Kelechi Scores in the EFL Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Scores in the EFL Cup

Post by Cally »

Anyone with links?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Kelechi Scores in the EFL Cup

Post by Cally »

He hit the woodwork twice in the first half.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nacho man!! :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

He can only score in inferior competition.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Which one is EFL cup again?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tunde72 wrote:He can only score in inferior competition.
Go watch the Arsenal game last season.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

some would say spurs are inferior competition but this was quite the goal

[/video]
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Low level thinking head. How many did lukaku score yesterday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so against Spurs and Lloris in goal is inferior competition, okay o.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:...so against Spurs and Lloris in goal is inferior competition, okay o.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Each time you watch Kelechi it affirms that he is perhaps one of the best Nigeria had ever had in front of goal. He always always strikes the ball with a plan of where to shoot at. It is just the other parts of his game that leave much to be desired.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II wrote:Each time you watch Kelechi it affirms that he is perhaps one of the best Nigeria had ever had in front of goal. He always always strikes the ball with a plan of where to shoot at. It is just the other parts of his game that leave much to be desired.

He is a natural goal scorer. But you can tell it just hasn't clicked for him yet.
Another underrated part of his game is his passing and vision. Watch this youtube clip and see the passes he makes to Mahrez & Vardy. This kid can make an attack click when on his game.

[/video]

His biggest weakness is his off the ball movement (not his first touch as many claim). I find he stands waiting for the ball to come to him, instead of running into space where he can receive the ball without pressure and with tempo. As such, when he gets the ball, he gets easily closed out by defenders (leading to the idea that he has a heavy first touch). If he can make himself a more purposeful target, and play a more physical football at the point of attack, he will make himself a huge threat and the goals will rain.

I actually think he is very lucky to have to backup someone like Jamie Vardy who makes his living off his natural and ability to find the ball in the most dangerous locations. He can learn a lot from Vardy.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. The team compete in League One, the third tier of English football. Established in 1997, the current Fleetwood Town F.C. is the third incarnation of the club which first formed in 1908

Honours
  • Football League Two - Play-off winners – 2013–14
    Non-League football - Conference National Champions: 2011–12 :clap:
    Conference North - Runners-up (and play-off winners): 2009–10
    Northern Premier League Premier Division: Champions – 2007–08 :clap:
    Northern Premier League First Division: Champions – 1987–88
    North West Counties Football League Premier Division: Champions – 2004–05 :clap:
    North West Counties Football League First Division: Champions – 1983–84, 1998–99 :clap:
    Lancashire Combination: Champions – 1923–24
    Lancashire League West Division Reserve League: Winners – 2008–09

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: Winners – 1971, 2007
    Northern Premier League President's Cup: Winners – 1990
    North West Counties Football League First Division Trophy: Winners – 1999
    Lancashire Combination Cup: Winners – 1926, 1932, 1933, 1934

Peter Swales Memorial Shield: Winners – 2008
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Goals like this one and others leads me to believe that Kelechi’s best position is attacking midfielder. He is deadly cutting across from the right side of the pitch. I was a little disappointed he didn’t try to get off more long range shots at the World Cup :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Typical Nigeria intellectual laziness. :boo: :boo: :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Goals like this one and others leads me to believe that Kelechi’s best position is attacking midfielder. He is deadly cutting across from the right side of the pitch. I was a little disappointed he didn’t try to get off more long range shots at the World Cup :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Goals like this one and others leads me to believe that Kelechi’s best position is attacking midfielder. He is deadly cutting across from the right side of the pitch. I was a little disappointed he didn’t try to get off more long range shots at the World Cup :!:

Cheers.

The position he played at the u17 WC when the world fell in love with him is his best position. Kelechi is a free role support striker.
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

charlie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Each time you watch Kelechi it affirms that he is perhaps one of the best Nigeria had ever had in front of goal. He always always strikes the ball with a plan of where to shoot at. It is just the other parts of his game that leave much to be desired.

He is a natural goal scorer. But you can tell it just hasn't clicked for him yet.
Another underrated part of his game is his passing and vision. Watch this youtube clip and see the passes he makes to Mahrez & Vardy. This kid can make an attack click when on his game.

[/video]

His biggest weakness is his off the ball movement (not his first touch as many claim). I find he stands waiting for the ball to come to him, instead of running into space where he can receive the ball without pressure and with tempo. As such, when he gets the ball, he gets easily closed out by defenders (leading to the idea that he has a heavy first touch). If he can make himself a more purposeful target, and play a more physical football at the point of attack, he will make himself a huge threat and the goals will rain.

I actually think he is very lucky to have to backup someone like Jamie Vardy who makes his living off his natural and ability to find the ball in the most dangerous locations. He can learn a lot from Vardy.
I totally agree with you about his passing and vision being highly underrated. I actually think Puel has seen that and for that reason, he'll get more games this season. He is VERY intelligent. This became very evident with what I observed that he sees in the minutes his played this season. Those passing are of someone who reads the game quite well. His shot accuracy is also high. If his shots are not blocked, he'll threaten on goal if he can find space the shoot
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Where is the video of his EFL goal ?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote:Where is the video of his EFL goal ?
All 4 goals. That 1st goal sha,...wow!!
[/video]
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:...so against Spurs and Lloris in goal is inferior competition, okay o.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
...based on the video posted above not the one posted later.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

charlie wrote:

[/video]

I think two of his other weaknesses are his lack of pace and the fact that he is one footed. He can't use his right foot at all and that really limits his ability as a consistent goal scorer. He can also improve his aerial ability.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

1naija wrote:Which one is EFL cup again?
Short for Efulefu Cup
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT