TAKE A LOOK INSIDE BELOVED SPORTSCITY SURULERE - VIDEO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE BELOVED SPORTSCITY SURULERE - VIDEO

Post by jette1 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/45211784

can still be easily salvaged
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TAKE A LOOK INSIDE BELOVED SPORTSCITY SURULERE - VIDEO

Post by Dammy »

Lagos State government is trying to take over the facility and remodel it but powerful forces at the federal level are not allowing it to happen for selfish interests.
I am happy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dammy wrote:Lagos State government is trying to take over the facility and remodel it but powerful forces at the federal level are not allowing it to happen for selfish interests.
the thing is - no reliable go-to news source to ascertain what's actually happening
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they way dem dey read the teleprompter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i wonder which kind naija accent be that
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Have they done an integrity test on the struture?

I though LASG was going to take over.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sam Agunsoye
Egg
Egg

Post by Sam Agunsoye »

Saw the video and wept for dearest country. I remembered watching matches there and with the current state, it’s gonna take a brave a honest group of people that will bring the list glory back.
Experience of recent occurrence involving current minister of sport, this is where I am expecting him to be fire front leading true integrity to restore but as it is obvious they’re not interested.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sam Agunsoye wrote:Saw the video and wept for dearest country. I remembered watching matches there and with the current state, it’s gonna take a brave a honest group of people that will bring the list glory back.
Experience of recent occurrence involving current minister of sport, this is where I am expecting him to be fire front leading true integrity to restore but as it is obvious they’re not interested.
I used to live near the stadium. I remember walking to matches to watch the Eagles play.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

At this point, might as well rip the stadium down and rebuild a brand new world class complex. The stadium in its current state is unsalvageable. Anyone that thinks it is does not understand how modern construction costs work.

Besides, that Surulere area has a host of issues with traffic flow and mass transit that must be resolved for the stadium to be viable in the long term.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Sam Agunsoye wrote:Saw the video and wept for dearest country. I remembered watching matches there and with the current state, it’s gonna take a brave a honest group of people that will bring the list glory back.
I used to live near the stadium. I remember walking to matches to watch the Eagles play.
So you be my Area boy. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

charlie wrote:At this point, might as well rip the stadium down and rebuild a brand new world class complex. The stadium in its current state is unsalvageable. Anyone that thinks it is does not understand how modern construction costs work.

Besides, that Surulere area has a host of issues with traffic flow and mass transit that must be resolved for the stadium to be viable in the long term.
You're on to something here.

While you can technically 'fix' this stadium, should it actually even be fixed? Probably not! It's quite small for what Lagos needs. But I wonder, if the government builds a new stadium, how do we know that one will be maintained? Finally, how would that stack up with all of Lagos' other priorities?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
So you be my Area boy. :thumb:
I lived in Aguda...
Usually took the bus to Masha and walked the rest of the way... great times :thumb:
YNWA
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Oba wrote:
charlie wrote:At this point, might as well rip the stadium down and rebuild a brand new world class complex. The stadium in its current state is unsalvageable. Anyone that thinks it is does not understand how modern construction costs work.

While you can technically 'fix' this stadium, should it actually even be fixed? Probably not! It's quite small for what Lagos needs. But I wonder, if the government builds a new stadium, how do we know that one will be maintained? Finally, how would that stack up with all of Lagos' other priorities?
Small for what Lagos needs, how many people watch football in Lagos A 70k seater small?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
Oba wrote:

Small for what Lagos needs, how many people watch football in Lagos A 70k seater small?

Its not just the stadium that needs to be fixed.

You need to setup a housing/hotel complexes so you can receive out of town visitors without them having to deal with transportation issues to and from the stadium.

You need to completely overhaul the traffic flow in and around the stadium so there are no bottlenecks. This means building car/bus parks, and maybe even a light rail tram/mag-rail system. If you wanted to do this properly, you will connect the rail system back to Murtala Mohammed International Airport (much more expensive and politically charged subject though)

And you need to build a host of sub-facilities to take care of visitors to the stadium (shopping districts, resturants and sport bars, night-clubs, out-door parks - already there but all need upgrading, etc).

For those that live in NY, the same issue came up with whether to refurbish the old Yankee stadium, or rebuild a new stadium next door and tear down the old one. It eventually was much cheaper to just rebuild a new stadium, for many of the reasons mentioned above.

I know the national stadium complex is a touchy subject amongst many for obvious reasons (iconic, historic), but its time has passed and its time to bring it into the 21st century. If you are going to redo that complex, might as well build something worthy to one day bring grade A international tournaments (or maybe even a WC) to lagos one day.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it