FG, Fifa Agree on Working Terms

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
FG, Fifa Agree on Working Terms

Post by Schillachi »

The Federal Government has embraced a working agreement that will see the country’s soccer administrators accept the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA’s) statutes for the smooth running of the game, NationSport can reveal.

The Federal Government on Saturday dispatched a letter to FIFA’s headquarters in Zurich, detailing the agreement reached between both bodies, making it imperative on the world soccer ruling body’s chieftains to drop the proposed sanctions on Nigeria from noon today, if the leadership of Amaju Pinnick is not allowed to do its jobs at the Glasshouse of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), following the legal tussle in the country’s polity.

NationSport further scooped that FIFA chieftains are impressed with the progress made in the negotiations with top government officials leading to the drafting of the letter from Nigeria and are ready to work with the country which is a key stakeholder in global soccer, especially the young Nigerians plying their trade in Europe and the Diaspora.

Not much was divulged to NationSport about the content of the FG letter except for the fact all our national teams and club sides are to prepare for their matches and win laurels for the country like they have been doing in the past.

FIFA had some time last month written a letter to the NFF and the Nigerian government, on the need to resolve the crisis in the federation, especially the trend of taking football matters to the civil courts, which the world soccer ruling body frowns on.

“In line with article. 16, paragraph. 1 of the FIFA Statutes, the Bureau of the FIFA Council decided that if by Monday, 20 August 2018, at 12:00 (CET), the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) offices are not handed back to the legitimate NFF executive committee under President Amaju Pinnick, who was duly elected on 30 September 2014, the NFF will be suspended with immediate effect for contravening art. 14 par. 1 i) and art. 19, as well as art. 14 par. 1 a) of the FIFA Statutes,” the FIFA statement said.

“The suspension would be lifted only once the NFF, under President Amaju Pinnick and General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi, confirms that it has been given back effective control of the NFF and its offices.”

“Furthermore, the Bureau decided that if the suspension of the NFF takes effect, the Nigerian team currently competing in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018 will still be allowed to continue to participate in the tournament on an exceptional basis given that the tournament is underway.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-fifa-ag ... ing-terms/
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FG, Fifa Agree on Working Terms

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

There's only one solution. Restore Pinnick,stay out of it then hold elections. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I hope this report is true.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:There's only one solution. Restore Pinnick,stay out of it then hold elections. :thumb:
Obey the court orders!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Follow FIFA statutes or stop been a member of FIFA it is that simple. Every member follow the statues. The NASS need to domicile the FIFA statues to prevent this from happening again.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sai Baba, Sai Dalung the Donkey
http://www.naijiant.com/
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

From VP'S aide.
Laolu Akande twitter handle.

The FG has already conveyed to FIFA its firm position recognizing Amaju Pinnick-led NFF as the current & only NFF Exco. Govt will also continue to work with all relevant stakeholders involved to resolve dispute in a timely manner. FG is upholding NFF treaty obligations to FIFA
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Chris Giwa should focus his energy on winning the next elections.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Giwa can only contest if FIFA lifts his suspension.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Purity wrote:From VP'S aide.

The FG has already conveyed to FIFA its firm position recognizing Amaju Pinnick-led NFF as the current & only NFF Exco. Govt will also continue to work with all relevant stakeholders involved to resolve dispute in a timely manner. FG is upholding NFF treaty obligations to FIFA
Not good enough. Giwa has to either withdraw his lawsuit or the judge has to rule that Giwa has no case. I hope fifa doesn’t fall for this trick.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Not good enough. Giwa has to either withdraw his lawsuit or the judge has to rule that Giwa has no case. I hope fifa doesn’t fall for this trick.
Withdraw based on what?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Purity wrote:From VP'S aide.

FIFA should also give a final warning. Next time it will be an immediate ban. Advise Nigeria to domicile FIFA statues to prevent this from happening again. Nigeria courts should be banned from hearing civil issues involving internal BFF conflicts. Nigerian courts should only hear criminal cases. Civil issues should be heard by a FIFA recognized court. That is the rule that every member follow.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Goldleaf wrote:Chris Giwa should focus his energy on winning the next elections.
He can't run. He is currently banned by FIFA.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Chris Giwa should focus his energy on winning the next elections.
He can't run. He is currently banned by FIFA.

ohenhen1,

Not so fast. Pinnock had a recent Congress in Benin where an olive branch was offered to Giwa. This offer includes immediate lifting of his ban and allowing his club back in to the league conditioned on withdrawal of court cases. This had a 14-day deadline. Gina has not accepted the offer.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't want Chris Giwa to be part of Nigerian football. Pinnick would be stupid to lift the ban. Seek a life time ban.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't want Chris Giwa to be part of Nigerian football. Pinnick would be stupid to lift the ban. Seek a life time ban.

Ohenhen1,

TBH, it was a stupid offer in my view but that is what is on the table. I somewhat believe that someone in the government may have played a role in getting Pinnick's group to make such an offer. My concern is that it encourages similar conflicts in the future. I personally want this ban to stick as a lesson for others. Remember Baribote was once ban but that was lifted for peace. Now, Baribote has joined Giwa in this case. They apparently do not consider the ban as something that lasts in Nigeria. You can always beg and have it lifted. So why care?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:ohenhen1,

Not so fast. Pinnock had a recent Congress in Benin where an olive branch was offered to Giwa. This offer includes immediate lifting of his ban and allowing his club back in to the league conditioned on withdrawal of court cases. This had a 14-day deadline. Gina has not accepted the offer.
Enugu II, the offer included Giwa should sign an affidavit that they will not take the NFF to court and the ban will be lifted.

Why doesn't the NFF lift the ban and then Giwa signs an affidavit, not the other way round.

Giwa has been here with the NFF before. The NFF didn't honour there side of the bargain. If I am lying, please call me out.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:Ohenhen1,

TBH, it was a stupid offer in my view but that is what is on the table. I somewhat believe that someone in the government may have played a role in getting Pinnick's group to make such an offer. My concern is that it encourages similar conflicts in the future. I personally want this ban to stick as a lesson for others. Remember Baribote was once ban but that was lifted for peace. Now, Baribote has joined Giwa in this case. They apparently do not consider the ban as something that lasts in Nigeria. You can always beg and have it lifted. So why care?
Enugu II, this is the hardline approach that will not work. If Giwa case gets to the Supreme Court and he wins, what next?

The someone in govt referred to is the Sport Minister, okay. Everything na Sports Minister.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What next?

Nigeria will be banned if he continues with his court case.

Nigeria players currently in Nigeria should sort out their transfers quickly.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:There's only one solution. Restore Pinnick,stay out of it then hold elections. :thumb:
Personally, I fail to see the reason for all the crisis or chaos. Like you said Emir, why don't they wait and fight it out with ballot papers?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:
Obey the court orders!
... what court orders? The Court should not have ruled on the matter. In another word, the court has no jurisdiction on the matter
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Ohenhen1,

Enugu II, this is the hardline approach that will not work. If Giwa case gets to the Supreme Court and he wins, what next?

The someone in govt referred to is the Sport Minister, okay. Everything na Sports Minister.

:lol: :lol: :lol: it must be nice to have pipe dreams.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

KPAM :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: and that is if his ban is lifted by FIFA