Kaizer Chiefs showboating vs Platinum Stars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Kaizer Chiefs showboating vs Platinum Stars

Post by balo »

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kaizer Chiefs showboating vs Platinum Stars

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why is the other team allowing that? Where is the tackle, pressing and etc?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

So nobody fit tackle?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This is the kind of thing that can wound a footballer for life.

Maybe in South Africa they let you get away with this kind of showboating, but in Nigeria, you can lose a leg for doing this.
I've seen it happen.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I blame the other team running around like goats looking for pasture. There were couple of 50-50 opportunities there calling for operation sweep that would have restored sanity back into the game
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Try this in the glorious days of the Oloye and Bright Omokaro era, good luck telling the tale many years down memory lane with a smile of relish on your face... :taunt:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Now we know why south Africa has rapidly declined in international football. Seem like apartheid Africa produced more footballers while free south Africa produces Harlem globe trotters
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

jette1 wrote:Now we know why south Africa has rapidly declined in international football. Seem like apartheid Africa produced more footballers while free south Africa produces Harlem globe trotters
:laugh:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

It’s called Shoe Shine football and they love it down there it’s beeen around for decades.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:It’s called Shoe Shine football and they love it down there it’s beeen around for decades.
Whatever happened to shibobo? :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Kabalega wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:It’s called Shoe Shine football and they love it down there it’s beeen around for decades.

Shibobo was just a phase a child of shoe shine football. :rotf:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

:clap: :clap:
Tell them wasu. If an opposing defender tackles hard and roughly he would become public enemy numner 1. Lets notmbe fooled by Europe football is entertainment and not just scoring goals. There is a reason why Ronaldinho is a god and gets invited to almost every testimonial. He does shoeshine football :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Shibobo was just a phase a child of shoe shine football. :rotf:
Tsamaya :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Samora Machel wrote:

Tell them wasu. If an opposing defender tackles hard and roughly he would become public enemy numner 1. Lets notmbe fooled by Europe football is entertainment and not just scoring goals. There is a reason why Ronaldinho is a god and gets invited to almost every testimonial. He does shoeshine football :thumbs:
What are the defenders doing on the pitch? They should join the crowd.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

These South Africans are having a blast - dance scene after a match. Real entertainment.

[/video]
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

nemi2002 wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Abi o ...I saw one defender running around in circles like a headless chicken allowing himself to be turned inside out. There was a 50-50,he did not even make a tackle....you might as well play 11 midfielders and attackers or better still just play 11 freestylers.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

nemi2002 wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Football is entertainment, love it
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

A South African referee gave a player a yellow card, ostensibly for excessive showboating. At least, that is what the analysts in the clip think. Personally, I have no idea why the referee gave the card, as I do not see any infraction of FIFA, CAF or SAFA laws. :???:

Anyway, I am posting the video here so "barbwire" Oloye :) can let us know what he would have done to the player in the clip.

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The Eagle wrote:A South African referee gave a player a yellow card, ostensibly for excessive showboating. At least, that is what the analysts in the clip think. Personally, I have no idea why the referee gave the card, as I do not see any infraction of FIFA, CAF or SAFA laws. :???:

Anyway, I am posting the video here so "barbwire" Oloye :) can let us know what he would have done to the player in the clip.

[/video]

Its a deserved yellow card.
Sports are also about respect. Respect your opponent, respect the game.
When you start messing around, showboating, dancing and trying to purposefully disgrace your opponent, then you are disrespecting the game as well. If you want to dance, do it once the game is over.

Ref did the right thing.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

charlie wrote:
The Eagle wrote:A South African referee gave a player a yellow card, ostensibly for excessive showboating. At least, that is what the analysts in the clip think. Personally, I have no idea why the referee gave the card, as I do not see any infraction of FIFA, CAF or SAFA laws. :???:

[/video]

When you start messing around, showboating, dancing and trying to purposefully disgrace your opponent, then you are disrespecting the game as well. If you want to dance, do it once the game is over.

Ref did the right thing.
Is this part of football rules or just your opinion?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

YemiBrazil wrote:
charlie wrote:

[/video]

Ref did the right thing.
If there was a rule against disgracing your opponent, Nigeria (7-1 vs Burkina Faso) and Germany (7-1 vs Brazil) would have been banned two years each for scoring unnecessary goals and disgracing the opponent. And Okocha's career would have been blighted with red cards and long suspensions. :)

PS: You know, the defending team in the clip I posted is Platinum Stars, same as with the thread-opening clip. It is either the team doesn't believe in defending, or they are the football equivalent of that team created and hired to play the Harlem Globetrotters.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

[/video]
Shebi the ball dey there....kick the bloody ball away and don't stand there watching...kick the ball so hard and see what he would be kneeling on. Or better still slide in take the ball away but let your studs leave reminder on his knees. The important thing here is that the ball is there exposed and unprotected...as a defender my job is to get the ball not to be entertained :lol:

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

YemiBrazil wrote:
charlie wrote:

[/video]

Ref did the right thing.
I cant believe I even need to explain why this kind of behavior is not tolerated.

Its good sports ethics as any person who has been properly coached will tell you.
In many sports, they have specifically created rules to stop this kind of behavior (Unsportsman like conduct in the NFL or Tennis, Taunting in Basketball).

FIFA also gives the referee leeway to punish what they call "Unsporting behavior":
The referee has considerable discretion in applying the Laws; in particular, the offence of "unsporting behavior" may be used to deal with most events that violate the spirit of the game, even if they are not listed as specific offences
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouls_and ... _football)

Its also basic common sense and basic self preservation. Showing up your opponent is essentially gagging for retaliation, sometimes of the most brutal kind.

[/video]