The new Onikan Stadium

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The new Onikan Stadium

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The new Onikan Stadium

Post by nemi2002 »

No need for elections.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I really like the design

Sadly it is no longer a football stadium per se, but rather more of an entertainment and conference centre.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote: Sadly it is no longer a football stadium per se, but rather more of an entertainment and conference centre.
As it should be. I don't think the land space is big enough for a decent sized stadium.

A modern multipurpose sports and entertainment complex like the O2 area is what it should be. Could be used to hold NBA Africa games, theatre productions and Broadway type shows.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lol,I bet it won’t look like it’s original design,how do you change your mind on a football stadium to a conference centre?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Lol,I bet it won’t look like it’s original design,how do you change your mind on a football stadium to a conference centre?
The land is not big for football stadium
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Already posted.

5000 seating capacity. I got into a debate with some one on how small it was. It should be a minimum of 25K. Lagos need a 75K seater stadium.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

ohenhen1 wrote:Already posted.

5000 seating capacity. I got into a debate with some one on how small it was. It should be a minimum of 25K. Lagos need a 75K seater stadium.
Only 5k seating? Its too small even for basketball tournaments.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria build light rail and a 60K seating capacity stadium for Abuja. Abuja population is about 1 million. Lagos capacity is about 20 million. No light rail. We have a 25 k seating capacity stadium. Our leaders are mugus.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

charlie wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Already posted.

Only 5k seating? Its too small even for basketball tournaments.

Exactly the point I was trying to make on the other thread. Maybe LASG should get into a PPP agreement to build a 75K complex. Got to address transportation issues and etc. Maybe build it on Eko Atlantic or another reclaimed land.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

LASG should remodel the Teslim Balogun stadium. It has a bigger space than the Onikan stadium.
Maybe they're still waiting for the FGN to lease the National Stadium to them.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dammy wrote:LASG should remodel the Teslim Balogun stadium. It has a bigger space than the Onikan stadium.
Transortation problems will exist. They should demolish the National stadium. Turn it in a car park and etc.

We need to find a good location for the new stadium.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:LASG should remodel the Teslim Balogun stadium. It has a bigger space than the Onikan stadium.
If you ask me, I would like for them to maintain the site with a room for archives within the stadium or a Hall of Fame. That site is the most historical for Nigerian football. I would like them to do the same for the Hotel (on Campbell Street) and the Health Clinics near the site where teams used to automatically stay for the FA Cups and the first FA meetings took place, respectively, in the 1940s/50s. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote: Sadly it is no longer a football stadium per se, but rather more of an entertainment and conference centre.
As it should be. I don't think the land space is big enough for a decent sized stadium.

A modern multipurpose sports and entertainment complex like the O2 area is what it should be. Could be used to hold NBA Africa games, theatre productions and Broadway type shows.
......or church services and events
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tmex12 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Church again?How many churches we have?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Church again?How many churches we have?
More churches in Nigeria than in Heaven. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Let me see it once they have built it. I think the above is film trick and it wont look 1/3 as good.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria build light rail and a 60K seating capacity stadium for Abuja. Abuja population is about 1 million. Lagos capacity is about 20 million. No light rail. We have a 25 k seating capacity stadium. Our leaders are mugus.
Na wa for you.

Lagos has other stadia apart from Onikan.

You want a stadium built at Eko Atlantic? The most expensive land to build a stadium?

Internet Nigerians are so funny!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wanaj0 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria build light rail and a 60K seating capacity stadium for Abuja. Abuja population is about 1 million. Lagos capacity is about 20 million. No light rail. We have a 25 k seating capacity stadium. Our leaders are mugus.
Na wa for you.

You want a stadium built at Eko Atlantic? The most expensive land to build a stadium?

Maybe not on Eko Atlantic. But at a location where it will be easy to access. LagoS need a 75k, modern stadium. You can have restaurants and etc inside and outside the stadium. People can even go there even when there is no event. You can use it for concertS, conferences, tours. It will make money. Google the new Atlanta stadium. Nigeria leaders are mugus. You have a 25K seater stadium for a population of 20 million.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Na wa for you.

Maybe not on Eko Atlantic. But at a location where it will be easy to access. LagoS need a 75k, modern stadium. You can have restaurants and etc inside and outside the stadium. People can even go there even when there is no event. You can use it for concertS, conferences, tours. It will make money. Google the new Atlanta stadium. Nigeria leaders are mugus. You have a 25K seater stadium for a population of 20 million.
Do you know where in LAGOS to get land for such venture? What is the size of the land we are looking at?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”