List for Seychelles on KOC twitter handle

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: List for Seychelles on KOC twitter handle

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Check your facts...
They were promoted to Bundesliga 2 at the end of last season.
ohenhen1 wrote:Jamilu Collins - Padeborn (Germany)

Germany 3rd division player.

Okay Germany 2nd division.
Don't worry dem go invite your agent soon
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:GK- Uzoho, Enzenwa, Akpeyi

Defenders- Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo, Awaziem, Ajayi, Jamiu Colins?, Aina, Idowu

Midfielders- K Nwakili, Etebo, Ndidi, Onazi, Joel Obi, John Ogu

Forwards/AM- Ighalo, Iheanacho, S Nwankwo, A Musa, Iwobi, Onyekuru, S Kalu

No Awoniyi?

Who is Jamiu Collins?

The former Arsenal defender Ajayi now at Rotterdam in the Championship?

Still calling China and Saudi Arabia based players?

Rohr has made some good callups with Nwakali, Kalu, and Onyekuru, Aina

However much of this is due to injury and retirement.

I would still like Rohr to be more bold. I would rather see Success for Ighalo, also I don't think it makes much sense to keep calling John Ogu, I think we need to look past him to younger midfielders, a guy like Chidebere Nwakali (who IMO had a better game than his younger brother against Atletico) or Usman Muhammad.

I also see no reason for Akpeyi to be continued to be called up.

Awoniyi frankly hasn't done enough to warrant being called up, but he should be monitored and is on the cusp.

Overall this is a decent squad, I give it a 7.5 out of 10 overall.

We get to see Kelechi Nwakali. If the boy cannot shine against Seychelles, then perhaps the hype machine behind him is too much.
Awoniyi hasn't done anything to deserve call up but success has?? Lol.. funny.
What exactly has success done to deserve call up..
State pure facts please and not feelings.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Please tell us when a HB player last kicked a competitive ball?
Its obvious the league is in recess, thanks to the shenanigans of your principle, Giwa.
Thus, it would have been absolutely asinine to invite an HB outfield player at this time.
What has Giwa got to do with the league?

The hypocrisy of your principal Pinnick sinks to high heavens. Pinnick says the league is independent of NFF. But used his influence to suspend the league to support his mandate :boo: :boo: :boo:

The bigger picture is that Nigeria is playing Seychelles and your hero Pinnick and his coach are using a full foreign based players for Seychelles. Una no get shame?
You’re spot on but since that is going to be case in the end no matter which we look at it they might as well use the players or the bulk of players they are going to use in a major tournament anyway especially due to this game being a qualifier,the Homebase players have the CHAN,Wafu ,All African games as well as Olympic qualifiers ahead of them but not many of them will make the final cut regardless,this is a common trait in the way our players are selected.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

More info on Jamilu Collins. Didn't know he's from Delta, though born in Kaduna of a Northern Mom. Interestingly, he also has a Croatian passport.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/24/wh ... -passport/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Happy Ighalo was recalled. I believe he is being unfairly criticized for missing one chance against Argentina. The other chance he missed against Argentina was from an acute angle and was saved by the goalie. In at least half of the games he has played for Nigeria even Suarez, Costa, Lukaku, and Kane would have struggled to score with the poor service he got from midfield.

At this point, I would take Simy over Awoniyi. That could change soon if Awoniyi has a break out season. I have no problems with that invitation too.

In regards to Musa, I have no problems with a player being invited from a "weak" league as long as he continues to perform for the SE. Brazil with more talent than us have had players feature for them while playing in China and Japan.

Surprised to see Collins and Ajayi. The jury is still out on whether these two will be gems, busts , or just players making up the numbers.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Obong wrote:More info on Jamilu Collins. Didn't know he's from Delta, though born in Kaduna of a Northern Mom. Interestingly, he also has a Croatian passport.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/24/wh ... -passport/
A left footed left back with a good cross? I'm in!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Must be a typo, never heard of any player named Jamiu Collins.
Bros Ohenhen1: Are you now a member of the Forumers who open a thread and is also the first to respond to themselves? Just asking - bro!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:What is the point in calling up Akpeyi and Ighalo????
... because to the coach, they are still good in his book
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:No Home based players.

What a hopeless coach.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oga Fabio, easy - Sir!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Interesting
Hmm, finally it is OFFICIAL, wow!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote:When are they sacking Rohr??? :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Damn! Rohr is definitely in trouble, no doubt
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr is an hypocrite. He disses the NPFL. Then turns arround and invite players from China, Saudi Arabia and a player that played in the German 3rd division last season. Newly promoted to the 2nd division offcourse.
Musa was our best player at the world cup. It would have been unfair and a travesty if he wasn't invited.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Otitokoro wrote:The fact that no sponsor wants to deal with Giwa's corrupt arse and decided to hold off on their sponsorship because of him and Daulong's shenanigans, that's why.
Regarding the depth of the squad being foreign based, I mean, common sense would suggest that you select fit players.
Its common knowledge that the Nigerian local league has been in recess for months. So, why would you invite them?
Also, it make sense to use this game on on-board several of the up and coming youngsters who are in Europe, where their leagues are in session. And that is what Coach Rohr has done.
fabio wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Please tell us when a HB player last kicked a competitive ball?
Its obvious the league is in recess, thanks to the shenanigans of your principle, Giwa.
Thus, it would have been absolutely asinine to invite an HB outfield player at this time.
What has Giwa got to do with the league?

The hypocrisy of your principal Pinnick sinks to high heavens. Pinnick says the league is independent of NFF. But used his influence to suspend the league to support his mandate :boo: :boo: :boo:

The bigger picture is that Nigeria is playing Seychelles and your hero Pinnick and his coach are using a full foreign based players for Seychelles. Una no get shame?
Enyimba has been playing in the Confederations league.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Assuming we are playing a 3-5-2, I foresee only four changes to our World Cup Squad.

Uzoho

Balogun Troost Ogu

Aina Nwakili Etebo Ndidi Idowu

Musa Nacho

Subs: Simy, Iwobi, Ezenwa, Collins, Onyekuru, Ighalo

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the selection at this time of the year.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

You can bet on it the fool will not play any of the new invitees.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:What is the point in calling up Akpeyi and Ighalo????
... because to the coach, they are still good in his book
That question should be directed to the listing of Uche Ago as standby.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What I don't understand is what good is it to invite a 29 year old from China league to be on the bench?. Isn't it better to invite younger players that we can integrate into the team?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I don't think that Rohr will alter his defensive lineup from the WC, if he is playing a 352 formation, meaning defensively, Troost, Balogun and Omeruo will likely start.
In the midfield, I really don't see Nwakali being picked ahead of Ogu, meaning the 5 will likely be: Aina, Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu and Idowu will likely start.
The front line will be Musa and Iheanacho.
nzeogwu wrote:Assuming we are playing a 3-5-2, I foresee only four changes to our World Cup Squad.

Uzoho

Balogun Troost Ogu

Musa Nacho

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:I don't think that Rohr will alter his defensive lineup from the WC, if he is playing a 352 formation, meaning defensively, Troost, Balogun and Omeruo will likely start.
In the midfield, I really don't see Nwakali being picked ahead of Ogu, meaning the 5 will likely be: Aina, Ndidi, Etebo, Ogu and Idowu will likely start.
nzeogwu wrote:Assuming we are playing a 3-5-2, I foresee only four changes to our World Cup Squad.

Uzoho

Balogun Troost Ogu

Musa Nacho

Otitokoro,

KPOM except if the player was clearly above everyone else in training. More than likely those new players should hope to appear as subs or play in the planned international friendly v Saudi Arabia.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I agree.
However, credit to Rohr for starting early in refreshing the WC team with up and coming talent.
Would have loved him looking at another young keeper, perhaps Seb Osigwe from SC Kriens, in place of Akpeyi.
Also, after a rethink, and considering current form, perhaps Iwobi might start ahead of Ogu as AM, with Ndidi and Etebo as CM.
Good thing is there is enough depth in the midfield to ensure a consistent performance in the middle.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:I don't think that Rohr will alter his defensive lineup from the WC, if he is playing a 352 formation, meaning defensively, Troost, Balogun and Omeruo will likely start.

Uzoho

Balogun Troost Ogu

Musa Nacho

Otitokoro,

KPOM except if the player was clearly above everyone else in training. More than likely those new players should hope to appear as subs or play in the planned international friendly v Saudi Arabia.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So Echejilie has been permanently retired? I hope that's the case and I wish him the best in his club career... as for the invitation of Ighalo, as annoying as it seems, there aren't particularly any Nigerian strikers hitting top form right now... Awoniyi, Isaac, Osimhen and the rest have had pretty uneventful seasons so far... so Ighalo is just there for insurance purposes/he's having a decent season for his club(even though I believe he won't be in the picture ahead of the next AFCON ), at least we are sure to see a more lethal attack with the likes of S. Kalu, Iwobi, Musa, and Onyekuru in the fray.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr is an hypocrite. He disses the NPFL. Then turns arround and invite players from China, Saudi Arabia and a player that played in the German 3rd division last season. Newly promoted to the 2nd division offcourse.
Musa was our best player at the world cup. It would have been unfair and a travesty if he wasn't invited.

He was ONE of the best players. I can't say he was the best player.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

LOL

I cant believe people are advocating for Kelechi Nwakali or John Ogu to start in midfield ahead of Alex Iwobi

SMH at the stupidity on this forum.

Alex Iwobi is the best attacking midfielder Nigeria currently has. That is his best position, and Rohr paid the price at the WC for not playing him there.