Wolfsburg. This is really concerning, why is he having trials at Zulte Waregem coming from Wolfsburg? Are they asking too much money for loan fee or is the boy just worth the money? Haba.....
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: What’s up with Osihmen?

Post by Obong »

And Club Brugge have turned him down too!

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/16/c ... fter-tria/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong wrote:And Club Brugge have turned him down too!

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/16/c ... fter-tria/
Damn man... :ohmy: :blushing:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

We can be honest. Maybe the kid isn't good enough. He was lights out at U-17 level. He was put into the Bundesliga system that is great at teaching fundamentals and developing youth. He even got a few games with the first team. But has he shown anything since 2015?
He reminds me of the Ivorian kid who scored some incredible goals at the U-17 and was quickly signed by spurs. Where is he today? Sometimes the transition from youth to pro can be very cruel!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Injuries - he is too lightweight and will come good once his body adjusts properly.... I no wan wish am bad luck but he better not turn to another Obasi :(

I think Success also had similar issues ( plus the rumours of Rum and Babes lol )....
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Injuries - he is too lightweight and will come good once his body adjusts properly.... I no wan wish am bad luck but he better not turn to another Obasi :(

I think Success also had similar issues ( plus the rumours of Rum and Babes lol )....
Obasi is still playing, he had a good career, yes injuries played a part but when he was fit he played in the bundesliga and was at one point on par with the likes of Ribery, this kid seems to not be good enough to even play and its not an injury issue.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

maceo4 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Injuries - he is too lightweight and will come good once his body adjusts properly.... I no wan wish am bad luck but he better not turn to another Obasi :(

Obasi is still playing, he had a good career, yes injuries played a part but when he was fit he played in the bundesliga and was at one point on par with the likes of Ribery, this kid seems to not be good enough to even play and its not an injury issue.
See below for a young player trying to bust into any stacked team - 306 Days of Injuries between 2016 - 2018 no be joke ( but hey its my opinion wetin I sabi )...

Obasi was having injuries after he had gone to the WC and got his pedigree established and it STILL affected his career. ..so put that in perspective ..

Games missed
17/18 Shoulder injury Apr 27, 2018 Jul 15, 2018 79 days 5VfL Wolfsburg
17/18 Shoulder injury Apr 26, 2018 May 31, 2018 35 days 5VfL Wolfsburg
17/18 Calf Problems Feb 26, 2018 Mar 12, 2018 14 days 2VfL Wolfsburg
16/17 Meniscus injur Nov 7, 2016 May 4, 2017 178 days ?

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Btw Sadiq and Nura also had these injury issues ( Nura still has ) but Sadiq seems to have finally broken the Jinx..now hopefully he stays healthy in Rangers.

Sometimes its also the choice of league and club ... He has had 4 coaches in 1 year.

...Socrates
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I am coming round to the fact that football is a very competitive environment at professional level.

You can be in the right environment and not make it.

If ever you know of an African performing at any European club, they deserve their props.

He may turn up later like Jamie Vardy but he will have to be very very determined. No one will give it to him on a platter.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:I am coming round to the fact that football is a very competitive environment at professional level.

If ever you know of an African performing at any European club, they deserve their props.

He may turn up later like Jamie Vardy but he will have to be very very determined. No one will give it to him on a platter.
My broda , it is a bloody jungle. When you see those who make it to the top you have to give them their accolades. There are millions daily trying to fill the position open to a few hundreds. Every week when i take my kids for football i see brilliant and talented kids that i immediately feel are good enough to go ahead...then i pause to take a bigger picture of kids doing this all over the world, just how many of them? If i think the one in front of me is good , have i seen his counterpart in some corners of Belgium or Italy or Spain?

Secondly some of the forms we tend to see during the U-17 tournaments or major tournaments cannot be sustained over a long period. The form is usually associated with long time spent together in camp, the focus and concentration demanded is a span of 3-4 weeks.

Very few players can sustain that level of concentration for longer spells, so when such enter an environment where competition is tough, they easily give up. Osimeh scored a lot of goals during the U-17, but there is something about his game that does not seem right to me. But i was hoping under the right condition and platform he would thrive. I am surprise that after the years in Wolfsburg, kwe kwe teams in Belgium are turning him down...that does not look good.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Btw Sadiq and Nura also had these injury issues ( Nura still has ) but Sadiq seems to have finally broken the Jinx..now hopefully he stays healthy in Rangers.

Sometimes its also the choice of league and club ... He has had 4 coaches in 1 year.
Nura's problem right now is not about injuries o.
It's his heart - and everyone is understandably wary of this niggling heart condition that doesn't want to go away...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:I am coming round to the fact that football is a very competitive environment at professional level.

My broda , it is a bloody jungle. When you see those who make it to the top you have to give them their accolades. There are millions daily trying to fill the position open to a few hundreds. Every week when i take my kids for football i see brilliant and talented kids that i immediately feel are good enough to go ahead...then i pause to take a bigger picture of kids doing this all over the world, just how many of them? If i think the one in front of me is good , have i seen his counterpart in some corners of Belgium or Italy or Spain?

Secondly some of the forms we tend to see during the U-17 tournaments or major tournaments cannot be sustained over a long period. The form is usually associated with long time spent together in camp, the focus and concentration demanded is a span of 3-4 weeks.

Very few players can sustain that level of concentration for longer spells, so when such enter an environment where competition is tough, they easily give up. Osimeh scored a lot of goals during the U-17, but there is something about his game that does not seem right to me. But i was hoping under the right condition and platform he would thrive. I am surprise that after the years in Wolfsburg, kwe kwe teams in Belgium are turning him down...that does not look good.
Our Enugu II will have some insightful comments on this.
A few years ago I was supposed to join him in a worldwide study to track the progress of WC U17 players over the years and see whether the Nigerian problem was unique to us or whether it is a global trend.
Unfortunately, due to so many commitments, I had to drop out of the project.
However, Enugu II is still plowing on.

From preliminary observations, the U17 level is a very poor indicator of who makes it into the top professional ranks. Just take a look at bright young stars like Akinjide Idowu, Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh.
None of them have exactly set the world alight - yet.
But that applies to the rest of the world too.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damunk wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Btw Sadiq and Nura also had these injury issues ( Nura still has ) but Sadiq seems to have finally broken the Jinx..now hopefully he stays healthy in Rangers.

Nura's problem right now is not about injuries o.
It's his heart - and everyone is understandably wary of this niggling heart condition that doesn't want to go away...
Thanks Doc , you do actually help my point - Nura is not having "footballing issues because he is not good " he is having footballing issues because of a health condition..

I will stand on my side of the fence for Victor and - I may be proved wrong , he is not having issues because he cannot play footie or score goals [ Or parties and rum drinking ] the guy has had issues with injuries and while others can rebound mentally, physically and respond, i think he is more human than we expect of him to be superman and he will come good, with the right team and conditioning, make Belgium clubs carry go siddon for poto poto..I don vex sef.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

So I recall mentioning on this thread that Oshimen has had injury issues and it was affecting his progress..

I note also that someone mentioned he was rejected by two belgian clubs...well well well...he signed for Charleroi ....however it seems he is still carrying an injury !!

See the team list for Charleroi loss today and guess who is listed as injured with s shoulder injury ?? Oshimen..see below link...

Its always good to have facts before we jump to conclusions o...

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/hrs ... ch-summary

...Socrates
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

OSimhen is in Chaleroi in Belgium