Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:28 pm 

Definitely showed he belonged. I feel if the pitch was better he would have been a lot more dangerous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 pm 

ogasir wrote:
Definitely showed he belonged. I feel if the pitch was better he would have been a lot more dangerous

he is certainly on the team to stay. IMHO, even though this was against Seychelles, Kalu will be the first name in that position with Simon and Onyekuru looking in.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 pm 

He was good, just have to do better with the final ball. That will come with more exprience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:33 pm 

ogasir wrote:

That boy is top quality, you can't get the ball of him..he got kicked a lot...huge talent..just made our team so much better.. I was impressed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:34 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

he is certainly on the team to stay. IMHO, even though this was against Seychelles, Kalu will be the first name in that position with Simon and Onyekuru looking in.

Onyekuru should start, his pace is devastating. I wonder why Rohr is not playing him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:38 pm 

Kalu was awarded MOTM for his superb debut.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:42 pm 

Very spry performance. Earned us our third goal (penalty in 2nd half) with a nice dribble that forced the defense to commit a foul. Good performance to start his SE career.

Its good to have the competition with Henry and Moses. We have always excelled with producing wingers, and its time to resurrect the next generation of World class Nigerian wingers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:43 pm 

Very spry performance. Earned us our third goal (penalty in 2nd half) with a nice dribble that forced the defense to commit a foul. Good performance to start his SE career.

Its good to have the competition with Henry and Moses. We have always excelled with producing wingers, and its time to resurrect the next generation of World class Nigerian wingers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:44 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onyekuru should start, his pace is devastating. I wonder why Rohr is not playing him.

Certainly not ahead of Kalu. I have watched both of them at their clubs. Kalu is very intense in his play. I wondered if he could do that in SE colors and he confirmed that today. Onyekuru is fast but for him to start you would have to move Musa to the center and Ighalo to the bench. That means you have no forward to hold up the ball in very difficult games. Rohr has severally stated his preference for a forward capable of holding up the ball. Even Musa cannot do this better than Ighalo. However, Musa's pace is extraordinary and right now has to be ahead of Onyekuru unless when played up top. Just my tuppence.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Certainly not ahead of Kalu. I have watched both of them at their clubs. Kalu is very intense in his play. I wondered if he could do that in SE colors and he confirmed that today. Onyekuru is fast but for him to start you would have to move Musa to the center and Ighalo to the bench. That means you have no forward to hold up the ball in very difficult games. Rohr has severally stated his preference for a forward capable of holding up the ball. Even Musa cannot do this better than Ighalo. However, Musa's pace is extraordinary and right now has to be ahead of Onyekuru unless when played up top. Just my tuppence.

kalu and Onyekuru should both be in the lineup. Musa should come off the bench as a central striker. We need to find a new striker.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:57 pm 

Top talent, did very well :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:58 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

kalu and Onyekuru should both be in the lineup. Musa should come off the bench as a central striker. We need to find a new striker.

After his opening goal? Na real wa for you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:06 pm 

Kalu brought energy, pace and skills to the frontline. He was awarded the MOTM for a good reason.
Meanwhile, Onyekuru was brought in late so there wasn't enough to access his performance in GWG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:08 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Against Seychelles. The Seychelles defender should have closed him down and blocked that shot. But it was a good strike. He can be a super sub.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 pm 

Did very well. Hard choosing between him and onyeluru though. Onyekuru looked as good too when he came on but tended to drift inside more... Onyekuru is more direct you can see he always has goals on his mind.

I'm just happy we have talents we can incorporate into the team. It can be argued that Rohr's decision to play 3-5-2 at the world cup is related to lacking wingers. Rohr went to the world cup with only 2 wingers... ended up playing one of them as a wingback and the other as a striker.

awamaridi ni!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:36 pm 

Our best player today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 pm 

Like most of our players, he had a few moments that left you scratching your head, but on the whole, he looked like he belonged and was our most creative player. However, his crossing left a lot to be desired (he is normaly a very good crosser of the ball so the pitch might have been a factor).

I thought that the trio of Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi and Leon Balogun were our best players on the day. Kalu was the next best player and flashed the ability to grow into a key player for us.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Here you go again always making erreneous conclusion . You are one of the guys who has helped to ruin the standard of SE. I don't who made you a pundit in soccer. You are nothing but a charlatan always trying to be politically expedient . Honestly I wish you keep your opinions to yourself or best disappear into to .

Last edited by bully12 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 pm 

I knew we weren't really going to miss Moses, between Kalu and Onyekuru I can't tell who is the better player. But one thing sure is that Kalu, Onyekuru, Simon Moses, and Musa will be nightmares for any defense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 pm 

Tobi17 wrote:
I knew we weren't really going to miss Moses, between Kalu and Onyekuru I can't tell who is the better player. But one thing sure is that Kalu, Onyekuru, Simon Moses, and Musa will be nightmares for any defense.

It's just Seychelles. Way too early to judge whether or not Victor Moses is missed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm 

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onyekuru, Kalu and Musa should be the attacking 3, based on current form, ighalo can hug the bench. Musa is still useless on the wings, let Musa play 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:59 pm 

9jaMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onyekuru, Kalu and Musa should be the attacking 3, based on current form, ighalo can hug the bench. Musa is still useless on the wings, let Musa play 9

We still need a striker. Some one that our opponents will fear like Yekini. Musa is okay, but he is not a proper target man.

I hope Rohr will experiment with Musa, Onyekuru and Kalu upfront in the next game. Give Nwankwo a run out in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:33 pm 

Honestly I keep wondering the fool Rohr where did they get him from . The stupid does no know any damn thing about soccer. I passionately detest the simpleton. Before he is through with the team he will decimate the team beyond recognition .