Samuel Kalu's debut. How did he do?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Samuel Kalu's debut. How did he do?

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Kalu was great

Onyekuru looked a handfull when he came on

Isaac Success also has much to say in this forward line debate IMO

Against Liberia hopefully we get to see both Kalu and Onyekuru on opposing flanks.
You can certainly bet on it the fool will feature Onyekuru for few minutes.

If Rohr does not start Onyekuru, or let him play for the vast majority of the match, I will have to ask some serious questions.

Onyekuru needs to take his opportunity and ingrain it in Rohr's mind that he is the real deal. I am convinced Rohr will not ignore any player who does the business on the pitch.
Rohr has started him before, he just didn’t stand out.
why are you pervading malicious lies ? You watched the match he didn't stand or you came to your stupid and erreneous conclusion based on hearsay. Please be honest once in your lifetime. What match I may ask? Please post the video so others may watch and make their own inference or desist instantly from your foolish prevarication . Honestly I hate blatant and shameless liars whose intent are to denigrate someone.
Please tell how many times have Musa, Kelechi and Ighalo have played very poorly yet the angel* continues to feature them prominently ?
This continuous neglecting of Onyekuru by this fool of a human being is definitely insidious and something that does not meet the eyes but surely not a football reason. There is no question in my mind Onyekuru is in the same with Mohammed Salah and no other Nigerian player comes remotely including the highly adulated Kalu.
I watched the match vs Togo, it was on Youtube live, Onyekuru didn't stand out...haba you want me to lie? Despite not standing out, Onyekuru is still in Rohr's plans and just played the last match yet thats not enough for you. You need to relax and let him PROVE himself in GWG. If he had a performance like Kalu just did he would be pushing for a starting spot.
Please sir prove me wrong post the match so others can watch and draw their conclusions. If you can't stop all your prevarications and do mea cupa mea cupa move on.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:

Against Liberia hopefully we get to see both Kalu and Onyekuru on opposing flanks.

If Rohr does not start Onyekuru, or let him play for the vast majority of the match, I will have to ask some serious questions.

Onyekuru needs to take his opportunity and ingrain it in Rohr's mind that he is the real deal. I am convinced Rohr will not ignore any player who does the business on the pitch.
why are you pervading malicious lies ? You watched the match he didn't stand or you came to your stupid and erreneous conclusion based on hearsay. Please be honest once in your lifetime. What match I may ask? Please post the video so others may watch and make their own inference or desist instantly from your foolish prevarication . Honestly I hate blatant and shameless liars whose intent are to denigrate someone.
Please tell how many times have Musa, Kelechi and Ighalo have played very poorly yet the angel* continues to feature them prominently ?
This continuous neglecting of Onyekuru by this fool of a human being is definitely insidious and something that does not meet the eyes but surely not a football reason. There is no question in my mind Onyekuru is in the same with Mohammed Salah and no other Nigerian player comes remotely including the highly adulated Kalu.
You've now graduated to insulting people who don't share your shallow, flip-flopping POV.
E be like your Onitsha market grammar don expire and your way of remaining relevant na to insult everybody upandan.
You funny nor be small. :rotf:
Snake oil seller honestly I do not have your time . Unscrupulous human being.
Too much time spent reading dictionary upside down. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:Like most of our players, he had a few moments that left you scratching your head, but on the whole, he looked like he belonged and was our most creative player. However, his crossing left a lot to be desired (he is normaly a very good crosser of the ball so the pitch might have been a factor).

I thought that the trio of Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi and Leon Balogun were our best players on the day. Kalu was the next best player and flashed the ability to grow into a key player for us.
Mystic,

TBH, it is difficult to evaluate the guys based on the field and the opponent but Kalu definitely solidified his position, even with this game, as a starter. He, IMHO, was the best guy out there closely followed by Musa. It will be difficult for either Onyekuru or Simon to beat Kalu to that spot. As for Onyekuru, his best option to make the starting spot is play opposite of Kalu and that is if Musa is to be moved centrally. The only thing I worry though is that even though Musa has shown that he is quite good at that position, he isn't a danger off set-pieces and we would have to rely on Balogun and Ekong for those moments.

EII,

I singled out the trio of Musa, Ndidi and Balogun because they consistently made key plays that kept us on the front foot throughout the game. Additionally, I felt that they were the players that stood out in terms of mental sharpness and made the least mental mistakes during the game.

As for Kalu, he was the most creative player on the pitch, and definitely had a performance that he can build on for future games. After watching him carefully over the past couple of seasons, what I love about his game is that he is an assist master who will chip in with his fair share of goals. He's also improving defensively which is equally important.

Moving on to Onyekuru, I think that he will continue to come off the bench for now. Among our wing forwards, he's the most dynamic in the attacking third of the pitch and I think that we've already seen glimpses of what he can offer in the limited minutes that he's had with the Super Eagles to this point. Where he must improve is in the execution of his defensive assignments. But he's a special talent.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I salivate on a Kalu/henry and musa on the wings or Musa as support , and isaac success as striker and Iwobi playing the playmaker role. it would be manic. Speed, skill, dribbles and physicality and bashing of Isaac.

But I would love Isaac to win that starting shirt before calling him to the National team at Watford and I think he would do that in the next few weeks.

one of Kalu or Henry on bench to sub anyone of the starting wingers. Mikel or Etebo to sub Iwobi.

Simon on "standby" sub bench.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

I salivate on a Kalu/henry and musa on the wings or Musa as support , and isaac success as striker and Iwobi playing the playmaker role. it would be manic. Speed, skill, dribbles and physicality and bashing of Isaac.

But I would love Isaac to win that starting shirt before calling him to the National team at Watford and I think he would do that in the next few weeks.

one of Kalu or Henry on bench to sub anyone of the starting wingers. Mikel or Etebo to sub Iwobi.

Ademola lookman has also switched to Nigeria
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:

I watched the match vs Togo, it was on Youtube live, Onyekuru didn't stand out...haba you want me to lie? Despite not standing out, Onyekuru is still in Rohr's plans and just played the last match yet thats not enough for you. You need to relax and let him PROVE himself in GWG. If he had a performance like Kalu just did he would be pushing for a starting spot.
Please sir prove me wrong post the match so others can watch and draw their conclusions. If you can't stop all your prevarications and do mea cupa mea cupa move on.
At the end of the day, Kalu put up a MOTM performance so he will get more chances, Onyekuru will have to fight for scraps till he starts showing the same kind of performance. I know it hurts you, but that’s just the reality. Please learn to deal with it and not be so emotional.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Against Liberia hopefully we get to see both Kalu and Onyekuru on opposing flanks.[/quote]You can certainly bet on it the fool will feature Onyekuru for few minutes.[/quote]

Onyekuru needs to take his opportunity and ingrain it in Rohr's mind that he is the real deal. I am convinced Rohr will not ignore any player who does the business on the pitch.[/quote]

Rohr has started him before, he just didn’t stand out.[/quote]why are you pervading malicious lies ? You watched the match he didn't stand or you came to your stupid and erreneous conclusion based on hearsay. Please be honest once in your lifetime. What match I may ask? Please post the video so others may watch and make their own inference or desist instantly from your foolish prevarication . Honestly I hate blatant and shameless liars whose intent are to denigrate someone.
This continuous neglecting of Onyekuru by this fool of a human being is definitely insidious and something that does not meet the eyes but surely not a football reason. There is no question in my mind Onyekuru is in the same with Mohammed Salah and no other Nigerian player comes remotely including the highly adulated Kalu.[/quote]You've now graduated to insulting people who don't share your shallow, flip-flopping POV.
E be like your Onitsha market grammar don expire and your way of remaining relevant na to insult everybody upandan.
You funny nor be small. :rotf:[/quote] Snake oil seller honestly I do not have your time . Unscrupulous human being.[/quote]Too much time spent reading dictionary upside down. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:[/quote] I surely feel your pain albeit the consequences your craftiness
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Sir keep salivating Rohr absolutely lacks the acumen to maximize the potentials of the aforementioned players. I sincerely believe this is our golden opportunity to be the best we can be, unfortunately, we have a square peg in a round hole . Rohr ls devoid of the savvy to handle these super stars. If he continues to be Eagles coach one of these day I will say I told you so.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Then who is going to defend? This will look like our Sunday Sunday team where all the Mexicans, Uruguayans, Cubans, and Elsalvadorians stay up front and expect someone else to defend.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Then who is going to defend? This will look like our Sunday Sunday team where all the Mexicans, Uruguayans, Cubans, and Elsalvadorians stay up front and expect someone else to defend.
:bump: :bump: We have Ndidi and Etebo giving defensive cover and also pushing and creating from deep midfield.

Central defence is Balogun/ Ekong. Apart from Awaziem and Omeruo we dont have much options left in CD. Ofcourse Aina/ Shehu and Idowu woudl handle full back positions.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Proper" Nigerian player: likes to dribble, run with the ball, with an eye for the extravagant. Hope he stays fit and focused, and has a long career.

There have been many false dawns with Nigerian wingers over the years (Ikedia, H Babangida, Obasi etc).
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16