THis is what Rohr's 24 should look like

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
THis is what Rohr's 24 should look like

Post by chief nfachairman »

If i were to draw up a 24man list for Seychelles, based on performance (been tracking them lately), lenght of stay in the team etc, this would be my 24.

FROM WC 23

Keepers
1.Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba)
2.Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United/RSA)
3.Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna/ESP)

Defenders:
4.William Troost-Ekong (Udinese/Serie A) - played games for Bursa and Udinese
5.Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove Albion/ENG) - Sat out last weekend, subbed in this weekend and was pretty good.
6. Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes /La Liga) - Still no game this season. Late starter like last season. He shouldnt be in this list but ..
7.Bryan Idowu (Lokomotiv Moscow/RUS) - unused sub in the last 2 weeks. No other option except homebased players
8.Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto/POR) - unused sub in the last 2 games

Midfielders:
9.John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva/ISR) - League hasnt started but played in most of their games in Europe.
10.Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor/TUR) started the last 2 games but his ratings havent been too good
11. Oghenekaro Etebo (Stoke City - Championship) - subbed in the last 2 games
12.Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City/ENG) - STarted the last 2 games
13. Joel Obi (Chievo Verona/ITA) - Came in as a 78min sub this weekend.
14.Alex Iwobi (Arsenal/ENG) - Unused sub in the first game, started second game

Forwards:
15.Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai/CHN) - Hanging tins in china
16.Ahmed Musa (Al Nasser/ Saudi Arabia) - Hung in his first game
17. Kelechi Iheanacho(Leicester City/ENG) - STarted 1st game, subbed in 2nd game

OTHERS

Defence
18. Ola Aina - Played first game for Torino
19. Musa Mohammed - He shouldn't make this list but we are short of fullbacks and Musa has worked with Rohr previously

MIdfield
20.Uche Agbo - Been a regular even played in CL qualification
21.Muazzam - PLayed every single game for Nacional in portugal

Attack
22.Samuel Kalu - Dude played the last game for Bordeaux. We need to start looking for a Vic Mo replacement
23.Henry Onyekuru - Played all Gala games and also scored. He has worked with ROhr before
24.Awoniyi - Inform striker. Moses is out injured

Stephen Eze might just make it for Omeruo or Awaziem
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: THis is what Rohr's 24 should look like

Post by bully12 »

I could have said add Kelechi Nwakali to the group but honestly I don't know
what is wrong with him and his handlers. Surely they have misplaced priorities .
Maybe who knows bring him and see what he is capable of.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bully12 wrote:I could have said add Kelechi Nwakali to the group but honestly I don't know
what is wrong with him and his handlers. Surely they have misplaced priorities .
I was honestly surprised at his move to Porto B. Even a move to Turkey, Belgium or even RUssia would have been far better than porto B
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I expect one of Omeruo or Awaziem to drop out due to inactivity, probably Omeruo as Awaziem played in pre season while Omeruo did not.
There are strong rumours that Rotherham's Semi Ajayi, who's had a good start to the season in the championship has been given his maiden SE invitation, if true, Omeruo will miss out.
Also Kelechi Nwakili has been invited to replace Mikel and Samuel Kalu has been invited to replace Victor Moses according to reports.
I am happy
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

chief nfachairman wrote:If i were to draw up a 24man list for Seychelles, based on performance (been tracking them lately), lenght of stay in the team etc, this would be my 24.

FROM WC 23

Keepers

Defenders:
5.Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove Albion/ENG) - Sat out last weekend, subbed in this weekend and was pretty good.
6. Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes /La Liga) - Still no game this season. Late starter like last season. He shouldnt be in this list but ..
7.Bryan Idowu (Lokomotiv Moscow/RUS) - unused sub in the last 2 weeks. No other option except homebased players

Midfielders:
9.John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva/ISR) - League hasnt started but played in most of their games in Europe.
10.Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor/TUR) started the last 2 games but his ratings havent been too good

Forwards:
17. Kelechi Iheanacho(Leicester City/ENG) - STarted 1st game, subbed in 2nd game

OTHERS

Defence
19. Musa Mohammed - He shouldn't make this list but we are short of fullbacks and Musa has worked with Rohr previously

MIdfield

Attack
22.Samuel Kalu - Dude played the last game for Bordeaux. We need to start looking for a Vic Mo replacement
23.Henry Onyekuru - Played all Gala games and also scored. He has worked with ROhr before

Please drop one of the MFers and add Abdul Ajagun. Abdul has played all 4 games in the Belgian first division this season as an AM. He has seen consistent playing over the past 3 seasons and this being the 4th. For some reason, we keep overlooking exactly what we need. I mean... like he's right there. I rate him ahead of everyone in that MF but Iwobi - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdul-a ... verein/601
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

My little nephew Stanley Amuzie needs to be looked at also. You know he is an Mbaise boy, You can check the history of Eagles see how tough our boys are from Johnny Nwadioha , Patrick Ekeji , Obed Ariri, Stanley Okoronkwo Chidi Nwanu, Benedict Akwuegbe, Alphosus Dike and Ben Iroha. , Surely my little nephew will not be different from any of these aftermentioned players. Above all we don't have any natural left back better than him right now. He has all the attributes the make that position perpetually his.
Last edited by bully12 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
bully12 wrote:I could have said add Kelechi Nwakali to the group but honestly I don't know
I was honestly surprised at his move to Porto B. Even a move to Turkey, Belgium or even RUssia would have been far better than porto B
Did he really know he was going to Porto B and he agreed to it ? Or was he tricked believing he was joining the main team because he seemed highly excited when the deal went through.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:I expect one of Omeruo or Awaziem to drop out due to inactivity, probably Omeruo as Awaziem played in pre season while Omeruo did not.
There are strong rumours that Rotherham's Semi Ajayi, who's had a good start to the season in the championship has been given his maiden SE invitation, if true, Omeruo will miss out.
Also Kelechi Nwakili has been invited to replace Mikel and Samuel Kalu has been invited to replace Victor Moses according to reports.
Yea. I believe Omeruo or Awaziem shoudl be dropped.Again, ROhr can spring a surprise and bring in one of the Foreign born defenders that have not yet totally rejected Nigeria like Udokhai.

Again, Most times, Owngoal has been wrong on most of the "purported" invites.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

icee wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:If i were to draw up a 24man list for Seychelles, based on performance (been tracking them lately), lenght of stay in the team etc, this would be my 24.

FROM WC 23

Keepers

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

OTHERS

Defence

MIdfield

Attack

Please drop one of the MFers and add Abdul Ajagun. Abdul has played all 4 games in the Belgian first division this season as an AM. He has seen consistent playing over the past 3 seasons and this being the 4th. For some reason, we keep overlooking exactly what we need. I mean... like he's right there. I rate him ahead of everyone in that MF but Iwobi - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdul-a ... verein/601

Good point. It could be between Ajagun and Muazzam but i go with Muazzam because he has been in Rohr's camp at different times.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bully12 wrote:My little nephew Stanley Amuzie needs to be looked at also. You know he is an Mbaise boy, You can check the history of Eagles see our tough our boys are from Johnny Nwadioha , Patrick Ekeji , Obed Ariri, Stanley Okoronkwo Chidi Nwanu, Benedict Akwuegbe, Alphosus Dike and Ben Iroha. , Surely my little nephew will not be different from any of these boys.
Bro,
your little nephew has been chopping bench seriously in Switzerland and only came in once as a sub.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Who is Jamiu Collins?

The squad list was just tweeted out by KOC.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Rohr is not in charge of this team....to many problems happened in camp during World Cup. Expect a new coach soon.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany)
Semi Ajayi (Rotherham United, England)
Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux FC, France)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

asabatex wrote:Rohr is not in charge of this team....to many problems happened in camp during World Cup. Expect a new coach soon.
Because he didn't pick your agent?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Dammy wrote:I expect one of Omeruo or Awaziem to drop out due to inactivity, probably Omeruo as Awaziem played in pre season while Omeruo did not.
Yea. I believe Omeruo or Awaziem shoudl be dropped.Again, ROhr can spring a surprise and bring in one of the Foreign born defenders that have not yet totally rejected Nigeria like Udokhai.

Owngoal were dead-on on Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Kalu.We need to really stop the Owngoal bashing. Obviously, they have genuine feelers into the national camp. We chased off muyiwalawal and KOC. Let's be reasonable and give some kudos to the work of Owngoal's intrepid reporters.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/22/a ... tor-moses/

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/23/m ... eychelles/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

ohenhen1 wrote:Who is Jamiu Collins?

The squad list was just tweeted out by KOC.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/24/w ... -passport/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Owngoal were dead-on on Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Kalu.We need to really stop the Owngoal bashing. Obviously, they have genuine feelers into the national camp. We chased off muyiwalawal and KOC. Let's be reasonable and give some kudos to the work of Owngoal's intrepid reporters.

They have gotten enough wrong to make us suspicious of their fake news...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong,

KPOM. I think people are used to being fixated on what Owngoal gets wrong but not the multiple ones that they break. They reality is that if you are going to live on the edge of breaking news, then you cannot get all of them correct. Owngoal, IMHO, has done quite well in breaking news. They have missed a few of them but so what as long as you realize that it is an effort to stay ahead of the news.
Obong wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Obong wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

We all knew Samuel Kalu would be invited. I have been his fan for a while but Gotti kept on bashing him and me and labelled him "TUrn over machine".

As for Owngoal, i post ALOT of stuff from them on this site so i actually do enjoy the site just that alot of times, especially when it comes to Teamlist, they get alot of their speculated callups wrong.

They got Semi right to
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Forwards:
why do you guys keep including these two so called strikers all the time?
Don't u have other options?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Forwards:
why do you guys keep including these two so called strikers all the time?
Don't u have other options?
Diplomat - Rawlings: I guess they are who we have at moment; therefore, we have to keep using them until our stock improves. Who knows, maybe the players themselves might improve as well
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.