CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Post by ohenhen1 »

The competition in this video is not very good. Can't really see anything from this video.

He is now 24, playing in the German 2nd division. What about the Enyimba left back I saw against Cara Brazzaville or Stanley Amuzie?

A country of 180 million can't produce a left back better than Jamilu Collins or is Rohr getting brown envelopes to invite players.

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:I didn't even know this. At least the coach is doing his job in being informed re which players are active.
Otitokoro wrote:First of, you realize Elderson is clubless, after being cut by Monaco? This is someone who has yet to kick a competitive ball in eons. He is not even close to being match fit.
Jamilu, on the other hand, has played about 6 full matches for SC Paderborn this season. He is ready to go if fit. Ditto that for Semi Ajayi.
Against a team like Seychelles, the failure to perform risk is low and is the perfect platform to try out the likes of Jamilu and Semi.
ohenhen1 wrote: Echiejile or some one else that has been previously capped. We don't know if Collins can play or not. I haven't seen him play. Echiejile can be a good stand in left back. Can also go with back 3 line. Collins should have never been invited to a must win Afcon qualifier. Should get his first cap in a friendly.
He just terminated his contract with Monaco a few days ago. Been training with Monaco.
I repeat my question. Are you not one of the people here who has repeatedly complained that Echiejile has no business in the SE, even as a backup?
I never said that.

Uwa Echiejile is okay, a good depth player.

The list came out before Uwa terminated his contract with Monaco.

There are other Nigerian left backs that Rohr can call up, that have been capped.

What is so special about this Jamilu Collins?
OK, I must have been mixing you up with the other complainers here. In any case, as Otitokoro pointed out, Uwa has not played a single game this season and unlikely to be match fit. On the other hand Collins has been playing competitively. Keep in mind we're talking of a player here who will likely sit on the bench for the full 90 mins. Much ado about nothing IMO.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:I didn't even know this. At least the coach is doing his job in being informed re which players are active.
Otitokoro wrote:First of, you realize Elderson is clubless, after being cut by Monaco? This is someone who has yet to kick a competitive ball in eons. He is not even close to being match fit.
Jamilu, on the other hand, has played about 6 full matches for SC Paderborn this season. He is ready to go if fit. Ditto that for Semi Ajayi.
Against a team like Seychelles, the failure to perform risk is low and is the perfect platform to try out the likes of Jamilu and Semi.
ohenhen1 wrote: Echiejile or some one else that has been previously capped. We don't know if Collins can play or not. I haven't seen him play. Echiejile can be a good stand in left back. Can also go with back 3 line. Collins should have never been invited to a must win Afcon qualifier. Should get his first cap in a friendly.
He just terminated his contract with Monaco a few days ago. Been training with Monaco.
I repeat my question. Are you not one of the people here who has repeatedly complained that Echiejile has no business in the SE, even as a backup?
I never said that.

Uwa Echiejile is okay, a good depth player.

The list came out before Uwa terminated his contract with Monaco.

There are other Nigerian left backs that Rohr can call up, that have been capped.

What is so special about this Jamilu Collins?
OK, I must have been mixing you up with the other complainers here. In any case, as Otitokoro pointed out, Uwa has not played a single game this season and unlikely to be match fit. On the other hand Collins has been playing competitively. Keep in mind we're talking of a player here who will likely sit on the bench for the full 90 mins. Much ado about nothing IMO.
The NFF need to stop this nonsense. Stop inviting uncapped players for important games. No serious FA will do it. Have you ever heard of the US inviting an uncapped player for a world cup qualifier?

I think we need to mandate the coach to cap at least 5 new players every friendly game. We need to build a big pool of players.

It doesn't matter if he seats on the bench or not. It shouldn't happen.

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ohenhen1 wrote:We keep making the same mistakes, expecting different results. Brazil or Germany will never play an uncapped player in an important player. Friendlies are mean't to test plays so that they don't mess up in vital games.

We have not learn't from the Sunday Stephens experience against Guinea?

Ohenhen, Iroha has been previously capped. We should invite him and same with Oshinawa. Anyways, this decisions are not as simple as looking at them through a singular lens (capped or not capped). You seem however to be insisting on that lone criteria. There are a few other variables that are critical to success / best decision. Uwa is more or less retired in my books...

Talking on account of speaking with data ...here's is a list of names you may recognize. ALL had their first SE cap in either a WC Qualifier or Afcon Qualifier

1. Jay - Jay OKocha, May 1993 vs Ivory coast
2. Joseph Yobo, March 24th, 2001 vs Zambia
3.Ahmed Musa in september of 2010

Others are Finidi George, Rashidi Yekini, Yakubu Aigbeni.

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/nig-recintlp.html
Last edited by icee on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We keep making the same mistakes, expecting different results. Brazil or Germany will never play an uncapped player in an important player. Friendlies are mean't to test plays so that they don't mess up in vital games.

Ohenhen, Iroha has been previously capped. We should invite him and same with Oshinawa. Anyways, this decisions are not as simple as looking at them through a singular lens (capped or not capped). You seem however to be insisting on that lone criteria. There are a few other variables that are critical to success / best decision. Uwa is more or less retired in my books...
No serious FA will invite an uncapped player for an important game. Is Nigeria overconfident that the competition is Seychelles?

Uwa Echiejile is okay. At least we have seen him play for Nigeria.

I think Nigeria need to go to a back 3.

Play 3-5-2.

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:

No serious FA will invite an uncapped player for an important game. Is Nigeria overconfident that the competition is Seychelles?

Play 3-5-2.
This data below is similar to what the evidence will reveal with other FAs. the data appears to be in conflict with your hypothesis

For Nigera..... ALL had their first SE cap in either a WC Qualifier or Afcon Qualifier

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Okocha stole some of his moves.
:thumbs:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:

Play 3-5-2.
This data below is similar to what the evidence will reveal with other FAs. the data appears to be in conflict with your hypothesis

For Nigera..... ALL had their first SE cap in either a WC Qualifier or Afcon Qualifier

Ahmed Musa and Yobo played in the youth ranks. Musa played with the home based eagles. Okocha was already in camp before he made his official debut and he was already an established player for Frankfurt. Yekini was a camp body for the Eagles before he officially made his debut, same with Finidi.

Please give me an example of Brazil or Spain or Germany inviting an uncapped player for a world cup qualifier.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

maceo4 wrote:Omeruo, Idowu, Onyekuru, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Awaziem, and Uzoho are in camp.

Chinese na Uzoho be that? Looks old enough to be the coach sef :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.

Someone muzzle this clown
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

monaco terminates Echiejile Contract
L’Equipe states Monaco terminated the contract, and not the other way round like you stated
ohenhen1 wrote:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

KPOM.

Seychelles man, Seychelles. This is the perfect match for such a scenario.

Echijele has failed to sort out his club career. Only sentiments prevented Aina from taking his place in Russia. Ultimately a very stupid decision IMO.

Echijele as far as I and Rohr are concerened is finished as a SE. The writing is on the wall. The fact that Rohr would rather call up a brand new div 2 player shows Rohr no longer sees Elderson in his plans. The guy does not play competative football and some want him to play this "crucial" match.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote:monaco terminates Echiejile Contract
L’Equipe states Monaco terminated the contract, and not the other way round like you stated
ohenhen1 wrote:
Mutual end of the contract.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Why do you need an example from Brazil or Spain?
Do they play the same opposition as Nigeria during qualifiers? Seychelles is ranked north of 140 on the FIFA ranking scale, by the way. Overconfidence or not, this should be a cakewalk for Nigeria, for all intents and purposes!
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:

Play 3-5-2.

Ahmed Musa and Yobo played in the youth ranks. Musa played with the home based eagles. Okocha was already in camp before he made his official debut and he was already an established player for Frankfurt. Yekini was a camp body for the Eagles before he officially made his debut, same with Finidi.

Please give me an example of Brazil or Spain or Germany inviting an uncapped player for a world cup qualifier.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:

Play 3-5-2.

I could have continued my list but I offered you the link. You can look at other nationalities. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. I respect your opinion BUT disagree with it - no issue with this constant fact of life. Let the readers / forumers decide.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:

Play 3-5-2.

I could have continued my list but I offered you the link. You can look at other nationalities. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. I respect your opinion BUT disagree with it - no issue with this constant fact of life. Let the readers / forumers decide.
Well I still remember how S stephens made his debut against Guinea away in Afcon qualification. I think it is a bad idea to invite a 2nd division unknown player for an Afcon qualifier. Lets see him first in a friendly to see if he can play for the national team.

Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

The thing is, there is no real alternative.
Do you know that Brian Idowu has not played one single minute of club competitive football since the world cup? That’s almost 3 full months of ‘inactivity’.

Aina, Shehu and Ebuehi are all out injured. The only other fullback that could have been considered is Sincere Seth who is playing regularly for a medium club in Turkey, which is probably similar level to 2nd divison Germany.

Call me crazy, but the only person who could have possibly covered at right back and has the necessary big game experience, is Efe Ambrose. I guess seeing the quality if Seychelles, Rohr decided to take the risk with an eye to the future, rather than going for experience but no future.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Paveman wrote:The thing is, there is no real alternative.
Do you know that Brian Idowu has not played one single minute of club competitive football since the world cup? That’s almost 3 full months of ‘inactivity’.

Aina, Shehu and Ebuehi are all out injured. The only other fullback that could have been considered is Sincere Seth who is playing regularly for a medium club in Turkey, which is probably similar level to 2nd divison Germany.

Call me crazy, but the only person who could have possibly covered at right back and has the necessary big game experience, is Efe Ambrose. I guess seeing the quality if Seychelles, Rohr decided to take the risk with an eye to the future, rather than going for experience but no future.

There are real alternatives.

Stanley Amuzie has made 2 appearances for his club this season. He has played for the Olympic team.

Uwa Echiejile is a good option as a backup. He has experience playing for Nigeria.

Ikouwem Udo plays for Enyimba, left back. Recently helped Enyimba qualify for Quarterfinals of the CAF confederation cup. Played against Atletico Madrid in a friendly in Uyo. Part of the home based Eagles.

Chimas Akas has made 20 appearances for Kalmar FC. He has 18 caps for Nigeria.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Paveman wrote:The thing is, there is no real alternative.

Seth Sincere and Ambrose are Rightbacks.

Idowu is also a right back who has been playing on our left due to a lack of options.

Collins is a bonafide left back.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.
It is on Saturday.
That is what I thought as well. I wonder where - Oga Ohenhen1 - is getting his information.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odas wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
It is on Saturday.
That is what I thought as well. I wonder where - Oga Ohenhen1 - is getting his information.
I already corrected it earlier.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.
Who are the 'IDIOTS' of the forum? :???:
Mmm, hmm! Good kwesion! Oya, "Vancity eagle" (VE), over to you. VE, you curse too much, come-on!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.