Coach Salisu Yusuf ban for accepting the "brown" envelope

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Coach Salisu Yusuf ban for accepting the "brown" envelop

Post by mcal »

...damn shame.
Took $1000 and stand to lose his monthly $8000.
Greed and stupidity aplenty.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't feel sorry for him. He took a bribe and was caught. He should be fired. 1 year suspension is not enough.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I knew CE is full of puny minded back-boneless, spineless mugus who get blown by the smallest wind there is. see all these ones dancing to Demunks tunes. whats all these I apologize for my statement and crap above; why dont you guys get together and have a slumber party or something. you should stand by your words. You need to look at the incident in context.
We are essentially allowing a stupid Ghanaian to come in and destabilize our institution by sowing seeds of discord that did not exist before all these. The punishment is completely misplaced when looked at in context and given salisu's impeccable record. We are talking about a Ghanaian staged event designed to miss-characterize an innocent meek man. Was this a real Quid pro quo then the decision would be justified. complete colonial mentality decision lacking in contextual merit but only designed to please foreign audience
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
rudellar
Egg
Egg

Post by rudellar »

Jette, u Don miss rd for this one. I read and enjoy ur comments alot. However i have to disagree. There is nothing wrong in apologising when wrong or when u offend others. In fact it is the rt thing to do. Standing by ur words even when u realize ur words are wrong is just plain retrogressive to u and to society at large. U stand by stuff u believe in. When u realize ur beliefs were misplaced u adjust ur opinion and stance accordingly. That's like saying even though u voted for a person who failed, and u realized he failed, u still gonna vote for him cos "u stand by ur words". I hope u don't take this the wrong way. Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:I knew CE is full of puny minded back-boneless, spineless mugus who get blown by the smallest wind there is. see all these ones dancing to Demunks tunes. whats all these I apologize for my statement and crap above; why dont you guys get together and have a slumber party or something. you should stand by your words. You need to look at the incident in context.
We are essentially allowing a stupid Ghanaian to come in and destabilize our institution by sowing seeds of discord that did not exist before all these. The punishment is completely misplaced when looked at in context and given salisu's impeccable record. We are talking about a Ghanaian staged event designed to miss-characterize an innocent meek man. Was this a real Quid pro quo then the decision would be justified. complete colonial mentality decision lacking in contextual merit but only designed to please foreign audience
What is it with you and Damunk sef?
Nobody is dancing to anybody's tune here. We are just exchanging ideas like mature men which you seem to have increasing difficulty achieving of late.
If nor be say you claim say you been grow up for my neighborhood in Surulere about the same time, I for just deal with you like I used to. But since I realised you were my homeboy, I just dey chill for you.
But don't push it.
Me and you nor dey compete for anytin. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

rudellar wrote:Jette, u Don miss rd for this one. I read and enjoy ur comments alot. However i have to disagree. There is nothing wrong in apologising when wrong or when u offend others. In fact it is the rt thing to do. Standing by ur words even when u realize ur words are wrong is just plain retrogressive to u and to society at large. U stand by stuff u believe in. When u realize ur beliefs were misplaced u adjust ur opinion and stance accordingly. That's like saying even though u voted for a person who failed, and u realized he failed, u still gonna vote for him cos "u stand by ur words". I hope u don't take this the wrong way. Cheers.
Jette1 has been missing road and missing bus a lot lately. In fact, many have expressed concern.
Me sef dey worried.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

jette1 wrote:I knew CE is full of puny minded back-boneless, spineless mugus who get blown by the smallest wind there is. see all these ones dancing to Demunks tunes. whats all these I apologize for my statement and crap above; why dont you guys get together and have a slumber party or something. you should stand by your words. You need to look at the incident in context.
He took a bribe on camera.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

He should've been fired and banned for life from coaching any of the national teams. He can go and coach private teams. It's more important to send a strong enough message as a deterrent, than to offer leniency.

Why can't we just get some simple things right?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:He should've been fired and banned for life from coaching any of the national teams. He can go and coach private teams. It's more important to send a strong enough message as a deterrent, than to offer leniency.

Because "we are talking about a Ghanaian staged event designed to miss-characterize an innocent meek man." according to Jette1. :D
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:He should've been fired and banned for life from coaching any of the national teams. He can go and coach private teams. It's more important to send a strong enough message as a deterrent, than to offer leniency.

Because "we are talking about a Ghanaian staged event designed to miss-characterize an innocent meek man." according to Jette1. :D
He is neither innocent or meek enough to take monetary gift from 'strangers', and sober
enough to realize that $750 is not $1,000.
We teach kids not to take candy from strangers, yet we want to argue that an adult
coach can take monetary gift from people he is ignorant of their motives.
Coach Yusuf should go get a job outside the NFF for at least for five years, and if he proves
to be good enough for a national job, then should we be talking about a second chance.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

As long as he got a fair hearing, it's all good. A fair hearing would have addressed all concerns including the setup.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

charlie wrote:Damunk, first of all, I apologize for the "utter nonsense" comment I made earlier.
It was uncalled for, and came from my personal passion and life story when it comes to my experience of Western Justice. Please accept my apologies.

I think we have to start by agreeing on what we mean by compassion when it comes to punishment first and foremost.

In my opinion, Justice without empathy is simply revenge, which is also a crime on society.

True compassion is not ignoring a crime or allowing the guilty to go unpunished. It is understanding the causes behind a crime and then applying a punishment that ultimately serves the best interests of the offended parties, the guilty, and above all, society. True justice seeks balance, not retribution.

In coach Salisu's case, I believe the interests of society have been served in his punishment. He accepted a $1000 bribe and in return, he has been disgraced, his livelyhood is in jeorpady and his story serves as a deterrent to others. Anything more than this, including a lifetime ban in a job he is good at, is excessive and is not in the interest of society. He should be given a chance to rebuild his life and livelyhood after serving his punishment. That for me is what I call compassion and empathy in justice and I think it has been served here.
Sorry Charlie. I somehow missed this.
Thanks, but no need to apologise for anything.
No yawa at all and I agree in principle with what you are saying. :thumb:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote:...damn shame.
:rotf: You can’t pay a thief enough to stop his favourite past time,a lot of the crime committed is blamed on poverty but criminals don’t stop when they make a million!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
mcal wrote:...damn shame.
:rotf: You can’t pay a thief enough to stop his favourite past time,a lot of the crime committed is blamed on poverty but criminals don’t stop when they make a million!
I just hope Nigerians don’t do what they usually do and let this criminal resurface in another position,how many worthy players have been dropped or replace so that he can line his pockets?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:bump: :bump: :bump:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
What is it with you and Damunk sef?
Nobody is dancing to anybody's tune here. We are just exchanging ideas like mature men which you seem to have increasing difficulty achieving of late.
If nor be say you claim say you been grow up for my neighborhood in Surulere about the same time, I for just deal with you like I used to. But since I realised you were my homeboy, I just dey chill for you.
But don't push it.
Me and you nor dey compete for anytin. :idea:
stop being emotional geeeze ...be a man
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved