[TBL] Man United 0 v 3 Spurs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United 0 v 3 Spurs

Post by Kabalega »

kajifu wrote:What a Monday game that can go either way.
Man Utd XI: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Lingard, Pogba Lukaku

Tottenham XI: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Dier, Moura, Eriksen, Alli, Kane
Kajifu, please go back to proper footie school and not Jakande schools..... :-)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United v Spurs

Post by amafolas »

green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:
amafolas wrote:Mourinho is done as a top level coach. He is inferior to the next generation of coaches (Pochetino, Klopp etc). I just hope those guys are more gracious to him in his decline than he was to his elders (Ferguson, Wenger etc) when he was the new star.
Gracious ke,they just walloped him 3 London in front of his fans.. His tactics has become so outdated it is a risk to his own safety.
Egbon, you are wicked oh. Hopefully, he will now realize how hard what those guys (Wenger and Ferguson) were doing was. Staying relevant at the top top level of soccer for nearly 2 decades is hard hard work and borderline football miracles. this small pickin burst into the scene with no respect. I wish him the best. He should just cross-over to international coaching. He is done as a top level club coach.
Your angle with respect to mentioning wenger being relevant for ‘nearly 2 decades’ is laughable. Sir Alex, most definitely but Wenger? No. Also your yarning is misplaced because Jose has been relevant for nearly 2 decades since winning CL with Porto in 2003/2004. You need only Line up His achievements since 2004 alongside Wenger to see the folly of your statement. His philosophy of football is dated but that doesn’t take away from the man’s accomplishments. As late as two seasons ago he won multiple trophies at ManU but he’s no longer relevant? He won a league title at Chelsea not long ago but suddenly he’s irrelevant while Wenger who last won a league title in 2003/04 was relevant till he retired? I done hear am. :lol:
Mourinho is not winning nada again at any of the 4 top leagues or CL. I am willing to bet money on that. At his age, Wenger was leading the invincibles. That Wenger spent the next few years Pochetino-ing in order to build Arsenal a stadium, does not take away from his brilliance. Mourinho, at 55, is done. He achieved success easily early and thought it was always going to be that easy. If he chooses to persist, he will find out big time, how hard being a manager is when you are no longer the young guy with novel ideas or have mega rich clubs with bajillions to back you up.
Last edited by amafolas on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Look at liverpool, spurs, city, chelsea playing so far, look at us a d tell me we dont have issues

Mourinho cannot turn this around as the body language of the players is frightening, he knows his tome is up, look st the face of a rejected man, trying to score cheap points by clapping with the fans, sorry we are not that stupid
Ws the body language frightening when we (Jose) missed 2 glorious chances to score in the 1H???

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Thats the definition of low in confidence, any football fan knows this, man united have never been trashed at home like this before in years
Stop wasting your time with tfco

Mourinho misses open net...

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I sure as hell didn’t see this coming :shock: :shock: :shock:

Odikwa serious ohhh :shock:
:thumbs: Jose been expose once again.Let me check their next game

I watched a lil bit of the first half and United seemed in total control ... I got back in the car and the radio flashed 2-0 kondo :scared: :scared: I comot and when I return nah three :scared:

Worrahell :scared:

Josie smh :boo: :boo: :boo:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:
amafolas wrote:Mourinho is done as a top level coach. He is inferior to the next generation of coaches (Pochetino, Klopp etc). I just hope those guys are more gracious to him in his decline than he was to his elders (Ferguson, Wenger etc) when he was the new star.
Gracious ke,they just walloped him 3 London in front of his fans.. His tactics has become so outdated it is a risk to his own safety.
Egbon, you are wicked oh. Hopefully, he will now realize how hard what those guys (Wenger and Ferguson) were doing was. Staying relevant at the top top level of soccer for nearly 2 decades is hard hard work and borderline football miracles. this small pickin burst into the scene with no respect. I wish him the best. He should just cross-over to international coaching. He is done as a top level club coach.
Your angle with respect to mentioning wenger being relevant for ‘nearly 2 decades’ is laughable. Sir Alex, most definitely but Wenger? No. Also your yarning is misplaced because Jose has been relevant for nearly 2 decades since winning CL with Porto in 2003/2004. You need only Line up His achievements since 2004 alongside Wenger to see the folly of your statement. His philosophy of football is dated but that doesn’t take away from the man’s accomplishments. As late as two seasons ago he won multiple trophies at ManU but he’s no longer relevant? He won a league title at Chelsea not long ago but suddenly he’s irrelevant while Wenger who last won a league title in 2003/04 was relevant till he retired? I done hear am. :lol:
Mourinho is not winning nada again at any of the 4 top leagues or CL. I am willing to bet money on that. At his age, Wenger was leading the invincibles. That Wenger spent the next few years Pochetino-ing in order to build Arsenal a stadium, does not take away from his brilliance. Mourinho, at 55, is done. He achieved success easily early and thought it was always going to be that easy. If he chooses to persist, he will find out big time, how hard being a manager is when you are no longer the young guy with novel ideas or have mega rich clubs with bajillions to back you up.
You’re not making any sense. If you had left it at Ferguson you’d have had a point but bringing up Wenger is straight up comical. What triphies was Wenger winning in his 30’s? Don’t get me wrong. Jose has issues but bringing up Wenger’s name to buttress that point is misplaced and off point to say the least. What has wenger won in Europe (CL or Europa)? Do you you want to compare league titles won? Again, when was the last time Wenger won a league title? Nearly 2 decades ago. Na why your yarn be certified off point. Jose does have issues but let’s stay on point not off point.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:
You’re not making any sense. If you had left it at Ferguson you’d have had a point but bringing up Wenger is straight up comical. What triphies was Wenger winning in his 30’s? Don’t get me wrong. Jose has issues but bringing up Wenger’s name to buttress that point is misplaced and off point to say the least. What has wenger won in Europe (CL or Europa)? Do you you want to compare league titles won? Again, when was the last time Wenger won a league title? Nearly 2 decades ago. Na why your yarn be certified off point. Jose does have issues but let’s stay on point not off point.

Mourinho started winning early. Earlier than typical managers. But it seems he is going to be done winning, earlier than his peers. His juniors are already on the way and there's a deep bench of those guys (Klopp, Pochettino, Tuchel, Simone, Zidane, maybe Emery). If and when Mourinho can keep a top-ish club relevant with limited finances, I will accord him the same respect I have for Wenger. Since he left Porto in 2003/2004, he has always been a manager at a top club with excellent financial strength. I think that run comes to an end with ManU. It will now be time to see if he can match Wenger's accomplishment at a next level club with more limited finances. Since he used to sneer at what Wenger was doing. he will have the next decade to prove he can do the same. My guess. he can't. At his age, Wenger was busy building the invincibles. That he got derailed by the no-spending era (for a full decade, Arsenal had a net-spend of 0) at Arsenal, doesn't take away from Wenger's brilliance. Wenger's delusion was in thinking that once the financial shackles got lifted, he will be back to being elite. But alas, he found out he had been left behind. He spent a few seasons fighting before finally bowing out to reality.

Mourinho has had his decade of brilliance. It came early. But he is now about to find out, that staying on top is sometimes harder than getting to the top.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

^^ Money is not relevant to the discourse because all top managers work with massive budgets. If you’re a top manager you will command a big budget and you will be pressured to win now. Wenger didn’t have the balls for the pressure which is why he stayed his entire career at smaller clubs. That said wenger last won a league title in the season that started in 2003. If that’s not the definition of being irrelevant I don’t know what is. I understand that misery loves company so no qualms.

A manager won’t always be on top but Jose has been on top for well over a decade
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

green4life wrote:^^ Money is not relevant to the discourse because all top managers work with massive budgets. If you’re a top manager you will command a big budget and you will be pressured to win now. Wenger didn’t have the balls for the pressure which is why he stayed his entire career at smaller clubs. That said wenger last won a league title in the season that started in 2003. If that’s not the definition of being irrelevant I don’t know what is. I understand that misery loves company so no qualms.

A manager won’t always be on top but Jose has been on top for well over a decade
Really? :shock: And Chelsea is a bigger club. Anyway i find that Geography tends to play a big part in fans understanding and knowledge of the very clubs they purport to 'support'

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lukaka has to score from that gift, haba!!!

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Interesting to see fans panicking over losses. Man Utd fans should have patience. You have steadily improved since LVG left. The league is not won in August. Spurs is a very good drilled team. That first 11 is too. Problem is the second 11.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:

Mourinho started winning early. Earlier than typical managers. But it seems he is going to be done winning, earlier than his peers. His juniors are already on the way and there's a deep bench of those guys (Klopp, Pochettino, Tuchel, Simone, Zidane, maybe Emery). If and when Mourinho can keep a top-ish club relevant with limited finances, I will accord him the same respect I have for Wenger. Since he left Porto in 2003/2004, he has always been a manager at a top club with excellent financial strength. I think that run comes to an end with ManU. It will now be time to see if he can match Wenger's accomplishment at a next level club with more limited finances. Since he used to sneer at what Wenger was doing. he will have the next decade to prove he can do the same. My guess. he can't. At his age, Wenger was busy building the invincibles. That he got derailed by the no-spending era (for a full decade, Arsenal had a net-spend of 0) at Arsenal, doesn't take away from Wenger's brilliance. Wenger's delusion was in thinking that once the financial shackles got lifted, he will be back to being elite. But alas, he found out he had been left behind. He spent a few seasons fighting before finally bowing out to reality.

Mourinho has had his decade of brilliance. It came early. But he is now about to find out, that staying on top is sometimes harder than getting to the top.
The REAL specialist in failure!
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

every top manager needs to evolve with times, lazy coaches always stick with the same formula and get found out, Mourinho is a lazy coach, relying on money to acquire already made players, why dont he look into the united youth team and promote some players, right now he has nothing to lose!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@amafolas

Sorry bro but you yarning off point. What do you mean by "winning early/earlier than typical managers"? Is there some sort of age regulation on when a manager can start winning? Did Zidane not arguably win earlier too or Conte or Pep?

As for done with winning - you know Jose won EPL like 3 years ago? Last year (2017) he won 2 trophies while Pep was trophyless. Yes he has managed top clubs with strong resources but so has likes of Zidane & Pep. So kini big deal?
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cristao II wrote:Interesting to see fans panicking over losses. Man Utd fans should have patience. You have steadily improved since LVG left. The league is not won in August. Spurs is a very good drilled team. That first 11 is too. Problem is the second 11.

Ha when you are in a league with the likes of City, Pool and Chelsea, teams that are very stingy with dropping points, the league is most certainly lost in August.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
green4life wrote:
amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:

Don't let his lap dogs hear this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This is Mourinho's third season at ManU.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu