Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
Tanzania head coach Amunike expects a “positive result” against Uganda | AFCON 2019 qualifier

16 hours ago
by David Isabirye


AFCON 2019 Qualifiers (Group L): Saturday, 8th September 2018

Uganda Cranes Vs Tanzania Taifa Stars
Mandela National Stadium, Namboole – Kampala (4 PM)

Emmanuel Amunike expects a positive result against Uganda Cranes

Newly appointed Tanzania national football team head coach Emmanuel Amunike has hinted on the expectations from his charges ahead of the AFCON 2019 group L qualifier against Uganda at the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole.

Addressing the media in Dar es salaam on Wednesday, the African football legend says he expects a positive result when they play against Uganda.

I am happy that we have all the players; those foreign and local based players. It has given us the opportunity to assess them. Our objective coming to Uganda is to come up with a positive result.

Amunike is a strict disciplinarian and the Tanzanians have already felt his wrath suspending seven players from the team for reporting late for training.

Six players from Simba (Shomari Kapombe, Jonas Mkude, Erasto Nyoni, Hassan Dilunga, Shiza Ramadhan and lanky deadly forward John Bocco0 alongside Yanga’s Feisal Salum who were sidelined after failure to report for training on the expected day.

Subsequently, Amunike summoned other new faces as Salum Kihimbwa, Salum Kimenya, Kelvin Sabato, Paul Ngalema, Alla Abdukadir, Frank Domayo and David Mwantika.

The Taifa Stars delegation is expected to arrive in Uganda on Thursday and will be accommodated at Hotel Africana.

Currently, Uganda Cranes lead group L with three points after that slim 1-0 away victory to Cape Verde.

Tanzania and Lesotho each have a point following the one all draw in the opener.

https://www.kawowo.com/2018/09/06/tanza ... ualifiers/

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37209
Location: UK
Kabalega wrote:
Tanzania head coach Amunike expects a “positive result” against Uganda | AFCON 2019 qualifier

16 hours ago
by David Isabirye


AFCON 2019 Qualifiers (Group L): Saturday, 8th September 2018

Uganda Cranes Vs Tanzania Taifa Stars
Mandela National Stadium, Namboole – Kampala (4 PM)

Emmanuel Amunike expects a positive result against Uganda Cranes

Newly appointed Tanzania national football team head coach Emmanuel Amunike has hinted on the expectations from his charges ahead of the AFCON 2019 group L qualifier against Uganda at the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole.

Addressing the media in Dar es salaam on Wednesday, the African football legend says he expects a positive result when they play against Uganda.

I am happy that we have all the players; those foreign and local based players. It has given us the opportunity to assess them. Our objective coming to Uganda is to come up with a positive result.

Amunike is a strict disciplinarian and the Tanzanians have already felt his wrath suspending seven players from the team for reporting late for training.

Six players from Simba (Shomari Kapombe, Jonas Mkude, Erasto Nyoni, Hassan Dilunga, Shiza Ramadhan and lanky deadly forward John Bocco0 alongside Yanga’s Feisal Salum who were sidelined after failure to report for training on the expected day.

Subsequently, Amunike summoned other new faces as Salum Kihimbwa, Salum Kimenya, Kelvin Sabato, Paul Ngalema, Alla Abdukadir, Frank Domayo and David Mwantika.

The Taifa Stars delegation is expected to arrive in Uganda on Thursday and will be accommodated at Hotel Africana.

Currently, Uganda Cranes lead group L with three points after that slim 1-0 away victory to Cape Verde.

Tanzania and Lesotho each have a point following the one all draw in the opener.

https://www.kawowo.com/2018/09/06/tanza ... ualifiers/
Amu giving them some 'tough love'. :D
Meanwhile, they are still spelling his name wrong.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
We all know that Uganda are the E. African heavy weights.
Amu and his TZ boys have been accorded all manner of comfort, UG's fault, but at the end of the day, FUFA's Cameroon 09 project will reign supreme.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7570
Kabalega wrote:
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.



Great result for him and a terrific way to start out in his first match in charge of the Taifa Stars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14314
Location: Houston, Texas.
mystic wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.



Great result for him and a terrific way to start out in his first match in charge of the Taifa Stars.



They were the better team too. Uganda is a rubbish team sha! Very below average.

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
At the end of the day, Uganda leads the group with 4 points.
While Tanzania has 2 points.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56818
Amuneke just need to finish 2nd.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20855
Location: Ukwuani
mystic wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.

Great result for him and a terrific way to start out in his first match in charge of the Taifa Stars.

Sometimes, especially in "away games", the best option is to park the bus. Now, the suspended players will sit-up next time and come to camp on time. Good result for our homeboy (the coach).

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20855
Location: Ukwuani
Kabalega wrote:
At the end of the day, Uganda leads the group with 4 points.
While Tanzania has 2 points.

It seems the result of the match is paining "Oga Kabalega", else why ... ?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7570
Odas wrote:
mystic wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.

Great result for him and a terrific way to start out in his first match in charge of the Taifa Stars.

Sometimes, especially in "away games", the best option is to park the bus. Now, the suspended players will sit-up next time and come to camp on time. Good result for our homeboy (the coach).



I watched a seven minute stretch of the first half and didn't see any "bus parking". In the second half star man Mbwatta was played through on goal and failed to beat Onyango one on one, so they had a chance to steal an away win. On the whole though, from what I saw, Uganda failed to take their chances. Thus the scoreline.

Again, great result for Amuneke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
At the end of the day, Uganda leads the group with 4 points.
While Tanzania has 2 points.

It seems the result of the match is paining "Oga Kabalega", else why ... ?

You're supposed to win home games.
The new expensive FC, claims to have come in with an attacking philosophy, but we have yet to see it.
He is getting the same results as the LC he replaced.

Now they should go to Tanzania and grab a result, which they can, but why make it complicated?

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13776
Location: Here
mystic wrote:
Odas wrote:
mystic wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Amu parks the bus and wins his first point.

Great result for him and a terrific way to start out in his first match in charge of the Taifa Stars.

Sometimes, especially in "away games", the best option is to park the bus. Now, the suspended players will sit-up next time and come to camp on time. Good result for our homeboy (the coach).



I watched a seven minute stretch of the first half and didn't see any "bus parking". In the second half star man Mbwatta was played through on goal and failed to beat Onyango one on one, so they had a chance to steal an away win. On the whole though, from what I saw, Uganda failed to take their chances. Thus the scoreline.

Again, great result for Amuneke.

Onyango, Africa's finest, rose to the occasion with that double save.
Sematta is no slouch in front of goal, so he probably took a bow at Onyango's heroics. :thumbs:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gochino, Google [Bot], ikeo, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group