WAFU U-17 Live: Nigeria versus Cote dVoire

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WAFU U-17 Live: Nigeria versus Cote dVoire

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think Nigeria need to revamp the youth system. Emphasis should be on more technical and tactical development. Less on winning. What we have today

1. Cheating, they are trying to beat the MRI test.
2. Gra Gra football. The team is just running at the opposition. I want to see one touch passing. Crosses into the box. I want to see good defensive shape. I want to see pressing. Passing out of the press. Got to teach the kids early.

3. Manu Garba style will dominate the U17 ranks. But once he gets to the U20 level it won't work. Because most players at the U20 level are also physically gifted semi pros. This is why Manu Garba failed at the U20 level and was demoted back to the U17 team.

4. I think we need a new U17 coach. Also ban the transfer of any player U18 to a foreign club. We should discourage young players from joining foreign clubs until they are ready. We need a good local league.
5. Have monthly camps for the U13, U15, U17 and U20 teams.
6. Also encourage the kids to be more creative.
7. Teach the same system the Senior team is using.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

onovo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Good individual talent. Looks like Nigeria is using the physical advantage, a lot of gra gra football. Am not impressed.
Did you watch our match against BFASO ? You will understand that one of the limitations of these eaglets is the lack of physical presence. These has been identified by pundit in https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/05/a ... kina-faso/
Also don't forget the Beninoise U-17 official earlier sighted this before they where disqualified. You might say it is gragra, I say it is football at its raw state, you should not expect refined football at that level, haba ! The key point for me is development of these young lads. I commend CAF and their supervised MRI system, this has brought sanity to the U-17 tournament in Africa. All the teams participating in this tournament brought really young lad. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This is the time fix bad habits. Teach the kids good habits early. Go look at the German and Spanish youth teams. BTW physically gifted is not only about how big you are. The Eaglets look like they are faster than their opponents.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think Nigeria need to revamp the youth system. Emphasis should be on more technical and tactical development. Less on winning. What we have today

2. Gra Gra football. The team is just running at the opposition. I want to see one touch passing. Crosses into the box. I want to see good defensive shape. I want to see pressing. Passing out of the press. Got to teach the kids early.

3. Manu Garba style will dominate the U17 ranks. But once he gets to the U20 level it won't work. Because most players at the U20 level are also physically gifted semi pros. This is why Manu Garba failed at the U20 level and was demoted back to the U17 team.

4. I think we need a new U17 coach. Also ban the transfer of any player U18 to a foreign club. We should discourage young players from joining foreign clubs until they are ready. We need a good local league.
I am beginning to understand why you attract so many insults on this forum.
Good for you that you have a thick skin and commendably always keep it civil, but man, you can try somebody's patience. :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think Nigeria need to revamp the youth system. Emphasis should be on more technical and tactical development. Less on winning. What we have today

1. Hope this cheating issue is not because Nigeria won ! But let me ask you a simple question. Do you really think is that easy to get extremely over aged players to beat the MRI system ? Knowing the probability at which an over 18 years old would pass the test ? Do your maths very well and argue intelligently. The Mathematical possibility would mean coach Manu Garba would have to get thousands of players face the test. How can he manage that ? who would fund it ? is it realistic ? Don't be Ignorant, please talk with facts. I guess you are educated ?

2. Coach Manu Garba's team is known for what you sought for. So I will not comment further on that. Can you please name any countries U-17 team other than Nigeria whose model fits what you described and can be adopted ?

3. FYI, Manu Garba won the U-20 AYC in 2015, and got eliminated in the second round of the WYC. This is a very good result in all fairness or do you define that as a failure ? . The Eventual winner of that tournament was Serbia Montenegro. But let me ask you a simple question ? How many countries has won the U-17 world cup, and then win the U-20 world cup in the next two years ?

4. You can apply to be the U-17 coach or possibly recommend one for us. Be rational please and not emotional. Asking an U-17 graduate to remain in the current league with its state and such player has an opportunity to sign for top European team would be suicidal. How many of our clubs have feeders team ? The truth is that we don't have the league to further develop this players after graduating from the U-17, this is where science comes in to play and the Europeans are advantageous.

5. The current NFF currently have an U-13, U-15 team and where camped and trained. The U-15 just returned from the AYG tounament in Algeria. Some of the players are currently in Niger with Coach Manu Garba in Niamey. What do you say about that ? Please commend the FA when they deserve it and not been an armchair critics.

6. Good point raised.

7. I love your point number 7. God bless you. :thumbs:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He failed at the U20 level and was demoted back to the U17 level. If he was a success. He would still be at the U20 level. He was out coached at the U20 level. I watched every single game. The guy benched Kelechi Iheanacho.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If you like throw your insults at me. @Damunk.

But living in fantasy is not a good thing. Stop deceiving yourselves.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Behold, Nigeria's Victorious U17 team.

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

ohenhen1 wrote:He failed at the U20 level and was demoted back to the U17 level. If he was a success. He would still be at the U20 level. He was out coached at the U20 level. I watched every single game. The guy benched Kelechi Iheanacho.
Let me ask you a question. Because Manu Garba won the U-17 world cup, does that mean he must also win the U-20 world cup to prove he is a good coach ? Just like Manu Garba all coaches makes mistake, they are human ! But If you describe Manu Garba as a failure at U-20 after wining the U-20 AYC, and eliminated from the second round of the U-20 WYC, then I choose not to further argue with you as it is your rightful opinion which is subjective. God bless you!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

onovo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He failed at the U20 level and was demoted back to the U17 level. If he was a success. He would still be at the U20 level. He was out coached at the U20 level. I watched every single game. The guy benched Kelechi Iheanacho.
Let me ask you a question. Because Manu Garba won the U-17 world cup, does that mean he must also win the U-20 world cup to prove he is a good coach ? Just like Manu Garba all coaches makes mistake, they are human ! But If you describe Manu Garba as a failure at U-20 after wining the U-20 AYC, and eliminated from the second round of the U-20 WYC, then I choose not to further argue with you as it is your rightful opinion which is subjective. God bless you!
I really don't care about the results at youth level. What I look for is how they are coached. How the players are developing. Manu Garba was out coached at the U20 world cup. The gra gra didn't work.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:If you like throw your insults at me. @Damunk.

This is exactly why you can get under somebody's skin.
Did I even suggest that I was about to, or wanted to insult you?
Have I ever?
All I said is that "you can try somebody's patience" with some of your outrageous posts.
Maybe in your book, that is an insult sha.

If anybody lives in a fantasy world, I suspect it is you - and public opinion will probably back up my suspicions if there were to be a poll on the matter. :idea:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:

Have I ever?
All I said is that "you can try somebody's patience" with some of your outrageous posts.

If anybody lives in a fantasy world, I suspect it is you - and public opinion will probably back up my suspicions if there were to be a poll on the matter. :idea:
That is the problem right there. I certainly don't formulate my opinion based on public opinion or political correctness. Why don't you try and disprove my claims instead of waiting for public opinion to back you up with polls and etc.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:

Good for you that you have a thick skin and commendably always keep it civil, but man, you can try somebody's patience. :?

I am utterly convinced he is a bot. There is NO WAY a fully grown adult can "reason" in such a manner. It is impossible.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I am utterly convinced he is a bot. There is NO WAY a fully grown adult can "reason" in such a manner. It is impossible.
O is very smart but even more stubborn.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Have I ever?

That is the problem right there. I certainly don't formulate my opinion based on public opinion or political correctness. Why don't you try and disprove my claims instead of waiting for public opinion to back you up with polls and etc.
If CE was paid N1 every time people on this form have shown your posts to be seriously flawed, we'd be richer than Facebook.
Guys are tired.
But some people get endurance pass others. :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

.....TO WOZZ YOU DEY HUNGRY ME! :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)