Sunday Mba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sunday Mba

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote:Sunday Mba will for ever live be a Nigerian football legend his career may not have been as long as Yobo or Vincent but it took him one attempt and we won the ANC. JJ 9ja arguably most popular player could never carry the team to win even when we hosted the the competition. So I salute Sunday Mba much respect.
KPOM. Much respect to the guy who was critical to winning the 2013 AFCON.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

vancity eagle wrote:
Lager-back wrote:Where is he ?? :evil:

water will always find its level. Wasn't he in the French third division ?
He definitely found his level as an Elephant Slayer in 2013. Thanks to him, your RIP SE did not come to pass.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Sunday Mba will for ever live be a Nigerian football legend his career may not have been as long as Yobo or Vincent but it took him one attempt and we won the ANC. JJ 9ja arguably most popular player could never carry the team to win even when we hosted the the competition. So I salute Sunday Mba much respect.
KPOM. Much respect to the guy who was critical to winning the 2013 AFCON.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Much respect indeed.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

JAYJAY, KANU, MBA, RASHIDI, TARIBO etc

that's how he would be remembered ; among the Nigerian greats
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Much respect to a Nigerian LEGEND!

The Elephant Slayer
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ITK Vanity Eagle has shown some smarts by going into hiding,
after $hitting on himself in cybercity.
This stink will linger a while, so stay away Bro.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote::sad:
vancity eagle wrote:
Lager-back wrote:Where is he ?? :evil:

water will always find its level. Wasn't he in the French third division ?
Sunday Mba might not be an elite player, but show him some respect at least... he is the principal reason we can boast of a third Afcon winning trophy.

Thank YOU
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We would like to inform the leadership and management of CE to inform certain people... That we would not tolerate any abuse :mad: :mad: to Sunday Mba (even thinking about it alone in your mind :evil: :evil: ) would not be tolerated at all. By abusing Mba you are touching our HEARTS :thumbs: :thumbs: and we will be out of control :veryangry: :veryangry:

To the Nigerian Legend, Sunday Mba.

Our paths might never cross, but you shall live in my heart forever.

A couples of days before the AFCON final. I received a call that a Family friend (Aunty Bimpe) has passed on due to cancer at the tender age of 54. What a wonderful, caring and generous woman. Paid a condolence visit to the Husband and family on Sunday, the day of the final. Naija was playing our first AFCON final in years, yet the mood was down, downcast and sorrow, sadness filled the living room.

We were consoling the husband, yet could be too involved in the match, suddenly Sunday Mba scored. Whoa... the atmosphere changed joy, happiness, laughter and after the final whistle boy-o-boy, ecstasy. We were all brimming with smiles, our sad countenances had changed.

Every time I remember Aunty Bimpe or drive by her sleeping place, I remember Sunday Mba goal and the whole team.

So you now know why Sunday Mba is dear to our hearts, any abuse to Sunday Mba and you will be touching our hearts and we will be out of control.

Edit: Every time* I remember
Last edited by fabio on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

fabio wrote:We would like to inform the leadership and management of CE to inform certain people... That we would not tolerate any abuse :mad: :mad: to Sunday Mba (even thinking about it alone in your mind :evil: :evil: ) would not be tolerated at all. By abusing Mba you are touching our HEARTS :thumbs: :thumbs: and we will be out of control :veryangry: :veryangry:

A couples of days before the AFCON final. I received a call that a Family friend (Aunty Bimpe) has passed on due to cancer at the tender age of 54. What a wonderful, caring and generous woman. Paid a condolence visit to the Husband and family on Sunday, the day of the final. Naija was playing our first AFCON final in years, yet the mood was down, downcast and sorrow, sadness filled the living room.

We were consoling the husband, yet could be too involved in the match, suddenly Sunday Mba scored. Whoa... the atmosphere changed joy, happiness, laughter and after the final whistle boy-o-boy, ecstasy. We were all brimming with smiles, our sad countenances had changed.

Every I remember Aunty Bimpe or drive by her sleeping place, I remember Sunday Mba goal and the whole team.

So you now know why Sunday Mba is dear to our hearts, any abuse to Sunday Mba and you will be touching our hearts and we will be out of control.

wow!
What a touching, yet beautiful story
Some memories will forever stick due to the uniqueness of the events surrounding them - I Feel You
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:We would like to inform the leadership and management of CE to inform certain people... That we would not tolerate any abuse :mad: :mad: to Sunday Mba (even thinking about it alone in your mind :evil: :evil: ) would not be tolerated at all. By abusing Mba you are touching our HEARTS :thumbs: :thumbs: and we will be out of control :veryangry: :veryangry:

Every I remember Aunty Bimpe or drive by her sleeping place, I remember Sunday Mba goal and the whole team.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I bet Ghana wish they had a Sunday Mba!!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

This is the most stupid tread ever..................How dare you good for nothing lazy youths come on here to make fun of a national hero?

What have you done for your country lately besides clowning on social media?

You people must lack joy in your miserable life :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

wale1974 wrote:This is the most stupid tread ever..................How dare you good for nothing lazy youths come on here to make fun of a national hero?

You people must lack joy in your miserable life :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
This thread has backfired on the originator and turned into a Sunday Mba appreciation thread.

The originator should go an open threads and poke fun of real waste-pipes such as Makinwa, Benedict, Reuben,Olofinjana, Eguavon, Ighalo, Nwofor, Babatunde, Barwua ,Sola,Uchebo,Agbim, Oshaniwa etc etc and leave our hero alone. They think winning ANC na beans
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Flex Swift wrote:
wale1974 wrote:This is the most stupid tread ever..................How dare you good for nothing lazy youths come on here to make fun of a national hero?

This thread has backfired on the originator and turned into a Sunday Mba appreciation thread.

The originator should go an open threads and poke fun of real waste-pipes such as Makinwa, Benedict, Reuben,Olofinjana, Eguavon, Ighalo, Nwofor, Babatunde, Barwua ,Sola,Uchebo,Agbim, Oshaniwa etc etc and leave our hero alone. They think winning ANC na beans

It's not the thread starter, but the resident abuser that spewed rubbish about the LEGENDARY Mba.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

akamoke wrote:Yes, Sunday Mba is a national Hero
Thank you, my Oga! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:I bet Ghana wish they had a Sunday Mba!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai, Ghananese don sofa
Last edited by Odas on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:There’s no way I would had been on CE in 2013 and allow people to denigrate Sunday MBA like how VE just did now. A player that scored 2 world class goals and brought ANC to us is called all these disparaging names Smh. Mba is a Legend
Actually, you would have called Sunday Mba a "backwater" player, and insisted we should not only expect to lose to Cote d'Ivoire and Mali because they had better players, but should also be happy and full of joy when we lose to them (as opposed to being angry and complaining about it).
:lol: :lol: :lol: winning games they had no business winning.

Don't forget they "fired" the coach during the tourney... only to rescind it. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Every time I remember Aunty Bimpe or drive by her sleeping place, I remember Sunday Mba goal and the whole team.

Beautiful story.
Thanks for sharing.

I can't bear to watch the highlights and seeing Coach Keshi. It saddens me... :atc:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Sunday Mba, fussballgott!
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:

Beautiful story.
Thanks for sharing.

I can't bear to watch the highlights and seeing Coach Keshi. It saddens me... :atc:
I am actually happy when I watch the headlights. It's not how long you live, but what you accomplished. The MAN made a MAJOR accomplishment before getting called home. Let's cherish and celebrate his life, and pray for his soul. No need to be sad...no NFF members can harass him any longer.

back to Mba....Ghana, with a generation that had Muntari+Essien+Gyan, plus strong supporting cast, could not do what Mba did when it mattered.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The Eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:There’s no way I would had been on CE in 2013 and allow people to denigrate Sunday MBA like how VE just did now. A player that scored 2 world class goals and brought ANC to us is called all these disparaging names Smh. Mba is a Legend
Actually, you would have called Sunday Mba a "backwater" player, and insisted we should not only expect to lose to Cote d'Ivoire and Mali because they had better players, but should also be happy and full of joy when we lose to them (as opposed to being angry and complaining about it).
Are you minding the servant of the German LEARNER?

They wasted an entire World cup while waxing learning lyrics about the clubs of our opponents.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

jette1 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 pm JAYJAY, KANU, MBA, RASHIDI, TARIBO etc

that's how he would be remembered ; among the Nigerian greats

Not true...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp