Balogun sticks his boot up Borinho's behind

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Balogun sticks his boot up Borinho's behind

Post by cic old boy »

Balo get bad mouth oh!
Brighton new boy Leon Balogun shocked at Manchester United’s ‘slow’ football

• ‘The lads told me this is the kind of game against United’
• New defender expects Anfield on Saturday to be much harder
Jacob Steinberg
@JacobSteinberg
Mon 20 Aug 2018 22.30 BST Last modified on Mon 20 Aug 2018 23.50 BST

Brighton’s Leon Balogun has said that he was surprised by Manchester United’s slow football in the 3-2 defeat to his new club on Sunday.

Albion’s centre-back was under the impression that the Premier League would be faster than the Bundesliga after leaving Mainz on a free transfer, although his observations about United’s attacking approach probably revealed more about José Mourinho’s methods than the overall state of English football.

It was a dismal effort from United and Balogun said the game would probably be played at a quicker pace when Brighton visit Anfield on Saturday. “Some of the lads have just asked me that too and I said I had expected the Premier League to be quicker, but they told me this is always the kind of game you play against United,” the Nigeria defender said. “They like to slow it down a little bit sometimes. Liverpool is going to be completely different. I know how [Jürgen] Klopp likes to play. It’s going to be a lot quicker and a lot more intense.”

Brighton restricted United to three shots on target, one of which was Paul Pogba’s consolation penalty, and Shane Duffy revealed they were happy to let Mourinho’s side have the ball in unthreatening areas.

“We know their strengths and we know we’ve had good results and performances against them before,” the Republic of Ireland centre-back said. “We know they’ve got good, quick front players so we just had to match their runs and try to let them play in front of us. It worked and I think they got a little bit frustrated and that was the gameplan.”

Duffy’s delight at scoring Brighton’s second goal was matched by the way Chris Hughton’s side adjusted to losing Lewis Dunk to an ankle injury in the 20th minute. Balogun, who played for his country at the World Cup finals in Russia, came on for his debut and formed an instant understanding with Duffy in central defence.

“He’s fitted straight in,” Duffy said. “He’s a big character in the changing room. He’s got a big voice. He’s played with big players in big games. That’s why you bring in players like that. They push us. He was great. That’s another plus for us, that strength in depth with top players. You pick up injuries and suspensions so you need these kind of players to step in.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... w-football
http://www.naijiant.com/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Balogun sticks his boot up Borinho's behind

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

When will niajant have its own real reporters? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When will niajant have its own real reporters? :laugh:
:lol: There's a job for you when you learn to write in English.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

cic old boy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When will niajant have its own real reporters? :laugh:
Is that why you’re An aggregator for niajant? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cic old boy wrote:

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest , my Belle dey sweet me a lot whenever i watch Ekong and Balo balling .. Balogun is all that and Ekong was top notch vs Parma...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The Big character description fits perfectly from what I saw of him at the team hotel when they came to London. He should be our next captain. Where our current captain shied away and avoided eye contact Balogun laughed and joked with everyone. He engaged my 10yr old son in a 5 minute conversation asking who was his best Naija player, was he sad about the Champions league final (my boy was wearing an LFC top), did he play football, what was his position etc etc. A genuine warm guy. Hopefully he stays clear of Injury and has a great season.
YNWA
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

heavyd wrote:The Big character description fits perfectly from what I saw of him at the team hotel when they came to London. He should be our next captain. Where our current captain shied away and avoided eye contact Balogun laughed and joked with everyone. He engaged my 10yr old son in a 5 minute conversation asking who was his best Naija player, was he sad about the Champions league final (my boy was wearing an LFC top), did he play football, what was his position etc etc. A genuine warm guy. Hopefully he stays clear of Injury and has a great season.
no one cares :arrow: :arrow:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

heavyd wrote:The Big character description fits perfectly from what I saw of him at the team hotel when they came to London. He should be our next captain. Where our current captain shied away and avoided eye contact Balogun laughed and joked with everyone. He engaged my 10yr old son in a 5 minute conversation asking who was his best Naija player, was he sad about the Champions league final (my boy was wearing an LFC top), did he play football, what was his position etc etc. A genuine warm guy. Hopefully he stays clear of Injury and has a great season.

:thumb: :thumb:

Kudos to him. Nevertheless in this case I wish he stayed humble, hungry and quiet about his feelings on United .... he just put a big bullseye on his back with a very large fan base who will be keenly watching and following him a jaundiced eye :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

anikulapo wrote:

Kudos to him. Nevertheless in this case I wish he stayed humble, hungry and quiet about his feelings on United .... he just put a big bullseye on his back with a very large fan base who will be keenly watching and following him a jaundiced eye :idea:
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Mourinho strict 'defend first' mentality is what's killing his team.
What with an abundant set of attacking talents who are reduced to helping
park the bus?
If this continues, I will not be shocked if by December ManU is out of CL contention.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Balogun for wait small until dem play Manchester city or even Arsenal.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

anikulapo wrote:

i dont think he said anything out of turn. He just stated that he expected a tougher game. His Teamate also said similar so i doubt he will be targeted by anybody
YNWA
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:Balogun for wait small until dem play Manchester city or even Arsenal.
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Good start for him ....but wait until you play against Salah, Mane, Aguero, Kane, Aubameyang or Sane.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

heavyd wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

i dont think he said anything out of turn. He just stated that he expected a tougher game. His Teamate also said similar so i doubt he will be targeted by anybody

Ahhhh on second thought never mind ..... carry on. I guess calling out United for being slow and saying you expect a better challenge from their fiercest rival means nada .... Ok I guess everyone needs advisors and enablers like you :D

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:Balogun for wait small until dem play Manchester city or even Arsenal.
They shouldn't have a problem with Arsenal. :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
They shouldn't have a problem with Arsenal. :taunt:
I expect 3 shaku shaku dances that day.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:
I expect 3 shaku shaku dances that day.
A Balogun hat-trick :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Balogun will have many United fans watching him today :taunt:

MLK.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anikulapo wrote:Balogun will have many United fans watching him today :taunt:

That's like Ghananese that root for other to do to the SE what they cold only dream of.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Well Mo Salah don ring up One ... Nothin Leon could do there but to yell and point at his midfielders

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Balogun has been solid through one half ...: one goal conceded was through a muppet giving the ball away needlessly in the midfield and then a silky finish by Salah

MLK.