Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8013
Latest report is that the trio of Aina, Iwobi and E kong pull out due to "injuries". Onyekuru is the only player in camp in Victoria.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15693
Dammy wrote:
Latest report is that the trio of Aina, Iwobi and E kong pull out due to "injuries". Onyekuru is the only player in camp in Victoria.



All legit injuries. I expect Awaziem, omeruo and Ogu to lead the defense in a 352. Nothing spoil......2-1 she win. 3pts na 3pts. :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8013
Seems no one wants to risk their careers on the plastic pitch in Victoria.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
Iwobi was sick. Is it a common cold?

Ready made excuse. I doubt Iwobi would have honored to callup even if he wasn't sick.

So far Mikel, Aina, Iwobi, V Moses Ekong are out, wow.

S Moses is not fit. He is out injured.

Omeruo is not playing.


Things are not looking good.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16642
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
IMHO, there is no need for panic. Here is just my tuppence:

1. Previous reports indicated that only two players were expected today in Seychelles - Onyekuru and Ezenwa. Ezenwa did not make it but I do not believe it is a big deal as he is expected to arrive with NFF officials.

2. This game is against Seychelles and none of these illness/injuries will be a good excuse not to win! it simply give the coach opportunity to play other players and there will be others available.

3. There are 4 players named on Standby and the coach can call on them if need be.

4. One player initially thought unavailable because of injury -- Jamilu Collins -- clearly indicated that he will be available.

5. I think the article is creating an alarm situation that is not necessary at this point.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
We may not have enough players to make the trip unless Rohr calls in replacements.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20858
Location: Ukwuani
ohenhen1 wrote:
We may not have enough players to make the trip unless Rohr calls in replacements.

... and hence we have "standby" players. Thus, there is no need to panic yet. However, we all know a loss or draw against Seychelles and we are OUT.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2297
Location: Malta
Ola Aina pulled up at the end of the Torino game. He made a signal that he pulled his hamstring, but hopefully it was just a tired muscle, or cramp.

Mazzarri (Torino coach) said after the game: 'I hope it's not a tear. Aina felt the muscle cramping up'.'
At first it was thought that Aina would travel to Nigeria (as per FIFA rules) but after they made a preliminary scan, they sent it to the Nigerian doctors who told him to remain in Turin to rehabilitate.

The extent of the injury is as yet unknown BUT they called it 'a small muscular problem'. From experience, they will probably carry out some tests within the next 3 days, giving the inflammation time to reduce.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13340
when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36391
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Omeruo, Idowu, Onyekuru, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Awaziem, and Uzoho are in camp.




_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Awaziem, Idowu
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.


Nigeria is lucky to be playing Seychelles. Things are not well with the team. So many players are boycotting this game. What is Iwobi injury? I wouldn't start Musa but Rohr is going to play him

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47272
...this CAN qualifier is when, where, and what time? Abeg!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13340
ohenhen1 wrote:
Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.


It is on Saturday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 37480
Location: Eagles' Nest
vancity eagle wrote:
when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.

Who are the 'IDIOTS' of the forum? :???:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10465
I think Rohr will go with experience and pick Omeruo as a CD. Personally I think Nigeria look more dynamic in a 3-5-2 with 2 up front (which will be needed if Mikel is away):

Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Awaziem
Shehu-Ndidi-Ogu-Etebo-Idowu*
Musa**-Ighalo

*Idowu (playing by default due to unavailability of 3 other FBs). I do not rate him.
**Cannot really drop him since he is the only one scoring regularly for the national team recently!

Iwobi, Mikel, Aina, V Moses, S Moses, Ekong, Ebuehi all unavailable - that is a long injury and absentee list!
:shock:

ohenhen1 wrote:
Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Awaziem, Idowu
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.


Nigeria is lucky to be playing Seychelles. Things are not well with the team. So many players are boycotting this game. What is Iwobi injury? I wouldn't start Musa but Rohr is going to play him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 38016
wiseone wrote:
I think Rohr will go with experience and pick Omeruo as a CD. Personally I think Nigeria look more dynamic in a 3-5-2 with 2 up front (which will be needed if Mikel is away):

Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Awaziem
Shehu-Ndidi-Ogu-Etebo-Idowu*
Musa**-Ighalo

*Idowu (playing by default due to unavailability of 3 other FBs). I do not rate him.
**Cannot really drop him since he is the only one scoring regularly for the national team recently!

Iwobi, Mikel, Aina, V Moses, S Moses, Ekong, Ebuehi all unavailable - that is a long injury and absentee list!
:shock:

ohenhen1 wrote:
Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Awaziem, Idowu
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.


Nigeria is lucky to be playing Seychelles. Things are not well with the team. So many players are boycotting this game. What is Iwobi injury? I wouldn't start Musa but Rohr is going to play him


Only 7 absentees??? Prior to the WC, we were daily bombarded with lists of excellent players that were ignored. Time for those players to show what they can do.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.


It is on Saturday.


Yes Saturday

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5042
The team is good enough to get the job done. The plan was always to draft in the younger players after the WC and folks are still b*itching..

The spin is Uzoho, Balogun, Ndidi and Musa. Time for all the add ons to show they belong.

Up Eagles


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36391
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Working out on the beach in Seychelles, nice vacay for the boys.


_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
Yes but play the young players in a friendly first before they make their debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. So many players are quiting or boycotting the game. People are not bitching. We have legitimate concerns.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13340
Seychelles is a piss poor side. One of the worst in Africa. Libya beat thm 5-0.

There is no need to play safe. I say we play a 442



******************************************UZOHO************************************************


IDOWU***********************BALOGUN******************OMERUO***************************COLLINS




******************************ETEBO******************NDIDI**************************************



SAMUEL KALU***************************************************************************ONYEKURU


***********************************IHEANACHO*********MUSA***************************************


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56838
I hear Shehu is also out injured. Nigeria should have a plan to cap at least 5 new players every friendly. Colljns, a German 2nd division player may get his first cap in a must win Afcon qualifier. We have never seen this player play for Nigeria. This is a problem. Lack of organization is still major problem for the NFF or the entire Nigeria government. We have serious issues. I am not bitching.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Rawlings, swordfish and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group