Ndidi signs new six year deal with LC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ndidi signs new six year deal with LC

Post by King Futcha »

Wilfred Ndidi: Leicester midfielder signs new six-year deal

Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi has signed a new six-year deal with Leicester City.

The 21-year-old midfielder has made 63 appearances for the Foxes since joining from Genk for £15m in January 2017.

Ndidi has won the club's young player of the year award in consecutive seasons at King Power Stadium.

"I have enjoyed every moment of my time with the football club, so I'm thrilled to be here for six more years," Ndidi told Leicester's website.

He added: "Together with my team-mates and our wonderful supporters, I hope we can look forward to many more fantastic moments."

Ndidi started all three games for Nigeria at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, as they finished third in Group D behind Croatia and Argentina.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45241997
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi signs new six year deal with LC

Post by jette1 »

6 years? not totally a great idea to get locked into that long of a contract but depends on how much
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Six years is too much. They knew he is good, so they want to secure his signature
for a future trade or at signing price if he stays.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Bad idea, but good decision
Ndidi knows his level
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rawlings wrote:Bad idea, but good decision
Ndidi knows his level
any Ghananese signings this window
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

6 year deal doesn't tie him down to Leicester. He will go if there is a good offer for him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Wilfred Ndidi signs new six year deal with Leicester that will keep at King Power Stadium until 2024 - See more at: https://goo.gl/QtbfJc

Leicester are smart. Any team wishing to prize Ndidi away over the next six years will have to pay through the nose now. I can see him playing at Barcelona or Real Madrid within the next three years.

He is such a magnificent ball winner, his services will always be in need. A midfielder who keeps the ball is worth his weight in gold.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Is it a good deal? Yes, Ndidi. :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.naijiant.com/
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Wilfred Ndidi signs new six year deal with Leicester that will keep at King Power Stadium until 2024 - See more at: https://goo.gl/QtbfJc

Leicester are smart. Any team wishing to prize Ndidi away over the next six years will have to pay through the nose now. I can see him playing at Barcelona or Real Madrid within the next three years.

He is such a magnificent ball winner, his services will always be in need. A midfielder who keeps the ball is worth his weight in gold.
Ayo done come again o :laugh: :laugh:
abeg dont jinx the bobo with you predictions...
where is Chrisantus these days? :taunt:
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Wilfred Ndidi signs new six year deal with Leicester that will keep at King Power Stadium until 2024 - See more at: https://goo.gl/QtbfJc

Ayo done come again o :laugh: :laugh:
abeg dont jinx the bobo with you predictions...
where is Chrisantus these days? :taunt:
Well if that is to be true he has a lot to work on to improve in his game, just look what the likes of Kovacic, that couldn't get much PT with Real, has started doing. No be by mouth, theres a big gulf in where he's currently at and where a Real level midfielder needs to be at...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Lol...Seems more like LFC is getting ready to sell him and the first step in that na long term contract..that ups his price...na dat and buyout clause be the money spinners
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Unless it included an exit clause, it's a bad and shortsighted idea.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:Unless it included an exit clause, it's a bad and shortsighted idea.
:lol: :lol: :lol: JW talking. Do you know how much he will earn? Like most contracts it would be subject to review and his wages will rise according to performance. This is not slavery. Anyone that wants to take Ndidi away from Leicester would have to pay a huge transfer fee to his club. The club are showing faith in him and making sure they don't lose him for peanuts.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Strange how people sit with bowls of nkwobi and stout in front of them, never saw the contract terms ,they see 6 years and they start shouting with mouthful of oily nkwobi....MBA mba the contract is not good. Tell me how come you know this without the details......don't tell me it was inspired by the stout and nkwobi
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

oloye wrote:Strange how people sit with bowls of nkwobi and stout in front of them, never saw the contract terms ,they see 6 years and they start shouting with mouthful of oily nkwobi....MBA mba the contract is not good. Tell me how come you know this without the details......don't tell me it was inspired by the stout and nkwobi
:lol: :lol: :lol: The only thing incorrect here is that 1naija prefers Johnnie Walker with his nkwobi.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:Unless it included an exit clause, it's a bad and shortsighted idea.
:lol: :lol: :lol: JW talking. Do you know how much he will earn? Like most contracts it would be subject to review and his wages will rise according to performance. This is not slavery. Anyone that wants to take Ndidi away from Leicester would have to pay a huge transfer fee to his club. The club are showing faith in him and making sure they don't lose him for peanuts.
No i don't know how much he will earn but i am sure you do since you have a copy of the contract. This is what happens when you have hungry people advise you during contract negotiations. They do so through the prism of their own broke azzes. What has how much he will earn got do with anything?. If he is health and continues to perform as he is now, he will at the minimum earn the same as he is earning now whether he is with Leicester or not.

But if Leicester goes down to division 2, which is very possible given they didnt finish that much higher than the bottom 3 last season, and they lost more talent than they added during the summer, he will be stuck in div 2 for 5 for more years all because some broke azz wannabe blogger told him ..."oboy, 6 year contract? That na huge money o. God don butter your bread be that. BROS, abeg Rush sign the contract before God cancel you blessing".
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:Strange how people sit with bowls of nkwobi and stout in front of them, never saw the contract terms ,they see 6 years and they start shouting with mouthful of oily nkwobi....MBA mba the contract is not good. Tell me how come you know this without the details......don't tell me it was inspired by the stout and nkwobi
I think the fact people who have seen and signed numerous long term contract have been reduced to sharing their blissful long term contract experiences with Nkwobi eating CE members and broke azz bloggers is more proof that signing shortsighted long term contract may not be the right thing for Ndidi. We dont want Ndidi to start contributing regularly on CE because he signed ill advised long term contract. :D
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
No i don't know how much he will earn but i am sure you do since you have a copy of the contract. This is what happens when you have hungry people advise you during contract negotiations. They do so through the prism of their own broke azzes. What has how much he will earn got do with anything?. If he is health and continues to perform as he is now, he will at the minimum earn the same as he is earning now whether he is with Leicester or not.

But if Leicester goes down to division 2,
which is very possible given they didnt finish that much higher than the bottom 3 last season, and they lost more talent than they added during the summer, he will be stuck in div 2 for 5 for more years all because some broke azz wannabe blogger told him ..."oboy, 6 year contract? That na huge money o. God don butter your bread be that. BROS, abeg Rush sign the contract before God cancel you blessing".
Stop exposing your 'football-know-nothingness' :lol: :lol: :lol: ....................the DAFTNESS player agent knows that the most important clause in their GOOD player's contract is always 'free agency once the club drops down'.
Anyway na nwobi and JW :mrgreen: dey talk. :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

But if Leicester goes down to division 2, which is very possible given they didnt finish that much higher than the bottom 3 last season, and they lost more talent than they added during the summer, he will be stuck in div 2 for 5 for more years all because some broke azz wannabe blogger told him ..."oboy, 6 year contract? That na huge money o. God don butter your bread be that. BROS, abeg Rush sign the contract before God cancel you blessing".

Emmm most contracts ( good ones ) have free agency if the team drops down.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

zee wrote:
1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

which is very possible given they didnt finish that much higher than the bottom 3 last season, and they lost more talent than they added during the summer, he will be stuck in div 2 for 5 for more years all because some broke azz wannabe blogger told him ..."oboy, 6 year contract? That na huge money o. God don butter your bread be that. BROS, abeg Rush sign the contract before God cancel you blessing".
Stop exposing your 'football-know-nothingness' :lol: :lol: :lol: ....................the DAFTNESS player agent knows that the most important clause in their GOOD player's contract is always 'free agency once the club drops down'.

Another "God dey" contributor to the subject. Go and tell that to the players stuck on the teams that were relegated last season. Besides doing CE expert negotiator , you would have noticed the phrase ...unless it has an exit clause...in my initial post. Perhaps i provide you a list of long term contracts that didnt end well.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:
zee wrote:
1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Another "God dey" contributor to the subject. Go and tell that to the players stuck on the teams that were relegated last season. Besides doing CE expert negotiator , you would have noticed the phrase ...unless it has an exit clause...in my initial post. Perhaps i provide you a list of long term contracts that didnt end well.
Don't you have any shame? :mrgreen:
My man just face your JW and nwobi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..............and leave football to folks that KNOW IT.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You clearly don't know how these things work.

To tie Ndidi down to a long term deal, means he is now earning the going rate for a first teamer in the EPL outside the big clubs - that's at least £100,000 a week basic, and a lot more than his 1st contract when he came from Belgium. This would ensure the only people that can come for him now are the big clubs that will pay more than that and afford the huge transfer fee that a long contract attracts.

The contract is bound to be performance-related on both sides. This means it is subject to review each year or every couple of years. This could include stuff like if the club qualifies for Europe, how many games Ndidi plays, etc.

All players at the club would have their contracts reviewed if the club goes down. For starters, dropping a division means less income. So they can't pay EPL wages, which means renegotiating deals.

Leicester are just covering their backs by securing Ndidi on a long-term deal. He will earn more than he is earning now. There will be clauses to improve his pay as long as he keeps playing up to current standards - they have to do this or other clubs will come offering him more money. What this deal has done is ensure that if he leaves Leicester, it is likely to be to a much bigger club and the club will make a ton of money from the fee.

You can thank me later. Or you could ask the agents here is if what I said is how it goes down.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You clearly don't know how these things work.

To tie Ndidi down to a long term deal, means he is now earning the going rate for a first teamer in the EPL outside the big clubs - that's at least £100,000 a week basic, and a lot more than his 1st contract when he came from Belgium. This would ensure the only people that can come for him now are the big clubs that will pay more than that and afford the huge transfer fee that a long contract attracts.

The contract is bound to be performance-related on both sides. This means it is subject to review each year or every couple of years. This could include stuff like if the club qualifies for Europe, how many games Ndidi plays, etc.

All players at the club would have their contracts reviewed if the club goes down. For starters, dropping a division means less income. So they can't pay EPL wages, which means renegotiating deals.

Leicester are just covering their backs by securing Ndidi on a long-term deal. He will earn more than he is earning now. There will be clauses to improve his pay as long as he keeps playing up to current standards - they have to do this or other clubs will come offering him more money. What this deal has done is ensure that if he leaves Leicester, it is likely to be to a much bigger club and the club will make a ton of money from the fee.

You can thank me later. Or you could ask the agents here is if what I said is how it goes down.
You pass a lot of gibberish as fact. Are you suggesting Ndidi would not have been eligible for the supposedly minimum £100,000 per week if he signed a 3 years contract as opposed to a 6 year contract? My problem is with the length of the contract and not that he stayed with Leicester.

The issue here is you are making same assumption that people who think is a bad idea to sign such a long term contract made, yet you think your position is superior. You have not seen the contract so everything you are saying is mere assumption. There have been several Nigerian players whose careers were ruined because they signed these long term slave contracts and later discovered they were stuck. If all long term contracts were so great why didn't theirs work out?

I maintain that unless he has an escape clause in the contract, it's not necessarily a good idea. Your argument suggests it's a good idea even if he has no exit clause in it because he would be making £100,000 per week. That's silly and taken from a "hungry man" position!