Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36073
Location: Land of the Terrapins
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
On paper/pound for pound CROATIA and Spain are on the same level as Argentina or even Better but Nigeria isn’t so I don’t know what that goat is even explaining there’s a reason why no neutral predicted that we would win. Also, Argentina is essentially Nigeria bogey team because we have failed to beat them in 4 attempts prior to 2018 Wc. I believe that for all these reasons aforementioned, you have to be delusional, insane, Demented to believe it’s ROhR fault that we lost or he should be terminated for losing to them


On what paper are you talking about? You just keep making up stuff when facts are presented you run away from the thread and then on another thread start again with the same nonsense. Croatia WAS NOT pound for anything at the same level as Spain going into the WC. They qualified via playoffs, they had to fire their coach as they were at risk of not qualifying. They were no where as a team in the caliber of a Spain who qualified with relative ease and can put about 2-3 top starting 11's that will beat a lot of teams. Here are their relative results leading up to the World Cup. I'm getting tired of this rhetoric that Croatia is at the level of a Spain going into the WC, since when? They had a great run and I dare say overachieved at the WC itself (look at the thrashing they took in the final) and did well to keep winning in extra time even when it looked unlikely, but come on.


3 September 2017[216]2018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–0 Kosovo Zagreb, Croatia
5 September 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Turkey 1–0 Croatia Eskişehir, Turkey
6 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–1 Finland Rijeka, Croatia
9 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Ukraine 0–2 Croatia Kiev, Ukraine
9 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 4–1 Greece Zagreb, Croatia
12 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Greece 0–0 (1–4 agg.) Croatia Piraeus, Greece

23 March 2018Friendly match Peru 2–0 Croatia Miami, United States
27 March 2018Friendly match Mexico 0–1 Croatia Dallas, United States
3 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 0–2 Brazil Liverpool, England
8 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 2–1 Senegal Osijek, Croatia
16 June 20182018 FIFA World Cup Croatia 2–0 Nigeria Kaliningrad, Russia

---------
COMPARE THIS TO SPAIN:


28 MarchFriendly France 0–2 Spain Stade de France, Paris
2 September2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Italy Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid
5 September2018 FIFA WCQ Liechtenstein 0–8 Spain Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz
6 October2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Albania Rico Pérez, Alicante
9 October2018 FIFA WCQ Israel 0–1 Spain Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem
11 NovemberFriendly Spain 5–0 Costa Rica La Rosaleda Stadium, Málaga
14 NovemberFriendly Russia 3–3 Spain Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg


23 MarchFriendly Germany 1–1 Spain Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf
27 MarchFriendly Spain 6–1 Argentina Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid
3 JuneFriendly Spain 1–1 Switzerland Estadio de la Cerámica, Villarreal
9 JuneFriendly Tunisia 0–1 Spain Krasnodar Stadium, Krasnodar
15 June2018 FIFA World Cup group stage Portugal 3–3 Spain Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi



You're a classic example of what's wrong the Nigerians today and why we can't accomplish even the simplest things like water supply. They see the past a lot clearer than the future. Are you seriously posting croatia's results out of Uefa Zone as evidence of over achieving at the WC? As it occurred to you that the has been building for almost ten yrs before they got to WC final? Wow! :shock:


My post was showing they are not and were not in the caliber of a Spain. They did well at the WC and did overachieve getting to the final (my opinion - you can state yours). But I challenge you to show me any main stream prediction outside of Croatians that had them getting to the Final, then I'll take you seriously. But all this is after the fact, as no one was expecting them to reach there, its was the regular power houses which included Spain. And Croatia reached there the dirty way with overtime after overtime, Penalty shootout after Penalty shootout (basically a flip of the coin kept getting them through, it was almost like destiny). But when they faced one of those powerhouses expected to win they got trounced 4-1. They are clearly a much better team than us, but they are not a powerhouse in UEFA as john is trying to make it seem.

That said we definitely could have gotten a result against them based on the balance of play on the day, same thing with Argentina.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15418
Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI and his wife John are typical examples of people who suffered extremely from low self esteem all their lives... rather sad to see two grown up men display such defeatist mindsets.



Ok champion. If your self esteem was so high you wouldn’t be accusing people you’ve never seen of having low self esteem over football on the way nternet. The best SE have ever done at the wc is play one more game and lose, even when they dribbled. The 94 team took 4yrs to build and they dribbled and got knocked out in rd 2. Rohr, has put together the best prigram since 94 and he’s only 2yrs into his program and still qualified. Btw, it took westerhiff 4yrs to get to the WC.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76332
Location: Earth
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI and his wife John are typical examples of people who suffered extremely from low self esteem all their lives... rather sad to see two grown up men display such defeatist mindsets.



Ok champion. If your self esteem was so high you wouldn’t be accusing people you’ve never seen of having low self esteem over football on the way nternet. The best SE have ever done at the wc is play one more game and lose, even when they dribbled. The 94 team took 4yrs to build and they dribbled and got knocked out in rd 2. Rohr, has put together the best prigram since 94 and he’s only 2yrs into his program and still qualified. Btw, it took westerhiff 4yrs to get to the WC.

hush , you aren't making any sense..( fyi i didn't read your post or the one above..I just chose this post to reply to)

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: South London
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.

Well I think Rohr needs to continue with Nigeria but how is he responsible for the players joining better clubs?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 6744
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
On paper/pound for pound CROATIA and Spain are on the same level as Argentina or even Better but Nigeria isn’t so I don’t know what that goat is even explaining there’s a reason why no neutral predicted that we would win. Also, Argentina is essentially Nigeria bogey team because we have failed to beat them in 4 attempts prior to 2018 Wc. I believe that for all these reasons aforementioned, you have to be delusional, insane, Demented to believe it’s ROhR fault that we lost or he should be terminated for losing to them


On what paper are you talking about? You just keep making up stuff when facts are presented you run away from the thread and then on another thread start again with the same nonsense. Croatia WAS NOT pound for anything at the same level as Spain going into the WC. They qualified via playoffs, they had to fire their coach as they were at risk of not qualifying. They were no where as a team in the caliber of a Spain who qualified with relative ease and can put about 2-3 top starting 11's that will beat a lot of teams. Here are their relative results leading up to the World Cup. I'm getting tired of this rhetoric that Croatia is at the level of a Spain going into the WC, since when? They had a great run and I dare say overachieved at the WC itself (look at the thrashing they took in the final) and did well to keep winning in extra time even when it looked unlikely, but come on.


3 September 2017[216]2018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–0 Kosovo Zagreb, Croatia
5 September 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Turkey 1–0 Croatia Eskişehir, Turkey
6 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–1 Finland Rijeka, Croatia
9 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Ukraine 0–2 Croatia Kiev, Ukraine
9 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 4–1 Greece Zagreb, Croatia
12 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Greece 0–0 (1–4 agg.) Croatia Piraeus, Greece

23 March 2018Friendly match Peru 2–0 Croatia Miami, United States
27 March 2018Friendly match Mexico 0–1 Croatia Dallas, United States
3 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 0–2 Brazil Liverpool, England
8 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 2–1 Senegal Osijek, Croatia
16 June 20182018 FIFA World Cup Croatia 2–0 Nigeria Kaliningrad, Russia

---------
COMPARE THIS TO SPAIN:


28 MarchFriendly France 0–2 Spain Stade de France, Paris
2 September2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Italy Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid
5 September2018 FIFA WCQ Liechtenstein 0–8 Spain Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz
6 October2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Albania Rico Pérez, Alicante
9 October2018 FIFA WCQ Israel 0–1 Spain Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem
11 NovemberFriendly Spain 5–0 Costa Rica La Rosaleda Stadium, Málaga
14 NovemberFriendly Russia 3–3 Spain Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg


23 MarchFriendly Germany 1–1 Spain Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf
27 MarchFriendly Spain 6–1 Argentina Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid
3 JuneFriendly Spain 1–1 Switzerland Estadio de la Cerámica, Villarreal
9 JuneFriendly Tunisia 0–1 Spain Krasnodar Stadium, Krasnodar
15 June2018 FIFA World Cup group stage Portugal 3–3 Spain Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi




Keep slapping them with facts and truth hopefully their eyes will clear one day.

_________________

_________________
African Heros...You will never be forgotten
1. Kwame Nkrumah
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 6744
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:
On paper/pound for pound CROATIA and Spain are on the same level as Argentina or even Better but Nigeria isn’t so I don’t know what that goat is even explaining there’s a reason why no neutral predicted that we would win. Also, Argentina is essentially Nigeria bogey team because we have failed to beat them in 4 attempts prior to 2018 Wc. I believe that for all these reasons aforementioned, you have to be delusional, insane, Demented to believe it’s ROhR fault that we lost or he should be terminated for losing to them


On what paper are you talking about? You just keep making up stuff when facts are presented you run away from the thread and then on another thread start again with the same nonsense. Croatia WAS NOT pound for anything at the same level as Spain going into the WC. They qualified via playoffs, they had to fire their coach as they were at risk of not qualifying. They were no where as a team in the caliber of a Spain who qualified with relative ease and can put about 2-3 top starting 11's that will beat a lot of teams. Here are their relative results leading up to the World Cup. I'm getting tired of this rhetoric that Croatia is at the level of a Spain going into the WC, since when? They had a great run and I dare say overachieved at the WC itself (look at the thrashing they took in the final) and did well to keep winning in extra time even when it looked unlikely, but come on.


3 September 2017[216]2018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–0 Kosovo Zagreb, Croatia
5 September 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Turkey 1–0 Croatia Eskişehir, Turkey
6 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 1–1 Finland Rijeka, Croatia
9 October 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Ukraine 0–2 Croatia Kiev, Ukraine
9 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Croatia 4–1 Greece Zagreb, Croatia
12 November 20172018 FIFA World Cup qualification Greece 0–0 (1–4 agg.) Croatia Piraeus, Greece

23 March 2018Friendly match Peru 2–0 Croatia Miami, United States
27 March 2018Friendly match Mexico 0–1 Croatia Dallas, United States
3 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 0–2 Brazil Liverpool, England
8 June 2018Friendly match Croatia 2–1 Senegal Osijek, Croatia
16 June 20182018 FIFA World Cup Croatia 2–0 Nigeria Kaliningrad, Russia

---------
COMPARE THIS TO SPAIN:


28 MarchFriendly France 0–2 Spain Stade de France, Paris
2 September2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Italy Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid
5 September2018 FIFA WCQ Liechtenstein 0–8 Spain Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz
6 October2018 FIFA WCQ Spain 3–0 Albania Rico Pérez, Alicante
9 October2018 FIFA WCQ Israel 0–1 Spain Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem
11 NovemberFriendly Spain 5–0 Costa Rica La Rosaleda Stadium, Málaga
14 NovemberFriendly Russia 3–3 Spain Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg


23 MarchFriendly Germany 1–1 Spain Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf
27 MarchFriendly Spain 6–1 Argentina Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid
3 JuneFriendly Spain 1–1 Switzerland Estadio de la Cerámica, Villarreal
9 JuneFriendly Tunisia 0–1 Spain Krasnodar Stadium, Krasnodar
15 June2018 FIFA World Cup group stage Portugal 3–3 Spain Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi




Keep slapping them with facts and truth hopefully their eyes will clear one day.

_________________

_________________
African Heros...You will never be forgotten
1. Kwame Nkrumah
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1901
I clearly said on paper Croatia and Spain has better matches Argentina or are even better instead of you comparing Croatia to Argentina you’re comparing Croatia vs Spain. Pound for pound, CROATIA has better midfield than Argentina while Argentina has better Forwards. As for Nigeria, Argentina has better Defense, Midfield and forwards than us and while we should always aspire/hope that we can beat anyone losing to a team like Argentina 2-1 isn’t enough reason to terminate a solid Coach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54279
Location: United Kingdom
We need to see similar movement at the other end of the team. For instance:

(1) Simeon Nwankwo joining Roma
(2) Taiwo Awoniyi joining PSG
(3) Kelechi Nwakali joining Atletico Madrid
(4) Henry Onyekuru joining Inter Milan
(5) Samuel Kalu joining Juventus
(6) Umaru Mohammed joining Spurs
(7) Sadiq Umar joining Liverpool
(8) Kelechi Iheanacho joining Barcelona
(9) Alex Iwobi joining Real Madrid
(10) Kayode Olanrewaju joining CSKA Moscow

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7871
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.


Wow! It is really disheartening that people think a first round exit from the World Cup is a sign of natural progression, especially when you recall that the previous World Cup team, arguably less talented than this one and with a supposedly inferior local coach, made it to the second round where they battled the current world champions vigorously. Is there any doubt that the penchant for mediocrity is 90% of Nigeria’s problem :?: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7871
john12 wrote:
Kongi no mind the crooks. It’s not even like Argentina are some small team. This is a team with the likes of aguero, Messi, demaria etc smh folks are Delusional here


Clap for yourself. The SuperEagles lost to a team of over the hill players; hurrah. So next time, will you encourage them to lose to Neymar and co :?: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7871
aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:
Kongi no mind the crooks. It’s not even like Argentina are some small team. This is a team with the likes of aguero, Messi, demaria etc smh folks are Delusional here


Are you a child? How are people crooks because they want a manager that lost in the first round of the world cup (worse than the last world cup) fired? There may be good reasons to keep him but how is a fan's opinion that he should be fired evidence of dishonesty?


They say attack is the best form of defense. Perhaps, john12 calls people crooks to avoid defending the fact that he himself is a big crook :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36627
Location: UK
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.


Wow! It is really disheartening that people think a first round exit from the World Cup is a sign of natural progression, especially when you recall that the previous World Cup team, arguably less talented than this one and with a supposedly inferior local coach, made it to the second round where they battled the current world champions vigorously.
Uhm, TTT...its pretty obvious the 'natural progression' Kongi is referring to is of the players, individually.
I'm not sure how you've deduced he was referring to the team's first-round exit.

Anyone could argue that the players' upward mobility is an indication of how the WC has propelled their careers from the "lessons learnt".
They've gone to the ultimate football school (the WC) and graduated with good enough grades to increase their market value.

Quote:
Is there any doubt that the penchant for mediocrity is 90% of Nigeria’s problem:?: :!:
Cheers.

Another argument not being considered here is that the 'mediocrity' label being thrown about is actually when you want to claim a position or reward you do not merit.
Wanting to beat Argentina or Croatia is one thing. That is passion.
Believing we have a right to beat them simply because they're having a bad day in the office is another.

They say a good team wins even on a bad day. Nine times out of ten that match replayed with the same personnel would throw up the same result. To now start sacking left and right because we feel we should have won is to refuse to do the work that needs to be done: improve the quality of the team.


Failing to recognize that can be said to be promoting 'mediocrity' becos we're sidestepping the main issue, ie 'the Super Eagle in the room'...
Just my opinion. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44357
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:
Kongi no mind the crooks. It’s not even like Argentina are some small team. This is a team with the likes of aguero, Messi, demaria etc smh folks are Delusional here


Are you a child? How are people crooks because they want a manager that lost in the first round of the world cup (worse than the last world cup) fired? There may be good reasons to keep him but how is a fan's opinion that he should be fired evidence of dishonesty?


Uncle, I would have fired him after the team landed in Naijaria.

Folks talk about accepting mediocrity, Rohr, is the epitome of mediocrity. He was the one that went to the World Cup to learn (gain experience).

Argentina won ONE game. One! And he is folks like Agent John12 are talking about are we expecting to beat Argentina? Iceland that tied them, what was their pedigree?

Before the World Cup, we were telling fans not to be quick to hail Rohr as he is yet to win ANYTHING. He still hasn't won a damn thing. He actually the first coach we have given everything to for him to succeed. No other coach has enjoyed this level of cooperation from the NFF and the Naijarian government. Not the 94 squad, not the 96 Gold medal winning squad. None!

If they want to retain him, it is for NONE footballing reasons.
Which is fine... but don't tell us it for the crappy football his team played.
In all the years of playing Argentina in a competitive setting, this is the most beatable they have been. They won one miserly game in this World Cup and it was against us.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44357
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
john12 wrote:
I clearly said on paper Croatia and Spain has better matches Argentina or are even better instead of you comparing Croatia to Argentina you’re comparing Croatia vs Spain. Pound for pound, CROATIA has better midfield than Argentina while Argentina has better Forwards. As for Nigeria, Argentina has better Defense, Midfield and forwards than us and while we should always aspire/hope that we can beat anyone losing to a team like Argentina 2-1 isn’t enough reason to terminate a solid Coach


You shouldn't leave the house unsupervised. :curse: :veryangry:

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7871
Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.


Wow! It is really disheartening that people think a first round exit from the World Cup is a sign of natural progression, especially when you recall that the previous World Cup team, arguably less talented than this one and with a supposedly inferior local coach, made it to the second round where they battled the current world champions vigorously.
Uhm, TTT...its pretty obvious the 'natural progression' Kongi is referring to is of the players, individually.
I'm not sure how you've deduced he was referring to the team's first-round exit.

Anyone could argue that the players' upward mobility is an indication of how the WC has propelled their careers from the "lessons learnt".
They've gone to the ultimate football school (the WC) and graduated with good enough grades to increase their market value.

Quote:
Is there any doubt that the penchant for mediocrity is 90% of Nigeria’s problem:?: :!:
Cheers.

Another argument not being considered here is that the 'mediocrity' label being thrown about is actually when you want to claim a position or reward you do not merit.
Wanting to beat Argentina or Croatia is one thing. That is passion.
Believing we have a right to beat them simply because they're having a bad day in the office is another.

They say a good team wins even on a bad day. Nine times out of ten that match replayed with the same personnel would throw up the same result. To now start sacking left and right because we feel we should have won is to refuse to do the work that needs to be done: improve the quality of the team.


Failing to recognize that can be said to be promoting 'mediocrity' becos we're sidestepping the main issue, ie 'the Super Eagle in the room'...
Just my opinion. :idea:


OK. I’ll tell you what, Damunk; you can talk about any natural progression you want to talk about, like moving from Amka Perm (spelling) to who again???... and I’ll talk about the lack of natural progression from a second round appearance in 2014 to a first round exit in 2018 despite significantly more resources. No harm no foul. Obviously you are more concerned with individual progress than I am while I am focused on team progress. I really am not too concerned about where our guys play nor am I going to get unduly excited about transfers which are little more than lateral movements :!: :!: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36627
Location: UK
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.


Wow! It is really disheartening that people think a first round exit from the World Cup is a sign of natural progression, especially when you recall that the previous World Cup team, arguably less talented than this one and with a supposedly inferior local coach, made it to the second round where they battled the current world champions vigorously.
Uhm, TTT...its pretty obvious the 'natural progression' Kongi is referring to is of the players, individually.
I'm not sure how you've deduced he was referring to the team's first-round exit.

Anyone could argue that the players' upward mobility is an indication of how the WC has propelled their careers from the "lessons learnt".
They've gone to the ultimate football school (the WC) and graduated with good enough grades to increase their market value.

Quote:
Is there any doubt that the penchant for mediocrity is 90% of Nigeria’s problem:?: :!:
Cheers.

Another argument not being considered here is that the 'mediocrity' label being thrown about is actually when you want to claim a position or reward you do not merit.
Wanting to beat Argentina or Croatia is one thing. That is passion.
Believing we have a right to beat them simply because they're having a bad day in the office is another.

They say a good team wins even on a bad day. Nine times out of ten that match replayed with the same personnel would throw up the same result. To now start sacking left and right because we feel we should have won is to refuse to do the work that needs to be done: improve the quality of the team.


Failing to recognize that can be said to be promoting 'mediocrity' becos we're sidestepping the main issue, ie 'the Super Eagle in the room'...
Just my opinion. :idea:


OK. I’ll tell you what, Damunk; you can talk about any natural progression you want to talk about, like moving from Amka Perm (spelling) to who again???... and I’ll talk about the lack of natural progression from a second round appearance in 2014 to a first round exit in 2018 despite significantly more resources. No harm no foul. Obviously you are more concerned with individual progress than I am while I am focused on team progress. I really am not too concerned about where our guys play nor am I going to get unduly excited about transfers which are little more than lateral movements :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
That's not true and I think you know that.
I was just pointing out that you misrepresented someone's argument to enable your own, probably inadvertently.
A team is supposed to be greater than the sum of its parts. So it is perfectly logical to conclude that the stronger the individual parts (the players) the stronger the team should be.

Anyone thinking player progression is invariably thinking even greater team progression.
That goes without saying.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14397
Cellular wrote:
john12 wrote:
Kongi no mind the crooks. It’s not even like Argentina are some small team. This is a team with the likes of aguero, Messi, demaria etc smh folks are Delusional here


Your client has made the big money move. Can you take your inferiority complex elsewhere?

Why compete if you are expected to lose to a higher profile team...irrespective of the form of the team? :? :roll:

Don't mind John. He's here for entertainment only.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1901
There’s no inferiority complex. I am just being realistic, intelligent and knowledgeable. Please, tell me why no single neutral Predicted that Nigeria will beat Argentina at that game? Imagine kenya terminating their coach because they lost to Nigeria


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22431
john12 wrote:
There’s no inferiority complex. I am just being realistic, intelligent and knowledgeable. Please, tell me why no single neutral Predicted that Nigeria will beat Argentina at that game? Imagine kenya terminating their coach because they lost to Nigeria


Image

The UGLY face of......................COWARDICE :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29433
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
john12 wrote:
Kongi no mind the crooks. It’s not even like Argentina are some small team. This is a team with the likes of aguero, Messi, demaria etc smh folks are Delusional here

Aged legs still managed to concoct a way to deny us of last 16.

Keshi with a bunch of hey yous managed to cross the hurdle and was paid far less and definitely treated shabbily.

This was the most prepared of our teams in a while but it appears the only result we have to show are EXCUSES!

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8462
Location: loughborough.
cchinukw wrote:
Aged legs still managed to concoct a way to deny us of last 16.

Keshi with a bunch of hey yous managed to cross the hurdle and was paid far less and definitely treated shabbily.

This was the most prepared of our teams in a while but it appears the only result we have to show are EXCUSES!

Another person sees the light.

Like Cellular, for Rohr the WC was a learning experience for him.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rohr Effect?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44494
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Of course it is. This is what happens when you build a team property, natural progression. Mugus and magas of CE still want him fired because he didn’t beat Argentina and the team didn’t dribble enough.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kongi go kill person for this place!


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cally, emekonia, Flex Swift, Google [Bot], oyek, vancity eagle and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group