Rohr plans to talk Moses out of international retirement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rohr plans to talk Moses out of international retirement

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rohr refuses to accept Moses' retirement and plans to talk him into returning to the Super Eagles - See more at: https://goo.gl/cTTDVU

I guess you have to give it to Rohr. He knows his players better than anyone else, so will know who he needs in the team. If he feels that the likes of Samuel Kalu are not yet ready and the likes of Kelechi Iheaacho are not good enough, then I guess he is right to ask Moses to stay on for now.

With Tyronne Ebuehi out injured, he may actually want Moses as hos right wingback for the time being. Maybe after the 2019 Nations Cup, Moses can be allowed to retire.
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr plans to talk Moses out of international retirement

Post by Bestplayer »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr refuses to accept Moses' retirement and plans to talk him into returning to the Super Eagles - See more at: https://goo.gl/cTTDVU

I guess you have to give it to Rohr. He knows his players better than anyone else, so will know who he needs in the team. If he feels that the likes of Samuel Kalu are not yet ready and the likes of Kelechi Iheaacho are not good enough, then I guess he is right to ask Moses to stay on for now.

With Tyronne Ebuehi out injured, he may actually want Moses as hos right wingback for the time being. Maybe after the 2019 Nations Cup, Moses can be allowed to retire.
Rohr should just do right thing and resign. Shameless fraud :mad:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Let the man be. He has done well for Nigeria. Others need to step up to replace him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:Let the man be. He has done well for Nigeria. Others need to step up to replace him.
Chief, shows you the coach we have.

Did you not read KOC tweet?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Let the man be. He has done well for Nigeria. Others need to step up to replace him.

please where can I read the tweet?
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Make Rohr leave the guy be!! Move on Coach. VM has served his country well. Look for replacements now. Give other players a chance. Coach stop beating a dead horse.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bully12 wrote:
fabio wrote:

please where can I read the tweet?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290765&hilit=moses&start=46
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Some say Victor Moses should be allowed to go, this and that. While I agree no one is irreplaceable, do we have a replacement for him yet?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

No matter which way people try to explain it.

Moses' retirement from the SE is bizarre and uncommon.

There is still a lot more that we should be expecting from Moses, but alas he has decided that we are not his priority.

I wish him all the best in his club endeavours, and only he knows what is good for him.

but as a fan, it is not 'desirable'. Just like Mikel's decision to go to Tianjin was not desirable, Musa's decision to go to the Gulf was not desirable etc.

All this brings into question the interesting dialectic between what is good for the fans and what is good for the players. I think the right answer is somewhere in between my opinion and those that agree with everything that players do.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr refuses to accept Moses' retirement and plans to talk him into returning to the Super Eagles - See more at: https://goo.gl/cTTDVU

I don't know what convincing Moses to come back has to do with others not being ready or good enough. Just seems like an unnecessary attempt to denigrate others.

Moses is one of our best players and is right in the athletic prime of his career, only two years older than someone like Pogba who France will probably plan to use for two more World Cups. Players in serious countries do not retire from international play at 27 unless there is acrimony with the federation, disagreements with the current coach/groups of players, or a good chance they will not be called up again. To our knowledge, Victor does not fit any of these categories, so it only makes sense for the coach to reach out to him and try to being him back into the fold. It is very strange for his international career to end right now. We have three qualifying campaigns and hopefully three major tournaments in the next three years, we need as many options as possible.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

My guess is :
maybe it's too traumatic for him to play / train in Nigeria given the death of his parents there.
Although being a little pikni at the time he may still have vivid memories.

Vic Moses is definitely still one of the top ballers world wide.

Hope he comes back.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

blueangel wrote:My guess is :
maybe it's too traumatic for him to play / train in Nigeria given the death of his parents there.

Hope he comes back
Kpom to the FULLEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hope he comes back.
I dunno why, but he never seems to want to be part of the SE group outside of the pitch, you never saw him in any team building activities our boys did leading up to the world cup. He seems like a loner and I'm not sure if its because of what happened to his parents.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Hope he comes back.
This could be it.

I had forgotten about that when I made my own post for some reason.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope he succeeds in convincing Moses to reverse his decision.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:

Hope he comes back.
I dunno why, but he never seems to want to be part of the SE group outside of the pitch, you never saw him in any team building activities our boys did leading up to the world cup. He seems like a loner and I'm not sure if its because of what happened to his parents.
What happened to his parents or should we let that one lie...?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Hope he comes back.

Reportedly killed in religious riots.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ew-chelsea
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:

Hope he comes back.

This.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Hope he comes back.

But some people on this forum say it never happened and he goes back to visit his parents from time to time, so who knows what to believe...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Hope he comes back.

But some people on this forum say it never happened and he goes back to visit his parents from time to time, so who knows what to believe...

Yea that's why i said "reportedly"

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

How could it have anything to do with his parents? The boy has played in 2 WC's and won an ANC wearing the GWG.

It took a while for VM to settle at club level and there is a high risk of him losing his first team spot under the new manager. The lad simply has his club career in view. He has always been a bit of a loner but that has never affected his performances on the pitch.

Rohr trying to talk him into rescinding his decision, on the back of a public announcement, may not be a wise thing to do. Especially if he didn't discuss his decision with the coach and skipper before hand.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mr Shows wrote:How could it have anything to do with his parents? The boy has played in 2 WC's and won an ANC wearing the GWG.

It took a while for VM to settle at club level and there is a high risk of him losing his first team spot under the new manager. The lad simply has his club career in view. He has always been a bit of a loner but that has never affected his performances on the pitch.

Rohr trying to talk him into rescinding his decision, on the back of a public announcement, may not be a wise thing to do. Especially if he didn't discuss his decision with the coach and skipper before hand.
what does he had to do? If he says no, then the status quo remains. Perhaps he could address any issues vic mo has to accomodate him and convince him to return (i.e. if his resons were pretextual)

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hope he comes back.
:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good point or observation; however, we will never know. Until Moses voices his pain and seek help from the NFF or his teammates, he will ONLY continue to suffer in silence until the pain becomes unbearable for him .
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.