Kaizer Chiefs showboating vs Platinum Stars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Kaizer Chiefs showboating vs Platinum Stars

Post by charlie »

The Eagle wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
charlie wrote:
The Eagle wrote:A South African referee gave a player a yellow card, ostensibly for excessive showboating. At least, that is what the analysts in the clip think. Personally, I have no idea why the referee gave the card, as I do not see any infraction of FIFA, CAF or SAFA laws. :???:

Anyway, I am posting the video here so "barbwire" Oloye :) can let us know what he would have done to the player in the clip.

[/video]

Its a deserved yellow card.
Sports are also about respect. Respect your opponent, respect the game.
When you start messing around, showboating, dancing and trying to purposefully disgrace your opponent, then you are disrespecting the game as well. If you want to dance, do it once the game is over.

Ref did the right thing.
Is this part of football rules or just your opinion?
If there was a rule against disgracing your opponent, Nigeria (7-1 vs Burkina Faso) and Germany (7-1 vs Brazil) would have been banned two years each for scoring unnecessary goals and disgracing the opponent. And Okocha's career would have been blighted with red cards and long suspensions. :)

PS: You know, the defending team in the clip I posted is Platinum Stars, same as with the thread-opening clip. It is either the team doesn't believe in defending, or they are the football equivalent of that team created and hired to play the Harlem Globetrotters.
You are totally confusing the discussion. There is a difference between ruthlessness (Germany's 7-1 destruction of Brazil) and disrespect.
When you are showboating on the ball like in the video above without even using/showing any actual skill, that is just disrespectful.

Oh and btw, Jay Jay actually showed skill on the ball. His dribbles had a purpose, and he used his skill and wit to achieve it.
Tell me, what is the skill this mumu is showing with a football? How can you even compare what he is doing to what Jay Jay did day in day out with a football?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
charlie wrote:
The Eagle wrote:A South African referee gave a player a yellow card, ostensibly for excessive showboating. At least, that is what the analysts in the clip think. Personally, I have no idea why the referee gave the card, as I do not see any infraction of FIFA, CAF or SAFA laws. :???:

Anyway, I am posting the video here so "barbwire" Oloye :) can let us know what he would have done to the player in the clip.

[/video]

Its a deserved yellow card.
Sports are also about respect. Respect your opponent, respect the game.
When you start messing around, showboating, dancing and trying to purposefully disgrace your opponent, then you are disrespecting the game as well. If you want to dance, do it once the game is over.

Ref did the right thing.
Is this part of football rules or just your opinion?
If there was a rule against disgracing your opponent, Nigeria (7-1 vs Burkina Faso) and Germany (7-1 vs Brazil) would have been banned two years each for scoring unnecessary goals and disgracing the opponent. And Okocha's career would have been blighted with red cards and long suspensions. :)

PS: You know, the defending team in the clip I posted is Platinum Stars, same as with the thread-opening clip. It is either the team doesn't believe in defending, or they are the football equivalent of that team created and hired to play the Harlem Globetrotters.
You are totally confusing the discussion. There is a difference between ruthlessness (Germany's 7-1 destruction of Brazil) and disrespect.
When you are showboating on the ball like in the video above without even using/showing any actual skill, that is just disrespectful.

Oh and btw, Jay Jay actually showed skill on the ball. His dribbles had a purpose, and he used his skill and wit to achieve it.
Tell me, what is the skill this mumu is showing with a football? How can you even compare what he is doing to what Jay Jay did day in day out with a football?
the only soccer rule here in the books being broken (I say soccer so magus don't convolute real football with American football) is delay of game just in the same fashion as Ref would yellow-card a Goalie who deliberately delays kicking out the ball in order to run time off the clock. That clause covers/justifies the Ref's in issuing yellow card in this act. I know one would argue that players taking the ball to the corner flag is often overlooked by Refs but Refs are actually guilty when they neglect to intervene just as they would if it was a keeper hording the ball to run time off the clock.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^0:50, 3:15, yellow at most. Thats exactly how a good defender goes in, firm, full-blooded, all or nothing, with both eyes on the ball.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That looked like a practice match!
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

You will never understand. The Zimbabweans Samora and Chimurenga almost get it.

It’s our culture, it’s entertainment and we the people of Mzansi love it.

Amakhosi for ever!

My signature is a tribute to greatest football team in the world!
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I've been watching & following football for decades...

Reserve this sort of "stupid" showboating for park football on a Sunday afternoon (that's assuming there are no decent amateurs involved)...

At amateur/pro level, any self-respecting opponent has the right to take out your knee-caps for 'nonsense' like that...Its an unspoken rule amongst fellow pros...

That sort of "stupid" showboating disrespects the game...

Curiously, it seems its permitted in the southern region...
In West Africa its not seen as entertainment...don't try that crap even with street soccer... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly