Tony Nwakeme -the best winger we got.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tony Nwakeme -the best winger we got.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:I feel he is a good player, deserves another look in.

That is why we have friendlies.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:They canceled the Saudi game?

They are playing Bolivia on September 10. They were supposed to play us on September 11, I haven't seen any mention of it since a few Nigerian sites carried the story over a week ago.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

skillful wrote:consistently scoring in the Israeli league and europa league.
U Dem mind noise makers on CE
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wale1974 wrote:

Israeli league is a useless league.

Let him prove himself in Turkey. Even Eduok has scored goals in Turkey yet he is nowhere on peoples radar.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Wouldn't hurt to see him called up for the Saudi Arabia friendly. I suspect several players will not honor the call up.

we are not playing saudi Arabia.

anyways the guy is not better than

Moses Simon
Onyekuru
Samuel Kalu
Danjuma
Bazee
Success
Bonaventure

this is the hype train because he scored a couple of goals.
You Know you can easily use Google and YouTube before jumping in here with your normal Opak.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Let him prove himself in Turkey. Even Eduok has scored goals in Turkey yet he is nowhere on peoples radar.
Eduok is playing in a position where have enough players already........same problem with Aminu Umar.

I'm sure you remember Eduok against A.Madrid
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

wale1974 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Eduok is playing in a position where have enough players already........same problem with Aminu Umar.

He's proven himself many times in the Europa League against teams like Southampton and Inter. He has speed, guile and he is smart. Knows when to go settle or go on a run or when to switch play.
Rohr gave him 45 mins as a striker... and denied us the opportunity to see a good player in his elements
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

niyi wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

He's proven himself many times in the Europa League against teams like Southampton and Inter. He has speed, guile and he is smart. Knows when to go settle or go on a run or when to switch play.
Rohr gave him 45 mins as a striker... and denied us the opportunity to see a good player in his elements
Exactly..... Honestly I don't take these uncover agent serious on here.

The more the better......if you are in form you are good enough for at least an invitation.

Someone even mentioned Bazee.......Bazee that's in injury list.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

wale1974 wrote:
niyi wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Exactly..... Honestly I don't take these uncover agent serious on here.

The more the better......if you are in form you are good enough for at least an invitation.

Someone even mentioned Bazee.......Bazee that's in injury list.
There are many people here who have opinions formed and never watch a match. And then there are those who form opinions from a match they watched 5 years ago.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tony Nwakeme is okay, not better than what is currently in the squad. I am entitled to my opinion. I don't think he is good enough. We need to look at younger players. Call Osimhen, Awoniyi and Success to camp as camp bodies. Maybe not part of the official squad but as camp bodies to train with the team. We can't depend on Europeans to develop our players.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nwakeme might not be the best winger but I think he can give us the best results on the wing in place of Moses. He's a real Nigerian winger, lighting quick, lots of power and has enough tricks up his sleeve. He's the kind of player we needed bs Argentina and Croatia, a real nightmare for defenders.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Give Tony a chance? But we've done it once. That seems to be the Nigerian way - " Tony One-chance"

Forget the fact that it's a new setup to him or did not particularly have a good game or could have improved a lot since.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He wasn't give one chance. Maybe played in one game. But was called to multiple camps. The coach saw him in training. The coach then decided to drop him. Again it won't hurt to see him called up for a friendly. I am against a call up to an Afcon qualifier. He has to prove it in a friendly first.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: Nwakaeme has serious mobility issues.
Zachi Mike wrote:The only chance he had with the eagles, rohr played him central Stryker.
he deserves second chance. he is a winger and the best we have.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dude,
Unlike some of you hype machinists here, I actually do my research before I post.
You will be well advised to do the same prior to engaging me in a debate here.
wale1974 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Hype machine!
Dude is most certainly NOT the best Naija winger out there.
Zachi Mike wrote:The only chance he had with the eagles, rohr played him central Stryker.
Hype? Check his scoring record in the Europa league and Local league last before you stop to embarrass yourself on here.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Don’t know why Rohr played him at CF when he’s a winger at his club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:Don’t know why Rohr played him at CF when he’s a winger at his club.

But I don't think Nwakaeme is an actual winger, whether he plays that role for his club or not.

He wouldn't be the first player to be played out of position by his club.

Nwakaeme had more time on the pitch than Onyekuru got, and Onyekuru was far more effective in his little time on the pitch.

Nwakaeme is 26 and will be 30 by the next World Cup.

Unless you are an exceptional talent or in a position we are short in, we have no business taking a 30 year old to the World Cup.

Instead of looking at Nwakaeme we should be looking at younger players like

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

Abeg stop this hype train we need to build for Qatar 2022 starting NOW. The sooner we integrate all of these youth prospects the better.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Don’t know why Rohr played him at CF when he’s a winger at his club.

But I don't think Nwakaeme is an actual winger, whether he plays that role for his club or not.

Nwakaeme had more time on the pitch than Onyekuru got, and Onyekuru was far more effective in his little time on the pitch.

Unless you are an exceptional talent or in a position we are short in, we have no business taking a 30 year old to the World Cup.

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

Abeg stop this hype train we need to build for Qatar 2022 starting NOW. The sooner we integrate all of these youth prospects the better.
Bruh, stop lying, I just watched the game replayed on beIN sports and Onyekuru wasn’t really up to it in this game, it was Nwakaeme who was attacking scoring and creating chances/assists and way more of a threat. But Onyekuru has been recalled so let’s see what he has to offer.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Otitokoro wrote:Dude,
Unlike some of you hype machinists here, I actually do my research before I post.
You will be well advised to do the same prior to engaging me in a debate here.
wale1974 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Hype machine!
Dude is most certainly NOT the best Naija winger out there.
Hype? Check his scoring record in the Europa league and Local league last before you stop to embarrass yourself on here.
Yet you called Tony Hype :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You must think you are debating BigPokey
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

So If he is doing better than the young ones we should still Ignore him :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

Bruh, stop lying, I just watched the game replayed on beIN sports and Onyekuru wasn’t really up to it in this game, it was Nwakaeme who was attacking scoring and creating chances/assists and way more of a threat. But Onyekuru has been recalled so let’s see what he has to offer.

You realize that Galatasary were down to 10 men early in the match, and this is the one game you want to base things on.

Anyways they are both in the same league so we will see who has more goals and assists when we get further into the season.

And you just ignore that Nwakaeme is 27, while the other talents I mentioned are in their early 20's.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

You realize that Galatasary were down to 10 men early in the match, and this is the one game you want to base things on.

Anyways they are both in the same league so we will see who has more goals and assists when we get further into the season.

And you just ignore that Nwakaeme is 27, while the other talents I mentioned are in their early 20's.
Did you read what you wrote? It was a blatant lie saying
And what does Nwakaeme's age have to do with anything though? If he's playing well I don't see why he can't be invited. You are talking about world cup that is 4 years away, won't we have 2 ANC's before then? And what do you mean by we have no business taking a 30 year old to the WC? No wonder we are always winning the youngest team in the WC trophy without actually making any impact...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Bonaventure
Success
Onyekuru
Kalu
Simon
Chukwueze
Yahaya
Fehinde

Did you read what you wrote? It was a blatant lie saying
And what does Nwakaeme's age have to do with anything though? If he's playing well I don't see why he can't be invited. You are talking about world cup that is 4 years away, won't we have 2 ANC's before then? And what do you mean by we have no business taking a 30 year old to the WC? No wonder we are always winning the youngest team in the WC trophy without actually making any impact...
Blatant lie ?

I am referring to the WCQ match against Algeria where Nwakaeme played 45 minutes and did didly squat while Onyekuru had 20 minutes and got off a wicked shot on goal.

I never said we can't take a 30 year old to the world cup. But that 30 year old must be exceptional and BETTER than younger talents, and I don't see that as the case right now.

The only players we should consider of that age are

Balogun
Mikel
Moses

These are exceptional players, and in the case of Balogun, a position in which we lack solid depth and quality.

We don't have any shortage of wingers, and Nwakaeme does not offer us anything we cannot get with younger players.