FG, Fifa Agree on Working Terms

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FG, Fifa Agree on Working Terms

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote:
fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Ohenhen1,

TBH, it was a stupid offer in my view but that is what is on the table. I somewhat believe that someone in the government may have played a role in getting Pinnick's group to make such an offer. My concern is that it encourages similar conflicts in the future. I personally want this ban to stick as a lesson for others. Remember Baribote was once ban but that was lifted for peace. Now, Baribote has joined Giwa in this case. They apparently do not consider the ban as something that lasts in Nigeria. You can always beg and have it lifted. So why care?
Enugu II, this is the hardline approach that will not work. If Giwa case gets to the Supreme Court and he wins, what next?

The someone in govt referred to is the Sport Minister, okay. Everything na Sports Minister.

:lol: :lol: :lol: it must be nice to have pipe dreams.
Pipe cigar dey sweet :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohenhen1 wrote:Follow FIFA statutes or stop been a member of FIFA it is that simple. Every member follow the statues. The NASS need to domicile the FIFA statues to prevent this from happening again.
Smh! That would only be appropriate if football and FIFA were Nigeria’s “raison d’etre”; and if you think they are, sorry for you you poor fool. And while you’re at it, why don’t you just advocate that NASS be scuttled and let the NFF and FIFA lesgislate laws for Nigeria :?: :!:

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is not by force to be a member of FIFA. @Tony. But like every member. You have to obey FIFA rules if you want to be a member of FIFA.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:It is not by force to be a member of FIFA. @Tony. But like every member. You have to obey FIFA rules if you want to be a member of FIFA.
That’s where you wrong and completely ignorant. FIFA only enforces it’s ever fluid “statutes” selectively on countries that don’t have international clout otherwise the USA should have been suspended indefinitely :!:

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Please give us one example where FIFA didn't enforce their statutes.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I actually see the wisdom in the FIFA rule on settling internal conflict. Nigeria judiciary is corrupt. Any paid judge can be used to destabilize the NFF. Adopting the FIFA statues will be good for Nigeria.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:It is not by force to be a member of FIFA. @Tony. But like every member. You have to obey FIFA rules if you want to be a member of FIFA.
That’s where you wrong and completely ignorant. FIFA only enforces it’s ever fluid “statutes” selectively on countries that don’t have international clout otherwise the USA should have been suspended indefinitely :!:

Cheers.
The US didn't break any rule. Criminal cases is different from civil cases. FIFA is not stopping Nigeria from jailing officials for corruption. FIFA will frown on a government that disolves the board over corruption allegations. The FBI had every right to investigate FIFA. It was the FIFA ethics committee that removed blatter. CAS sanctioned it.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Cheers.
The US didn't break any rule. Criminal cases is different from civil cases. FIFA is not stopping Nigeria from jailing officials for corruption. FIFA will frown on a government that disolves the board over corruption allegations. The FBI had every right to investigate FIFA. It was the FIFA ethics committee that removed blatter. CAS sanctioned it.
My friend, get real or step aside. Are you saying this, completely oblivious of the fact that the federal government pressed criminal charges against key members of the NFF fairly recently and FIFA threatened sanctions against Nigeria if the charges weren’t dropped? You think the FBI has a right to investigate FIFA and the the Federal Government and her agents don’t have a right to investigate the NFF :?: :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Ohenhen1,

TBH, it was a stupid offer in my view but that is what is on the table. I somewhat believe that someone in the government may have played a role in getting Pinnick's group to make such an offer. My concern is that it encourages similar conflicts in the future. I personally want this ban to stick as a lesson for others. Remember Baribote was once ban but that was lifted for peace. Now, Baribote has joined Giwa in this case. They apparently do not consider the ban as something that lasts in Nigeria. You can always beg and have it lifted. So why care?
Enugu II, this is the hardline approach that will not work. If Giwa case gets to the Supreme Court and he wins, what next?

The someone in govt referred to is the Sport Minister, okay. Everything na Sports Minister.
Fabio,

Why should it not work? It matters very little whether Giwa wins in Supreme Court or not, IMHO. Note that the reason for Giwa's suspension is precisely because he took the matter to the courts. Thus, winning in the courts should not affect whether he is suspended or not. Now, if you are talking about challenging his suspension at CAS then I can see where the winning there should affect the ban.

The problem that I see is that people are hung up on whether the Nigerian courts are superior or not to FIFA. In my opinion, that is irrelevant. The issue is whether this is a matter for courts or not and not about superiority.

Unfortunately, Pinnick and his crew have made what i consider a CARDINAL mistake i.e. agreeing to cancel the ban. If I was in their position, the ban is non-negotiable.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You don't get it. FIFA is not saying the FG can't jail NFF officials for corruption. FIFA is saying government can't remove officials from their posts. Only FIFA recognized courts can do that.

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Pinnick is a better political strategist than people give him credit for :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He managed to get himself elected even after Giwa won the first election...
Helped Get Infantino elected as FIFA president...
He got almighty Hayotu of CAF replaced, ,
and has now out classed the sports minister though some back room maneuvering at FIFA...

The bobo na real Maradona....If only he could do this strategizing for our football fortunes on the field.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Giwa should be banished from Nigeria and Dalung should be told to replace his red beret with a thinking cap. Two despicable human beings.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

JACKAL wrote:Pinnick is a better political strategist than people give him credit for :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and has now out classed the sports minister though some back room maneuvering at FIFA...

The bobo na real Maradona....If only he could do this strategizing for our football fortunes on the field.
Spot on. Pinnick is a real man.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:Giwa should be banished from Nigeria and Dalung should be told to replace his red beret with a thinking cap. Two despicable human beings.
I agree with E11's take. People need to be taught lessons to prevent nonsense like this in future.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Not good enough. Giwa has to either withdraw his lawsuit or the judge has to rule that Giwa has no case. I hope fifa doesn’t fall for this trick.
Withdraw based on what?
My brother, Giwa never had a clue. He is just playground bully. He alienates and divides people. Pinnick has taught him a lesson. The man and the Sports Minister are a joke, embarrassment and disgrace.

They have even offered him an olive branch, which is not deserved but the Man is clueless, he will not accept and will look to cause even more problems. He really should be banished and kicked to the kerb along with that Sports Minister.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Pinnick is a better political strategist than people give him credit for :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

... But every real man has his Achilles heels, which is Giwa.

Chief, why is there a collective silent on what happened in camp btw Rohr and some players. If na Keshi or Amodu the press would have had a field day.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I don't want Chris Giwa to be part of Nigerian football. Pinnick would be stupid to lift the ban. Seek a life time ban.

Ohenhen1,

I don't think lifting the ban in Nigeria will remove his FIFA ban.

From the antics we've seen of GIwa so far it would be madness to allow such a person to be head of the NFF. That would effectively be putting your hand firmly on the self-destruct button. In any case, I think Giwa has already burnt his bridges. Even if you take Pinnick out of the equation, I just don't see how other stakeholders in Nigerian football will ever accept Giwa in genuine elections. Dalung, of course, would attempt to rig the elections so if Giwa ever becomes NFF boss it would be through illegitimate means.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

... But every real man has his Achilles heels, which is Giwa.

Chief, why is there a collective silent on what happened in camp btw Rohr and some players. If na Keshi or Amodu the press would have had a field day.
Not me. I have given account already.