Mane helps to clean local mosque after Leicester Victory

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mane helps to clean local mosque after Leicester Victory

Post by txj »

Footage has emerged of Sadio Mane helping to clean the toilets at his local mosque just hours after firing Liverpool to a victory over Leicester City.

The Liverpool star is a devout Muslim and is often pictured at mosques in the city, whilst he celebrates goals by performing the sujood, which sees him touch his head on the turf and praying. His father was the Imam in his local mosque when he grew up in Senegal.

While some Premier League footballers might celebrate a fourth successive victory and a fourth goal of the season in more glamorous fashion, Mane showcased his devotion to his faith instead.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/humbling?src=hash

He is videoed helping a man and young boy clean the Al-Rahma Mosque in Liverpool, which is just three miles from Anfield, with the help of a pressure washer.

The striker has enjoyed a stunning start to the season and is thought to earn £90,000 per week at Liverpool, however it is no surprise to see him involved at the mosque and giving back to the community.

He donated £200,000 to help build a school in the village of Bambaly, where he grew up, and is involved in other charities too, including getting involved in the fight against HIV in Malawi.

“It’s an initiative that is close to my heart,” Mane has previously told the Liverpool Echo

Sadio Mane celebrates his goals by praying
“It’s something that I am very happy to do. It’s important to help people. They approached me about the initiative, and it became clear I was maybe the right person to help.

“When they told me about it, I was very, very happy to help out. I’m looking forward to doing my bit.”
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg
Re: Mane helps to clean local mosque after Leicester Victory

Post by Alategun »

What a nice young man. Hope he signs his extension soon
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:Footage has emerged of Sadio Mane helping to clean the toilets at his local mosque just hours after firing Liverpool to a victory over Leicester City.

The Liverpool star is a devout Muslim and is often pictured at mosques in the city, whilst he celebrates goals by performing the sujood, which sees him touch his head on the turf and praying. His father was the Imam in his local mosque when he grew up in Senegal.

While some Premier League footballers might celebrate a fourth successive victory and a fourth goal of the season in more glamorous fashion, Mane showcased his devotion to his faith instead.

He is videoed helping a man and young boy clean the Al-Rahma Mosque in Liverpool, which is just three miles from Anfield, with the help of a pressure washer.

The striker has enjoyed a stunning start to the season and is thought to earn £90,000 per week at Liverpool, however it is no surprise to see him involved at the mosque and giving back to the community.

He donated £200,000 to help build a school in the village of Bambaly, where he grew up, and is involved in other charities too, including getting involved in the fight against HIV in Malawi.

“It’s an initiative that is close to my heart,” Mane has previously told the Liverpool Echo

“It’s something that I am very happy to do. It’s important to help people. They approached me about the initiative, and it became clear I was maybe the right person to help.

“When they told me about it, I was very, very happy to help out. I’m looking forward to doing my bit.”
Up you Sadio, my man. However, I hope you have good money managers around you, and are putting aside money for that rainy day that is sure to come. All this pipul you are helping, when the tap runs dry, they will do like dem no know you. £90,000 a week may seem like endless cash to you, but money goes by very fast, and the taxman will surely take half, while inflation over ten years will change that money into the equivalent of £22,000 per week.

Please play safe, and spend your money wisely, marry the right girl who does not just see you as a meal ticket, avoid divorce, and having many children with diverse "ladies."

I know you have heard this "advice" a million times, so this advice is for my brothers on CE--it applies to people from all walks of life.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:Footage has emerged of Sadio Mane helping to clean the toilets at his local mosque just hours after firing Liverpool to a victory over Leicester City.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

ohsee wrote:

Up you Sadio, my man. However, I hope you have good money managers around you, and are putting aside money for that rainy day that is sure to come. All this pipul you are helping, when the tap runs dry, they will do like dem no know you. £90,000 a week may seem like endless cash to you, but money goes by very fast, and the taxman will surely take half, while inflation over ten years will change that money into the equivalent of £22,000 per week.

Please play safe, and spend your money wisely, marry the right girl who does not just see you as a meal ticket, avoid divorce, and having many children with diverse "ladies."

I know you have heard this "advice" a million times, so this advice is for my brothers on CE--it applies to people from all walks of life.
Lets add have massive investments in your home country that Western tax officials cant find or lay theirs hands on! Thats his real safety net to avoid an Eboue style outcome.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

My best bud here in Houston ran into Mane on a flight to Senegal. Says he is the most humble person ever. Peach of a guy.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

looks like he was talking to someone on setting up footage/record the video. he definitely saw the recording going or encouraged it. regardless it's still good deed. Im just taken issues with the expression of "footage emerged" as if he was recorded in secret or without his knowledge
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Why is this guy paid just 90k a week?Is Liverpool just been cheap and smart or this guy agent is clueless?

Mane looks like a good guy,its time they start invest wisely for raining days and do that more in Africa.Buy properties and invest in real estate.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:Why is this guy paid just 90k a week?Is Liverpool just been cheap and smart or this guy agent is clueless?

Mane looks like a good guy,its time they start invest wisely for raining days and do that more in Africa.Buy properties and invest in real estate.

the more important question is, why were you guys at Arsenal sleeping at the wheel when Mane was playing for Southampton? Next, you will start talking about Shaqiri is underpaid at Liverpool, not remembering that the Dean recognized and brought him to Pool. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Arguably, Shaqiri is better than Ramsey.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Why is this guy paid just 90k a week?Is Liverpool just been cheap and smart or this guy agent is clueless?

the more important question is, why were you guys at Arsenal sleeping at the wheel when Mane was playing for Southampton? Next, you will start talking about Shaqiri is underpaid at Liverpool, not remembering that the Dean recognized and brought him to Pool. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Arguably, Shaqiri is better than Ramsey.
Ahemm! Chief, who is arguing with u about that?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

01bakana wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Ahemm! Chief, who is arguing with u about that?

I no wan Waffi's trouble....I no get power to argue
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote:

glad you learned from past mistakes, clay, afterall about forty years ago you were fighting at 38, being beaten from pillar to post by a former sparring partner because you had blown all your money.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Put ya money to good use.

Invest well so you can replicate Weah....
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohsee wrote:

The whole point of being rich and famous is to run through as many women (or men for our gay cybers) as your stamina can allow.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Apparently his agent tried to offer him to Barcelona and they told him to take a hike :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If that is true. it shows what entitlement can do to somebody's ego
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Good for him.

Salah is also a very humble guy who hasn't changed despite all his success and fame. He's a rarity amongst successful Egyptian footballers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

New long term contract extension is currently being finalized. I expect a bumper package...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote:looks like he was talking to someone on setting up footage/record the video. he definitely saw the recording going or encouraged it. regardless it's still good deed. Im just taken issues with the expression of "footage emerged" as if he was recorded in secret or without his knowledge
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved