"FIFA can't ban Nigeria" - Giwa's Lawyer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
"FIFA can't ban Nigeria" - Giwa's Lawyer

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: "FIFA can't ban Nigeria" - Giwa's Lawyer

Post by ohenhen1 »

I blame FIFA for all this nonsense. They were too slow to act.

They should have banned Nigeria in July.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:I blame FIFA for all this nonsense. They were too slow to act.

They should have banned Nigeria in July.
Of course it will affect you by switching to another football channel. :curse: :curse: :curse:

Forget those who are dependant on a functioning NFF, like our girls dreaming of world exposure and our league
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/fif ... wyer-says/

I'm out of popcorn. :laugh:
Kai,...I heard some lawyers are taught to argue that black is white, but this one na real neuron over loader. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The ban should have come earlier. This late ban may affect our afcon qualifier on September 7.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

ohenhen1 wrote:The ban should have come earlier. This late ban may affect our afcon qualifier on September 7.
Very unfair to have done that considering the ongoing U20 Womens WC.
Besides, its only fair to give the FA a chance to get their act together before dropping the hammer.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Has Nigeria been banned, or were we given an ultimatum to comply before August 20?

Am I missing something here?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

charlie wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The ban should have come earlier. This late ban may affect our afcon qualifier on September 7.
Very unfair to have done that considering the ongoing U20 Womens WC.
Besides, its only fair to give the FA a chance to get their act together before dropping the hammer.
The issue was known by FIFA late June. If they had banned Nigeria late June. The ban would have been lifted before the U20 tournament.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cally wrote:Has Nigeria been banned, or were we given an ultimatum to comply before August 20?

Nigeria was given an ultimatum until August 20. FIFA should have banned Nigeria effective immediately, give a special exemption to the U20 world cup women team. A ban is the only thing those knuckleheads understand. Rules are mean't to be followed. if we can't follow FIFA rules, we deserve to be banned.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerians seem to only use their stubbornness for useless causes if only they used it to become a real nation,if only.........
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/fif ... wyer-says/

If this lawyer Habilla or whatever his name is should attract the wrath of Nigerian fans, no hospital will be able to re-habilla-tate him.
He and Giwa need to be very careful.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:

If this lawyer Habilla or whatever his name is should attract the wrath of Nigerian fans, no hospital will be able to re-habilla-tate him.
That's not a lawyer. That's a kook.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cally wrote:Has Nigeria been banned, or were we given an ultimatum to comply before August 20?

Nigeria was given an ultimatum until August 20. FIFA should have banned Nigeria effective immediately, give a special exemption to the U20 world cup women team. A ban is the only thing those knuckleheads understand. Rules are mean't to be followed. if we can't follow FIFA rules, we deserve to be banned.
You are supporting fifa a crooked establishment that fbi just deal with recently?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

You are supporting fifa a crooked establishment that fbi just deal with recently?
I am supporting people that follow rules. FIFA rules are clear. If you have conflict you go to FIFA internal courts or go to Court of Arbitration. We all saw how Sheriff used Justice Abang to destablize the PDP.

FIFA is not the crook in this matter. Nigeria must learn how to follow rules.

My preference is to avoid the ban. but a ban might be necessary. It is going to be tough for the footballers that earn a living in Nigeria or need an international transfer.

FIFA must send a message. Once Giwa is detained by the DSS and his publicly condemned. He will back track. The ban will then be lifted.

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

REGARDLESS OF THE MERITS (OR THE LACK OF SAME) IN THIS CASE...

...sometimes I think FIFA acts like a bully when it comes to the weaker countries. A smarter organization might have looked for, and found, a way to deal with this incessant squabbles in these countries. Instead it brandishes the one-size-fits-all threat of sanctions. Was this not same organization that was pummeled into submission the US recently? I'm sorry that there are some here who think nations should just bend over and accept whatever FIFA dictates.
Bell
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bell wrote:REGARDLESS OF THE MERITS (OR THE LACK OF SAME) IN THIS CASE...

...sometimes I think FIFA acts like a bully when it comes to the weaker countries. A smarter organization might have looked for, and found, a way to deal with this incessant squabbles in these countries. Instead it brandishes the one-size-fits-all threat of sanctions. Was this not same organization that was pummeled into submission the US recently? I'm sorry that there are some here who think nations should just bend over and accept whatever FIFA dictates.
Bell
The US didn't break FIFA rules.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bell wrote:REGARDLESS OF THE MERITS (OR THE LACK OF SAME) IN THIS CASE...
A smarter organization might have looked for, and found, a way to deal with this incessant squabbles in these countries.
But that is exactly what they've done but we complain when they put their foot down to enforce clear regulations that we already signed up for.

They put clear regulations in place that cannot be misinterpreted to mitigate the problems coming from these smaller (mostly African) countries, which is spilling into world football and causing disruptions/embarrassments in global competitions. They had to do something about it. By being part of FIFA, you automatically sign up to the FIFA statutes. These countries know what they signed up for yet they continue to push the boundaries to see what they can get away with because that is what they do at home. They don't stick to rules and regulations. Some order is required for any organisation to function effectively. If these countries cannot stick to basic regulations then they can't be part of FIFA.

If Nigeria is currently acting within the FIFA regulations then let them make their case and take it to CAS. FIFA cannot impose a ban if Nigeria is acting within the regulations and I don't think they would even threaten a ban unless they have a clear case of a breach.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You don't have to accept every thing FIFA dictates. You can go to the Court of Abitration of sports. But if you beak FIFA rules you have no case. CAS will rule against you. The US didn't break any FIFA laws. The FBI investigated corruption with FIFA. Those findings were sent to the right parties. FIFA ethic committee suspended several members. FIFA officials appealed the suspension with CAS.

Nothing is stopping EFCC from arresting and convicting NFF officials of corruption. But it is a violation of FIFA rules to go to a court that is not recognized by FIFA to address internal conflict like electoral matters.

Which rule did the US violate @Bell?

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
Damunk wrote:

That's not a lawyer. That's a kook.
let's deal with the laws raised by Victor here

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

Ley's discuss the statutes of NFF

Toyin is the media officer of the Amanju led board :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The duo of Solomon Lalung and Chris Giwa are just peculiar phurck-up masters. If the next elections are to hold on Sept 14, what's all the fuss about?

Solomon Lalung has written to FIFA asking for a visit and promptly received the humiliating "piss off!" brush-off with a pointed reminder that Chris Giwa (supposed to be in the visiting delegation) remains a persona non grata. Honestly, our people na wa. How much humiliation can one endure?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nff ... t-offer-2/
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Goldleaf wrote:The duo of Solomon Lalung and Chris Giwa are just peculiar phurck-up masters. If the next elections are to hold on Sept 14, what's all the fuss about?

Solomon Lalung has written to FIFA asking for a visit and promptly received the humiliating "piss off!" brush-off with a pointed reminder that Chris Giwa (supposed to be in the visiting delegation) remains a persona non grata. Honestly, our people na wa. How much humiliation can one endure?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nff ... t-offer-2/
Pinnick should obey the court obeys.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Pinnick should have read FIFA statues, advise Giwa to retract his court case and follow the right due process.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

World’s Football governing body, FIFA have turned down a proposed visit by a Nigerian delegation, led by the Minister for Sports, Solomon Dalung in a bid to discuss the ongoing leadership tussle rocking the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). NFF Nigeria are facing a race against time to avoid a worldwide ban from football after FIFA gave Nigeria until Monday, August 20, 2018 to handover the administration and offices of the Football Federation to Amaju Pinnick and his Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi. ADVERTISING ADVERTISING In a bid to circumvent FIFA’s judgment, www.aclsports.com exclusively scooped that Dalung wrote to FIFA on Wednesday, August 15, through the office of the Nigerian Ambassador to Switzerland, seeking to meet with the FIFA President Gianni Infantino alongside members of his reconciliatory committee and Chris Giwa, head of the other faction. However, FIFA, in a swift reply to Dalung’s request, signed by its Secretary General Fatma Samoura and made available to www.aclsports.com rejected the idea while reiterating the stance of the Bureau Council of FIFA to ban Nigeria on Monday if they fail to do as requested. “While we are aware of the seriousness and urgency of the matter, we regret to inform you that we are not in a position to respond favourably to your request for an appointment with the FIFA Ieadership. In fact, the FIFA President is indisposed during the proposed period,” stated FIFA in their response. Those on Dalung’s proposed delegation to Zurich include; Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youth and Sports Olusade Adesola, former NFA Chairmen, Ibrahim Galadima and Anthony Kodjo Williams, former NFF Secretary General Bolaji Ojo Oba, Amaju Pinnick, Mohammed Sanusi and Chris Giwa. “Moreover, we would Iike to recall that one member of the proposed delegation, Mr Chris Giwa, is currently under a worldwide ban, in accordance with the decision of the FIFA DiscipIinary Committee dated 10 January 2017 to extend the five—year ban from taking part in any kind of footbaII-related activity imposed by the Nigeria FootbaIl Federation’s (NFF) Disciplinary Committee on 12 May 2016,” added FIFA. The governing body also reminded the Minister that the only channel with which it relates to its member bodies is through the legitimate Football Federation and advised him not to use other means in the future. “We would Iike to emphasise that we normally communicate with and through our member associations, in this case the NFF under its Iegitimate President Amaju Melvin Pinnick. “Consequently, we would be grateful to have any future correspondence be routed through the NFF directly,” said FIFA. The Nigerian government has been making efforts to ensure that Nigeria escapes the FIFA hammer and the Acting-President, Yemi Osinbajo has held meetings with the NFF President Pinnick and with the rival, Chris Giwa on resolving the impasse. It remains to be seen to what effect or reason the Minister’s latest move is hinged on.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/nff ... sit-offer/

Why hasn't Buhari fired this Dalung guy?

See the unproffesonal behavior of Nigeria officials. No wonder Nigeria football or sports is not developnig. No wonder Nigeria as a society is not developing.