Spanish 2nd division side Elche looks to take Uzoho on loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Spanish 2nd division side Elche looks to take Uzoho on loan

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spanish second division side Elche opens talks with Deportivo about taking Uzoho on loan - See more at: https://goo.gl/MnoFVn

This young man just needs to see regular action. I hope he has a great Nations Cup, so he can move in January to one of the big boys.
Paveman
Egg
Egg
Re: Spanish 2nd division side Elche looks to take Uzoho on l

Post by Paveman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spanish second division side Elche opens talks with Deportivo about taking Uzoho on loan - See more at: https://goo.gl/MnoFVn

This young man just needs to see regular action. I hope he has a great Nations Cup, so he can move in January to one of the big boys.
Hope this materialises. He needs to move to a club where he is given a starting role.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am for any move that grants him weekly competitive starts.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Elche sign Uzoho on a season long loan from Depirtivi La Coruna. Good move for the young lad.
I am happy
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Dammy wrote:Elche sign Uzoho on a season long loan from Depirtivi La Coruna. Good move for the young lad.
I hope he will use the opportunity to enhance his reaction's time. That's a major weakness in his game otherwise he is a good goalkeeper
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote:Elche sign Uzoho on a season long loan from Depirtivi La Coruna. Good move for the young lad.
Is it official?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Paveman wrote:
Is it official?
According to reports it has to be confirmed by la liague before it is made official . Everything being equal it seems the deal will go through but we have to keep our fingers crossed hoping and pray the deal does not fail at last minute like Etisi deal with Levante.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

here is the latest on him.

The last hurdle is the Liga de Fútbol Profesional (LFP) who has to approve the loan.

https://guardian.ng/sport/uzoho-joins-s ... e-on-loan/
Super Eagles’ number one goalkeeper at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Francis Odinaka Uzoho has agreed to join relegated Elche on loan for the new Spanish campaign.

After failing to hold down a place in the main squad at equally relegated Deportivo La Coruna, Uzoho will now aim to be number one choice at Elche, who have received him in a season long loan deal.

Uzoho could be headed for a huge impact as first choice at Elche, who were thrown out of the top division in Spain as a punishment for not paying tax debts, despite finishing 13th on the table.

However, despite agreeing a loan deal with Deportivo La Coruna for Uzoho, the keeper’s move still has to be approved by the board of La Liga.

With that done, Elche will immediately register Uzoho and he will automatically become their first choice goalkeeper, with two youth team shot stoppers set to deputise for him.

Elche have already exceeded their budgetary limit and have to seek approval from Liga de Fútbol Profesional (LFP) before signing the Nigeria international.

Spanish clubs have spending limits denoting the maximum amount that each club can spend during the season, including spending in relation to players’ fixed and variable wages, social security contributions, collective bonuses and acquisition costs.

Elche are in the market for a goalkeeper following the return of Unai Simón to Athlétic de Bilbao last week, and had to name a youth-team goalkeeper Adrián Real on the bench in their goalless draw with Granada last weekend.

Before now, Uzoho had been told he would remain third choice at Deportivo despite his exploits at the World Cup, such that moving to Elche will help him keep his spot as Eagles’ number one keeper ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers next month.

Uzoho has seen his stock rise after he became one of the youngest goalkeepers in the history of the World Cup and no longer wants to play second fiddle at Deportivo.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:
Is it official?
It's official now. It's on Elche's social media platforms.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!