NIGERIA U17 VS BURKINA F. U17 live 2-3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA U17 VS BURKINA F. U17 live 2-3

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:winning at this level is not everything.
Who said it was?
Can't we just be happy for kids again? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
JACKAL wrote:The reality of the quality of our football when the playing field is level is beginning to dawn on us !! :atc: :atc:

B.F wins 3-2
Matchday 2:
Nigeria 5 Ivory Coast 1

Any comment??

We are back to an un-level playing field and are obviously parading overaged players. Duh..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dafunk, Not again !!! Dont you ever learn ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Weytin I do? :?:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
I am happy for the kids. But we shouldn't continue to fool ourselves.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

JACKAL wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
JACKAL wrote:The reality of the quality of our football when the playing field is level is beginning to dawn on us !! :atc: :atc:

B.F wins 3-2
Matchday 2:
Nigeria 5 Ivory Coast 1

Any comment??

YemiIbadan... You back again for your usual spanking !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See dis yeyeman o... hope you are not counting your Oliseh Implosion prediction as a victory? You lost and turned to JACKAL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
Speak for yourself.
I think just about everybody understands now that winning even the U17 WC means absolutely nothing.
Even Pinnick in an interview early this year or late last year said, and I paraphrase, "We need to stop celebrating age-grade victories as if it is an end in itself".
If I can find the video I will post it.

I think where we might disagree is whenever some are stubbornly and cynically insistent on using the cheating Osundus, Ateres and Chukwudis to continue to taint every little achievement of today's genuine kids with the same 30 year old brush.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The world is changing. We should learn from the German youth system. They teach the kids the right way to play the game at an early age. Gra gra football is past tense. Nigeria youth system should be revamped.

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
Speak for yourself.
I think just about everybody understands now that winning even the U17 WC means absolutely nothing.
Even Pinnick in an interview early this year or late last year said, and I paraphrase, "We need to stop celebrating age-grade victories as if it is an end in itself".

I think where we might disagree is whenever some are stubbornly and cynically insistent on using the cheating Osundus, Ateres and Chukwudis to continue to taint every little achievement of today's genuine kids with the same 30 year old brush.
Pinnick and anyone who says winning the U-17 shouldn't be our goal is a big fool ! Why are we going if not to win ?? I love seeing us win. Champions of the world ! ..YES !!

This is the problem with winning so much...and also it has a lot to do with our self esteem as a people. As Groucho Maxx once said: I don't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member !!

There are other nations killing themselves to win. England won for the first time last edition and they celebrated it as they should. if winning is not important why do the Europeans keep changing the rules to level the playing field or even gain advantage. Could it be that they want to win too !!! ??

The issue is not really our winning, its the manner with which we win that brings us some guilt. I would love to see us send a real U-17 team to the event and we still win to show the world we really are a talented people. Using the MRI as I said levels the playing field in a way. Its an objective yard stick in its self. Its a tournament of all those who pass the MRI test. That's the qualification that is true and real...not necessarily the chronological age of the individual.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiBrazil wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

B.F wins 3-2
Matchday 2:
Nigeria 5 Ivory Coast 1

Any comment??

See dis yeyeman o... hope you are not counting your Oliseh Implosion prediction as a victory? You lost and turned to JACKAL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
Yemi ebute meta, I never figured you for one of those who sees dead people :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiBrazil wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

B.F wins 3-2
Matchday 2:
Nigeria 5 Ivory Coast 1

Any comment??

Yemi ebute meta, I never figured you for one of those who sees dead people :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You don't go out on the field playing to lose. You play to win. Fielding over age players and not teaching the players the right way to play is the issue.

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

JACKAL wrote:
niyi wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
niyi wrote:

B.F wins 3-2
What playing field just got leveled? I think you're overinterpreting...

MRI tests for all players participating at CAF U17 tournaments started in 2013.
Well, I still believe the enforcement has gotten better since then...
Your believes are feelings bro.

Luckily for us, facts are facts.

We came 4th in 2015 and failed to qualify for the 2011 and 2017 championships. Performance has always been all over the place...

Performance has never been all over the place...We won 5 world championships and qualified for almost all editions of the U-17 tournament.......We are as consistent as they come.

However, i maintain the the MRI screening has gotten better and more stringent in the last edition and this current one. Not only is FIFA requiring the players be tested at the confederation level, they are managing the test process themselves and not leaving it up to the confederations like before. This is why you see the Beninese team totally disqualified.

Remember we lost 26 players after FIFA/CAF sent an Egyptian Doctor to come test players in Nigeria before the Qualification game. So those MRI related disqualifications have had an impact on us in 2016 and now in 2018. previously when we lost it was just because the team sucked.

When they get to the FIFA tournament proper they now test 2 players per team after every game. They pick them at random and only those who have played in the game. In the past they only picked players at random and not those that necessarily played the game.

Its funny though, you waited till after the results of this game vs CIV and then you came rushing back to dispute my observations. I could do the same and wait till the lose again and then say AH HHHHAAAAA !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But i dont play like that...I hope they qualify because i want to see these kids in the next U17 World cup !!

What you need to know is that FIFA has been testing players since 2003, funny enough, they do not publish the reports of the screenings. So a lot of players have been failing the test for a long time even till the last Edition in India and FIFA never published their findings. They did admit though that at least 35% of the players fail the test.

That is 24 teams X 23 players = 552 players---- 35% = Which is a staggering 193 players fail from all over the world.
I didn't post earlier for 2 reasons. First, I quickly realized the irrationality of your argument and more importantly, I was not sure about how to point this out to you without being insulting.

Unlike you, I don't wait look at single events to declare trends. This win means as much to me as the loss against Burkina Faso. In the grand scheme of things, we have done well in some tournaments and flopped badly at others over the past 8 years. We failed to qualify for the 2011 and 2017 tournament but won in 2013 and 2015. The procedure has remained the same with players getting disqualified for Grade IV if anything CAF has become more lenient. In 2015 they banned the Ghanaian team because a single player failed!

I think this will be my last post on this topic as I do not have the patience to drag this on with you.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
Speak for yourself.

Pinnick and anyone who says winning the U-17 shouldn't be our goal is a big fool !
Why are we going if not to win ?? I love seeing us win. Champions of the world ! ..YES !!

This is the problem with winning so much...and also it has a lot to do with our self esteem as a people. As Groucho Maxx once said: I don't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member !!

There are other nations killing themselves to win. England won for the first time last edition and they celebrated it as they should. if winning is not important why do the Europeans keep changing the rules to level the playing field or even gain advantage. Could it be that they want to win too !!! ??

The issue is not really our winning, its the manner with which we win that brings us some guilt. I would love to see us send a real U-17 team to the event and we still win to show the world we really are a talented people. Using the MRI as I said levels the playing field in a way. Its an objective yard stick in its self. Its a tournament of all those who pass the MRI test. That's the qualification that is true and real...not necessarily the chronological age of the individual.
I refuse to believe you have lost your reasoning faculties simply because you stayed away from CE for a year, but something is definitely missing. :lol:
Pinnick said "winning is not everything" with a rider....viz "it should not be an end in itself"

If you cannot understand and agree with that then you have no right calling him "A BIG FOOL".
:idea: :idea: :idea:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
Speak for yourself.

Pinnick and anyone who says winning the U-17 shouldn't be our goal is a big fool ! Why are we going if not to win ?? I love seeing us win. Champions of the world ! ..YES !!

I refuse to believe you have lost your reasoning faculties because you stayed away from CE for a year, but something is missing.
Pinnick said wining is not everything with a rider....viz "it should not be an end in itself"
If you cannot understand and agree with that then you have no right to call him a BIG FOOL.

People say a lot of things that don't make any sense and what Pinnick said is ridiculous and a clever excuse to preempt any criticism that might come from not winning.

Winning the under 17 WC is an end in itself. Enjoy the victory. It may be the only glory you are going to get in your life.

This would be like saying you won the pricipals cup but dont celebrate yet,
you win challenge cup but dont celebrate yet,
you will the national league but dont clebrate yet,
you win regional Wafu cup but dont celebrate yet,
you win the African champions league but dont celebrate yet,
you win the cup of nations but dont celebrate yet,
you win the confederations cup but dont celebrate yet,
You win the english FA cup, Milk cup, Carboro cup, English League but dont celebrate yet,
you win the UEFA cup,, no, no dont celebrate yet,
you win the champions league but dont celebrate yet,
and then you win the World club cup. no, no no celebration allowed
,Then you win the World cup..Now you can start celebrating.

Damunk, only a fool thinks like that... Every victory means something, it may be the only time you win. Enjoy it for what it is...not what it isnt !!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

niyi wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
niyi wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
niyi wrote:

B.F wins 3-2
What playing field just got leveled? I think you're overinterpreting...

MRI tests for all players participating at CAF U17 tournaments started in 2013.
Well, I still believe the enforcement has gotten better since then...
Your believes are feelings bro.

Luckily for us, facts are facts.

We came 4th in 2015 and failed to qualify for the 2011 and 2017 championships. Performance has always been all over the place...

Performance has never been all over the place...We won 5 world championships and qualified for almost all editions of the U-17 tournament.......We are as consistent as they come.

However, i maintain the the MRI screening has gotten better and more stringent in the last edition and this current one. Not only is FIFA requiring the players be tested at the confederation level, they are managing the test process themselves and not leaving it up to the confederations like before. This is why you see the Beninese team totally disqualified.

Remember we lost 26 players after FIFA/CAF sent an Egyptian Doctor to come test players in Nigeria before the Qualification game. So those MRI related disqualifications have had an impact on us in 2016 and now in 2018. previously when we lost it was just because the team sucked.

When they get to the FIFA tournament proper they now test 2 players per team after every game. They pick them at random and only those who have played in the game. In the past they only picked players at random and not those that necessarily played the game.

Its funny though, you waited till after the results of this game vs CIV and then you came rushing back to dispute my observations. I could do the same and wait till the lose again and then say AH HHHHAAAAA !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But i dont play like that...I hope they qualify because i want to see these kids in the next U17 World cup !!

What you need to know is that FIFA has been testing players since 2003, funny enough, they do not publish the reports of the screenings. So a lot of players have been failing the test for a long time even till the last Edition in India and FIFA never published their findings. They did admit though that at least 35% of the players fail the test.

That is 24 teams X 23 players = 552 players---- 35% = Which is a staggering 193 players fail from all over the world.
I didn't post earlier for 2 reasons. First, I quickly realized the irrationality of your argument and more importantly, I was not sure about how to point this out to you without being insulting.

Unlike you, I don't wait look at single events to declare trends. This win means as much to me as the loss against Burkina Faso. In the grand scheme of things, we have done well in some tournaments and flopped badly at others over the past 8 years. We failed to qualify for the 2011 and 2017 tournament but won in 2013 and 2015. The procedure has remained the same with players getting disqualified for Grade IV if anything CAF has become more lenient. In 2015 they banned the Ghanaian team because a single player failed!

I think this will be my last post on this topic as I do not have the patience to drag this on with you.
Go ahead, insult me please ! What point do you think you are making that is so great that would insult me !!

what single event makes a trend ?? Didn't they have a huge number of players fail MRI testing 2 years ago and lose immediately after in the qualifiers...isn't that the same thing that happened now ??

You are right to run with your tails between your legs becuase you have nothing meaningful to say.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Who said it was?
Speak for yourself.

I refuse to believe you have lost your reasoning faculties because you stayed away from CE for a year, but something is missing.
Pinnick said wining is not everything with a rider....viz "it should not be an end in itself"
If you cannot understand and agree with that then you have no right to call him a BIG FOOL.

People say a lot of things that don't make any sense and what Pinnick said is ridiculous and a clever excuse to preempt any criticism that might come from not winning.

Winning the under 17 WC is an end in itself. Enjoy the victory. It may be the only glory you are going to get in your life.

This would be like saying you won the pricipals cup but dont celebrate yet,
you win challenge cup but dont celebrate yet,
you will the national league but dont clebrate yet,
you win regional Wafu cup but dont celebrate yet,
you win the African champions league but dont celebrate yet,
you win the cup of nations but dont celebrate yet,
you win the confederations cup but dont celebrate yet,
You win the english FA cup, Milk cup, Carboro cup, English League but dont celebrate yet,
you win the UEFA cup,, no, no dont celebrate yet,
you win the champions league but dont celebrate yet,
and then you win the World club cup. no, no no celebration allowed
,Then you win the World cup..Now you can start celebrating.

Damunk, only a fool thinks like that... Every victory means something, it may be the only time you win. Enjoy it for what it is...not what it isnt !!
You are just arguing for the sake of it...creating straw men left and right.
I refuse to intervene in a situation in which I find a man facing a blank wall and arguing with himself.
Choi.
You've lost it. :lol:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?